Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bnet is a liar!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zooply, Nov 10, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

bnet is a liar!

alright, i'm trying to trade off my crappy sin torch. i finally get somebody who wants to trade, but he says we need a normal game. alright. so i try & make the game, and 'failed to join game'. pfft! sucks, but it happens sometimes. i try switching characters since that helps at times. try and create it 'a game already exists with that name'. try and join 'game doesn't exist' only to find when i try and create it again 'game already exists'. i've had this happen before, so i decide to just wait until it dies off. nope. still there, and is right there now, doing the same thing, after about 5-10 minutes:shocked:

anyone know what's up?

2. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

a b.net moderator is laughing his *** of, that's what's up.:afro:

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Maybe some other player made your game in the 5-10 minutes you waited? It could happen.

4. Sgraffite

Sgraffite IncGamers Member

I think it happens when you exit a game and your character doesn't get logged out correctly, then when you go to create a new game, you can't join it because the server still sees that character as "logged in".

This is exactly what happens when you have a character logged in, and using another computer and cd key you try to join another game with that same character.

Anyways when that game is "created" so to speak, it seems to be bugged in the fact that the server recognizes it's, but it is not a valid game in the sense that you cannot join it.

This is just speculation for whatever that is worth.

5. malakhai

malakhai IncGamers Member

If I were to guess, I would assume 2 things.

1. When you create a game, Bnet has a process that runs every X minutes to make those games 'permanent'. These are the games that if you leave, and they have 0 people, they stay for a few minutes. If you need to xfer stuff badly, and want to risk it, this is the type of game you get in.

2. The same type of process is run every X min to remove games with 0 people in them.

My guess would then be that when you make the game and fail to join it, it gets picked up by the first process, and stays permanent. However, since you cannot join the game, and it is corrupt (messed up) Bnet says it doesn't exist for you to join, but it still exists in its list of games so you cannot create it.

Later, after a possible 3rd process (garbage collection) comes by to fix the game, it is removed by process #2.

That would be my best guess.

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

eh, maybe lol. now it's giving me 'cannot connect' and something about ports & firewalls. i figured at first it's doing this cause i have been jumping in and out of quite a few games. but if that were the case, i'd figure it'd give me the banned message. YET, i've been trying a couple games for a trade, and when i finally meet somebody to trade with, it gives me this message right when i'm trying to switch to my mule.

so ya, i think jakotaco is right. some mod at bnet is being a jack***:censored:

7. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

When I trade with strangers, I'd always make sure that I have their account names down, so that I can contact them in case anything wierd happens.

8. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

true jackson. i'll remember that next time lol

9. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Yeah... especially if sometimes you find a really good deal.. and somewhere along the game-making process, something messes up...