Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BM PvP Auradin/Charger

Discussion in 'PvP' started by edgie, Oct 17, 2006.

1. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

BM PvP Auradin/Charger

So as i've become more involed in LLDing i realised how damm annoying it is when people lose with their LLDer and bring in lvl 90+ to smoke my lvl 30 mage. I wanted to make a BM build that will guarantee a stern beating to most classes (it will not be a dueling char but a strict and pure piece of ***, no-manners killer). Hence ( i just love that word ), i decided on the Auradin PvP Charger.

Equipment:

HoJ Zerker
    Dream Bone Visage
    Dream Sacred Targe (40+ res)
    Dragon Archon (maybe dusk)
    35 res/447 ar/317 def Metalgrid
    20 Dex Raven
    Wisp
    TGod's
    Bloodfists
    Not sure on boots yet....Waterwalks?
    Switch: CTA

Charms : Torch/Anni/OffensiveGcs

Stash Gear (the BM of the BM):
    4x Ort Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Ral Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Thul Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Tal Archon (or Dusk)
    Def/Life GCs (if my conviction aura gets owned by an FoHer...pop res light aura and charge)
    Hotspur
    Helmouth
    The Rising Sun Ammy
    2x Dwarf Star
    Raven
    Wisp

Skills

20 light res
    20 fire res
    20 conviction (or max lvl 25 with gear?)
    20 Charge
    1 or 20 Holy shield
    Rest in Might

I'll have at least 12k elemental dmg on my charge (i think), as well as some decent physical dmg - nothing to sneeze at.

Questions:

1) Which boots would be better all arround? Keep in mind i won't be teleporting (run/walking or charging)

2) TGods or Dungos?
    (have both?)

3) Charms : offensive GCs or just fill inventory with 20 life SCs + torch/anni

4) Skills : 1 or 20 holy shield? (i know this is going to be answered with "whatever you feel is best" but just toss me an opinion either way)

5) Skills: conviction...should i max it or just 25 with + skills (if i don't use the offensive aura GCs i'll have to max it anyway)

6) Will my AR be enough on my charge to hit higher def barbs/palies

7) Should i stash a grief/Exile (or pheonix for dmg)/fort for people who res/sorb stack against me? Will my dmg be enough to justify it?

Anythign im missing?

Once again, i realise this build is BM. But i just want to put some people in their place (omgZZ my 90 pwned joo 30), even if it means some bad manners every now and then.

Thanks,

*edgeedge

2. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

no comments?

3. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

Are your resists, block, DR, and FHR up to par? What's the projected damage?

And how effective will an elemental char that relies in part on -resists from conviction be, in a norm environment?

4. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

With no DR, wouldn't melee/physical dam chars one hit kill you?

5. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Would it not be simpler to make your LLD game with a level restrict?

6. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

My resists, block and dmg will all be up to par. Both the lvl 30 holy fire and holy shock (synergized) add insane ammounts of elemental dmg to your weapon. My charge will have i believe ~12k elemental dmg attributed to it not to mention a substantial (not enormous, but not negligable) physical dmg. The only problem i have at this point (which for some reason had not crossed my mind before) is my extreme lack of DR. The only slot that i can help that with is my belt so i'll run a dungos for the 15 %.

As for the conviction in a norm environment, i figure that for *most* characters i'll be able to bring their resistance down to ~50 (players make a lot of res gear sacrifices when dueling in norm...also unless the char is specifically a dueler, i doubt they have more then 50% stacked resist in hell) which is enough for me to get the job done. If somebody completely overstacks both fire and lightning, im going to have a fort/grief/shield/coa (either hoz, exil or pheonix depending on what i need) in stash for a purely melee based charged. If i forgoe to many points into holy shield i could easily have a 900%+ dmg charge.

thanks for the comments :)

now that would just be sensible :grin: (truth is i join games more often then i make them...plus making people get lvl 80+ to kill your LLD is just funny)

7. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

4x Ort Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Ral Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Thul Archon (or Dusk)

I actually use these. :grin:

8. RoXoR

RoXoR IncGamers Member

why put em in archons when defense wont matter, unless ur getting hit by a merc :/ which should die in a few pulses anyway

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Stylepoints of course. Archon looks cool.

Now now. Let's see, an elemental character trying to BM? How about I do that too and slap on some sorb and laugh as you try to kill me with your 200 PvP damage? Specially since the only way you will kill me is your charge. And charge is a weak PvP skill anyways, specifically if used against the likes of a BvC.

A single point: Not a single elemental character can ever be BM. Or well, Novamancers maybe, but even those can be cut down.

Oh, and I think that you won't have 12k damage. Your precious lvl 30 Holy Fire and Holy Shock add an AVERAGE of 4951 damage. So unless you charge does 7049 damage on it's own (which btw means physical damage), it won't happen.

And even if it does, via the 7049 physical, your total PvP damage would end up as 977 per hit to for example my BvC if he had 75% to both of those resistances and 36% DR. However, as your attack will most likely be main elemental, I would slap on Kiras, use a Fade and use some real nice Hotspur + TGod's. This would make your damage into 997 damage, if you still had that 7049 Physical damage. If it would all be elemental, it would be like ... 500.

10. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I have an Auradin and it is a good Pub killer. Couple comments from playing the build:

This char shouldn't be a norm dueler. The beauty of the build is to minus a huge quantity of resists from your opponent so that you can succesfully do mass damage. In norm, with stack this ain't happening.

Additionally:

4x Ort Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Ral Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Thul Archon (or Dusk)
    4x Tal Archon (or Dusk)

Waste of stash space on this build.

Questions:

1) Which boots would be better all arround? Keep in mind i won't be teleporting (run/walking or charging)

I use tearhaunch on mine - but Treks or Walks are cool.

2) TGods or Dungos?
    Dungos. TGods can be stashed

3) Charms : offensive GCs or just fill inventory with 20 life SCs + torch/anni

Lifers

4) Skills : 1 or 20 holy shield? (i know this is going to be answered with "whatever you feel is best" but just toss me an opinion either way)

I only did 1 HS, but 'prebuff' HS with CTA

5) Skills: conviction...should i max it or just 25 with + skills (if i don't use the offensive aura GCs i'll have to max it anyway)

I had to max it - no matter you need to get lvl 25 at least. I wouldn't use Off charms - they eat space.

6) Will my AR be enough on my charge to hit higher def barbs/palies

Use demonlimb and you hit a solid 12K AR or so. Learn to charge effectively and that is sufficient.

7) Should i stash a grief/Exile (or pheonix for dmg)/fort for people who res/sorb stack against me? Will my dmg be enough to justify it?

Yes and most of the time yes.

LCS lists charge damage at indeed 12k. Up for debate whether or not you can actually deal that damage. Called lying char screen for a reason, no? :)

I have also found that you have more success not charging a WW'er unless they suck at it, but rather tank them and melee.

IMO you need at least a back up magic or melee dealer of some sort in case you encounter a stacker.

11. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

If you're making an HLDer to deal with PvM high levels who come in and try to kill you... Just make two LLDs. One hammerdin to annihilate melees (with good use of charge) and one max res insight charger (quite possibly a regen one) to beat down sorcs.

Real duelers will have maxed res in hell, thus making your conviction do jack all.

12. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

thanks for the tips :)

13. RedWingz

RedWingz Banned

im my opione auradin fken sux large **** i mean sereously they can be sorbed easily ... they have no versitily and any barb can easily rape them..dont make a auradin youll become an e-raged emo slitter cauz peps are ganna be sorbin your ***..

14. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

how have you not been banned yet?

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Because Xircon is not around?

16. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

If he is really offending you , you could pm another mod to take action

17. RedWingz

RedWingz Banned

im just statin my opinion :D

18. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You can state it in MANY other ways, you do not need to talk like you do in JSP.

JSP and DII.Net are VERY different.

And if you opinion is that once someone gets angry over a game, this one person should commit suicide, something is VERY WRONG with you.

You shouldn't take suicide so lightly. I guess you've never had a friend who committed a suicide. Once you get one, you will start talking about suicide in a MUCH less light way. And this is based on my personal experiences.

19. RedWingz

RedWingz Banned

O fuk man.. man im realy sorry to hear that .. jsut please dont take what i say so personaly, and i dont know some1 who did commit suiside i know some1 who atempted ... common man suiside is funny somtimezz when it is not taken sereously

20. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You should ALWAYS take suicide seriously. 99.9% of all suicide candidates are NOT kidding. The rest 0.1% are teenagers who want people to listen to their ranting.

And no, suicide is NEVER funny. No matter what, it never is funny. Unless you're insane.

And why should I not take stuff "personally" when you reply to my request of taking suicide more seriously by saying "slit slit slit slit"?

If you know someone who's even associated with suicide in any way, you should not be taking it so lightly.

Life is a gift, so you shouldn't be laughing when people waste it.