Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bmp Volume 1- Our not so great beginning.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Vilencia, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Vilencia

Vilencia IncGamers Member

Bmp Volume 1- Our not so great beginning.

Wow. That would be the best one word sum-up I could come up with. Seriously what happened tonight was a disgrace. At 5:15 we showed up, met in our channel (bmp) and began to discuss our plans. No sooner then 2 or 3 minutes we had a full flame war going on. The topic- OMG SHOULD WE USE OUR REAL NAMES OR OUR BNET NAMES!? Yep, a 10 minute argument on whether or not tags were appropriate. The conclusion- tags with whatever the @%#& you wanted. Ah, my negotiation skills astound me...

Anyways as we begin our game more arguing persued. Devil wanted to mf for our group as a whole. A round of protests came up along with some mild profanity. Pekov and Devil went all out using a variety of colorful words in their oh so pleasant vocabulary. Really showed their maturity. Well finally after 5 minutes of this crap I decided to tell Devil to take a hike. He did. With one less person we continued on when our 7th and 8th original party members showed up. We were all level 5 at the time and decided to restart to put everyone on equal footing.

Heres where the 3rd and final problem arrived. In our new game a random person joined (bio) a friend of one of our members. He dropped a few items on the ground for an unknown reason (xfering?) which is when things took a turn for the worst. Our member (*cough shmanz2 *cough sorry bout that bad cough I have >_> <_<) decided to pick up these items for himself. Well the thing is half of us saw him do it... Well I told him to politely @%$# off and we went on our way. Approximately 10 minutes later he rejoins claiming he did NOT take any items ( :scratch: ). Thing is when we saw him do it, its kinda hard to deny it. Finally he gives in and admits he took some, blaming someone else as well. Wonderful. He partied and played with us (wtfs up with that guys? huh?). Meh we continued on with the occational insult or 2 here and there for about 10 minutes. FINALLY things cooled down and we were on our way. Sure I could describe the gameplay but nothing to memorable. I will give a LOT of credit to a few of our members for putting up with this **** as well as really getting into the spirit of things. Good job guys! :clap:

Conclusion: Things shaped up for the best. We have a good team and a group of fun players to be around now that the erm shall we say the Invalids are gone ^^. It was fun for the 15 minutes we played. 1 hour of fighting, 15 minutes of playing Sigh...
    Well I look forward to tomorrow at 5:15PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME!!!

~peace :buddies:

2. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

The topic- OMG SHOULD WE USE OUR REAL NAMES OR OUR BNET NAMES!? Yep, a 10 minute argument on whether or not tags were appropriate.

HeHe i think it was closer to 15 minutes..sad..

FINALLY things cooled down and we were on our way

exactly when did things cool down? lol.. there was the whole thing with the "tp to dark woods" "no walk"

3. Night-Crawler

Night-Crawler IncGamers Member

4. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

5. Night-Crawler

I'm not saying anything, dont really know what happened, just wanted to say that so people dont bring me into da picture

6. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

:jig: **chuckles**

Now that is a way to start a "team" game.

Looking forward to more of your mischevious adventures.

Wing.

BTW, Vil your avatar is from "Cowboy Bepop" correct?

7. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

A party of thieves, 1337-talkers, self-righteous morons and general idiots. Is this another episode of 'Real life'? :teeth:

8. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Spike Spiegel! Heh anyways sounds like an interesting bunch lol. Devil after getting into an argument which sounds like it wasn't one sided and leaveing (whether asked to or not) and not hanging around shows allot for you character. I wouldn't mind playing with someone who can just suck it up and go on with their business any day. I know the immature thing to do would be to stick around and continue argueing and harassing. Yet you did the complete opposite :).

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that you guys had such a ruff start. I can imagine how frustrating it is to try and start a team of dedicated players and get an atmosphere like in a pubbie game (or worse).

Guess it just shows how lucky we got with KTA that we hit it off with our team right away. (not that we don't disagree at times ;) ). I think in the beginning, everybody was willing to step back a little and leave the final decisions to Syxx, as he was the one who had the idea to form KTA - and that helped a lot. Maybe the fact that thru pure coincidence our group is made up of members from 22 to 42 years of age helped also.

Anyhow, I really hope you can work it out and get a great team spirit going. Good luck on your further adventures.

10. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Yep, if i read all this i guess i'm one of the lucky few, coz KTA = roxxor big time! Det? Maybe we should start new KTA teams.

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well you said about half of what I was thinking.

12. Tera-Hertz

Tera-Hertz IncGamers Member

Well, I for one just had to laugh at the first 30 minute of our ordeal. I have to admit I was a little suprised at what happened, but after thinking about it, it was a good time for it to happen. I mean it would have really sucked if we were half way through NM and this happened. I guess the first and most important thing we all must learn as a team is trusting one another. Do we have issues as a team, absolutely, can we overcome these, you bet! When we decided to call it quits for the night, I took a step back and thought about it, and I would say that the first night was a success, a credit to us all!!

We do have a few issues I would like to bring out before they become a problem:

1. We really need to have one leader. Too many chiefs and not enough indians set us up for failure. I vote for Vile on this, since he set this up, and did a pretty good job on making quick decisions last night.

2. Not sure if this will be a problem or not. DROPS? Who will gets what? It's easy for class specific stuff, but what about the rest. Who would get the first Stormshield that drops??? Again, this is where a leader would benefit us. King Solomon anyone?

3. Playing times and goals. A few members wanted to continue last night. I think we need to set in stone how long we play or what quest we finish before we start.

4. Death! This is a tough one. Just starting it doesn't seem to be a big deal, but what if I die at lvl 30 or even higher?

A solution would be:

Since we only play a few hours, if someone is killed we could allow them to lvl back up on there own until they are say 5 lvls lower then the rest of us.

Or as a team we could bring them back up.

Again here is where some leadership is needed.

5. Got to say this guys sorry, CHEATING: Bringing in gear that was not found by the group? He is where MH would actually benefit us, not that I am saying we use it, but a thought.

These are a few things I can think of that might become a problem for us in the future. Will there be other issues, heck ya! Those will have to be dealt with as they arise. It was great playing last night and hope to see everyone tonight again.

Bill

13. GIR

GIR Banned

100 Gold says that at least one member of this team gets PK'd by another member.

14. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

From what i have read you dont have a team here......there may be one hidden in the depths of the group but a couple of ppl have not got any idea what team means.

Zappa has a list of ppls names for item choices, if more than one wants it we go to the list and that person on top gets first crack and if wants goes to bottom of list.

There are also mules for everything that basically zappa and Baalos have and maybe a few others for all the other stuff. Nothing leaves the team as we may need it later and I am sure at the end we will sort it all out some decent way.

In order to do something like this you need mannered ppl with no greed in thier hearts. Hell i gave up my godly FCR rate by giveing Shard to our sorc and useing a lesser item. I let others take the nicer items as I feel I am adequately prepared for now. It takes 8 ppl with this mindset to succeed in this endevour.

Item hungry ppl will fail at this!

From what i have read already, the first item of value that hits the ground is going to be snatched up by someone and they will promptly quit!

15. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Just want to say good luck with your team :)
    And just as you say, you're better off finding out this in the beginning than in NM or Hell...

Hopefully you will end up with a bunch of nice, team oriented players :)

/Magnus

16. Night-Crawler

aka Idddy

Wow... You put it very well I must say, i think this will be a bigger success bc we solved most of are problems and are under way... i will be on at 6 tonight, (right after work) please don' tleave a1 without me.. i can catch u pon the Q after with somone else help or something...

Possible before we start we will adress all theses problems and have them solved before we start to devote to much time and get to the better items.

C'ya at 6:10 est...
    Idddy

17. Vilencia

Yep, my avatar is Spike from Bebop quite possible my favorite show ever.

18. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

Where did i fall

hrm gotta ask, where did i fall category wise? not that i care i was just wondering toli, and how's the weightloss going bro?

19. Vilencia

Sorry I left guys but today was really dumb, I'll give this 1 more shot tomorrow at 330 PM EST and see what happens. one of our members (shmanz2) attempted to kill me by hostiling us in dark wood... smart when all I did was tp to town... neways I would like to give this another shot tomorrow and see if we have any more problems. We need more members- 5 people isn't enough. Once again I apologize for leaving but out of disgust I just didn't feel like playing, the fun had been taken out of the game leaving me with no reason to play.
    ~ Peace

ps: I owe GIR 50 gold for the attempted pk ^^

20. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

thought tommorow was 330