Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bm Barb vs hybrid sin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Timmy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

Bm Barb vs hybrid sin

So .... how do I beat mass sorbing barbs?

Respec with a bramble option perhaps?

edit:

My stats are:

4.5k life, max dr, 4.3k WW, 7k+ traps, 8.5k Ar. ( I'll probably add an demonlimb for enchant later, think my AR will be 10k+ )

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Re: Bm Barb vs hybrid sin

Well your main weapon against barbs is your traps, as trading ww you'll basically lose unless they're really lacking in FHR - then you can stunlock and ww like they're a caster.

I'm surprised you don't keep a bramble in stash for prebuff already. Don't necessarily want it for a main armor on a hybrid.

3. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

It'll be nigh impossible to out whirl a barb. Out maneuvering only works so well and depends on the opponent but is likewise very hard to do. With shields....pray.

Bramble will hinder your mobility way too much and you won't have the life to tank and make thorns worth it. The venom won't kill them before they're able to kill you.

4. thowix

thowix IncGamers Member

What about casting your SM with thorns in the middle of their wws...?

5. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

You wouldn't be able to avoid the barb with Bramble.

6. SeCKSEgai

Unless the barb wasn't in Enigma - but yeah barbs are typically uphill battles for ghosts since they do what you do except with better life and damage, only lacking the shadow since leap is technically a ranged stun.

Traps are supposed to counter that with hybrids, but if they absorb that, you're last resort is hoping their fhr is lacking. If anything, when someone goes bm on me I just mb them incessantly and town if need be.

7. Smithenator

Smithenator IncGamers Member

If the barbarian is good and is absorbing all your traps then you are basically screwed. Hybrids are absolutely awful in bad manner situations, they don't do nearly enough burst damage and are easily absorbed or stacked against.

If you find a bad manner barbarian, either avoid him or find a new game. Hybrids are great, but only in gm situations.

8. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

I'm going to try get a 50% bramble precast and see how it goes if I meet someone like that again.

To be honest, most of the time, a 3.6k WW is enough to kill most mass sorbing builds. So when I go Bm by using my precast claws, I usually win. ( unless they are going to drink antidote potions I suppose )

edit: If I use gores instead of Shadow dancers, I can use a Bramble setup at base strenght still, so I'll experiment with that too if I can find a 50% bramble. Maybe it will allow me to beat those barbs :p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  9. SeCKSEgai

a 3.6k ww is able to kill most barbs? or most sorbers? There's a big difference there.

WW is going to be low whether ghost or hybrid, but it's enough for the majority of what you fight. Barb's have more life, can dual wield stronger weapons, have the skill inherently (thus better ar/damage), or block 75% and still hit harder with just one weapon. So when they sorb your traps, unless you can stunlock and ww, you're basically going to lose as blow for blow you'll die before he does.

I never saw prebuff on venom as bm, so I'm surprised you don't do it regularly.

10. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

Not against barbs ofcourse if they mass sorb me. No chance of winning.

But any other class, I can still win by playing as a Ghost.

I'm still a bit confused if it's bm or not. By some it's legit but by some it's bm.

Suppose I'll just prebuff by default then. :p