Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bnet makes me mad. Details inside.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ancalagon, Aug 9, 2010.

1. ancalagon

ancalagon IncGamers Member

Bnet makes me mad. Details inside.

Dont read this if you have ADD or short attention span. I just need to vent a bit instead of smashing my keyboard ... just wasted 30 mins of my keyrunning (dont get much gametime really except on weekends) with some idiotnet ... well some idiot.net idiot.

So I make a game, asking 'N ASTREON 4' ... means +4 skills of course. Bunch of spam bots come in, plus of course, the occasional people taking a chance and offering +2 or +3 ... but hey c'est la vie! I'm still calm, cool and collected at this point, because those people will never change and I shouldn't have to suffer for it, right? So eventually this guy comes along, says he has a non-eth +4 one and does the quick 'wisp me if n' fast save and exit switch thingy. Yeah, that frustrating move. I already dont like him right there and then ...

So I wisp him, tell him I want to see it first to see if it has a good +dmg roll. He says its +4 and the damage is always the same, so I try to explain to him very nicely and civilised that its not the damage shown on the actual weapon but the +damage mod that works with smite, and it varies and I need a high one. He keeps saying that they're all the same damage and wants to know what I can offer before I even got a chance to see his Astreon roll. I ask to see it before committing to anything, he asks me to make a normal game, so I leave my keyhunting and make a normal game and wisp him details. Now he says he wont join unless I say what I can offer first (this is where I start boiling a bit), I insist I need to see it because I might not be interested at all .... take a look here ... and remember there was already a behemoth-sized wall of text before this ... its the only screenshot i took and my patience was being stretched to the limit slowly ...

[​IMG]

After that text, I admit I said some stuff in the rude spectrum of the English language and told him to bugger off, and I have no regrets actually, as anyone else would have done the same, I'm only human. I quit and keep keyhunting, he wisps me 5 mins later saying simply 'ist and its yours!' ... so I decide to give it another try and quit my keyhunting yet again and tell him to come to my normal game once again. This time he comes, at least. We open the trade window quick, and I see a polearm ... and I'm thinking to myself 'Dont show me your Insights and Spirits like everyone else, just wanna see that DARN ASTREONS!' I hover over to the polearm and its an ARIOCS NEEDLE. +4 SKILLS.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

(Edit: Tbh, my silly self should've noticed something's up when he said min 1xx and max 2xx ed ... but I thought he was simply off)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Bnet makes me mad. Details inside.

TLDR...please don't bypass the word filter.

thanks.

3. sticker

sticker IncGamers Member

Lol this line made me laugh a bit..

oh well i guess there are all kinds of people on bnet :p

4. ancalagon

Gotta be kidding me, this a kids forum now? I dont consider that a bad word by any means. Edited anyway, sorry about that then.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

We have rules, and not bypassing the word filter is one of them.

6. ancalagon

I know ... wasnt trying to bypass the word filter, was a leet way of spelling that word :) Sorry

7. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Your mistake was responding in complete sentences to someone speaking in telegraphese. You can't educate people like that, all you can do is repeat short, succint commands like "whats the +damage mod". If he gets it, great, if not, then he probably wasnt going to make a trade anyway

I've wasted so much time in "ISO" or "FT" games with windowshoppers and people that dont know what they want. Its not worth it to try and make something happen, if it doesn't then just wait till someone else comes that knows what they're talking about :)

And, to be fair, you could have at least given him a price you'd've paid if it WAS good. I've been in his shoes before, someone wants to see your stuff and then isn't able or willing to pay even ballpark what its really worth, and you can usually tell because they're the ones that just keep demanding you "show".

8. Urkbrug

Urkbrug IncGamers Member

amazingly helpful insight by mr.mod once again

9. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

well take heart in the fact that he's carrying around ariocs needle, taking up 8 slots in his inventry, and he's determined to get more than a few pgems for it.

when looking for a stormlash on b.net i got several people offering either snowclash belts or steelclash shields

10. EpicDevia

EpicDevia IncGamers Member

this one was a good one :D yes, sometimes strange things happen.
    i recall i went into game "need shako" some years ago. ofc i had a shako - white one...

11. ancalagon

XD nothing beats ravenlore for ravenfrost though :)

12. alphaz

alphaz IncGamers Member

hahaahahahahahaha

at first i thought it was just a random trader refusing to trade with you etc... until i read the ending. really cracks me up!

13. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

Bnet makes me mad too. But these threads are fun to read :tongue: