Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bloody Crazy Saturday in College Football

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, Oct 16, 2006.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

Bloody Crazy Saturday in College Football

What was up with all the craziness this weekend in college football? A huge brawl, Florida losing, USC coming close to losing, and my 2 favorite teams in the top 3 in the BCS standings.

I’m really looking forward to November 18th when Michigan goes to Ohio State which, provided Michigan continues to put up strong showings and USC struggles in just one game between now and then, will be No. 1 vs No. 2 with the winner locking up the number one spot and playing November 8th.

The Loser will lock up the Rose Bowl bid and possibly play ND (provided they don’t stumble) on New Years day. As a Michigan fan I of course want the win against Ohio State but a loss and another trip to the Rose won’t be bad either. I’m very excited to see what Michigan’s defense does against Ohio States QB and hope they crush another Hiesman hopeful’s chances like they did with ND's QB.

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

You forgot the craziest part, Delaware going on a jailhouse blitz when they had Hofstra pinned inside their 5 yard line on 4th and forever with a minute left in a game they were leading by 4. Result, 40 yard completion. If the pass had been a foot shorter, it would have been a touchdown. Oh wait, that happened in Div I-AA among two also ran schools, so it's not important.

3. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

even the Detroit Lions won!!

the world is coming to an end!

4. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

How about Colt McCoy, Texas' redshirt freshman QB setting the school record for TDs in a game?

5. skihard

skihard Banned

6 TD tosses in one game is amazing even if the competition isn’t what most would consider a power house.

As far as the Lions winning, they have no choice with the Tigers, Wings, and Piston’s all on top the Lion’s were feeling lonely at the bottom. We’ll see what happens the rest of the season. Who knows maybe a .500 season is possible even for them.

West Virginia put up big numbers, but all they need is one player (White) to catch a cold and they are done.

6. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

But Texas at number nine overall is a farce, ESPECIALLY since the computer rankings have us at 15th! Any fool can see we have a better team than Tennessee, ND, Rutgers, Boise or Oregon! Although I do understand why Auburn is above us, but I don't understand why they'd be above West Virginia (who is inexplicably 14TH in the computer rankings!!!).

I can also understand why Florida is above us, considering the computer sees they've beaten #13 and #9. I really think what's hurting us the most in the Computers' eyes is that we played Sam Houston State.

And how about that retarded bra between Powerhouse Miami and FIU? 33 people were suspended overall, including half of FIU's starters, for each team's next game. What the hell has happened to Miami?

7. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

Colt was definitely impressive, and I got a huge laugh out of Jermichael Finley's takeaway TD in the 2nd quarter. The most impressive air performance I've ever watched, though, still belongs to Josh Fields and Reshaun Woods of Oklahoma State a few years ago. Fields threw 7TDs in all, and six of those fell into Woods' hands.

Texas at number nine overall is a farce, ESPECIALLY since the computer rankings have us at 15th! Any fool can see we have a better team than Tennessee, ND, Rutgers, Boise or Oregon! Although I do understand why Auburn is above us, but I don't understand why they'd be above West Virginia (who is inexplicably 14TH in the computer rankings!!!).

I can also understand why Florida is above us, considering the computers see they've beaten #13 and #9. I really think what's hurting us the most in the Computers' eyes is that we played Sam Houston State.

And how about that retarded brawl between Powerhouse Miami and FIU? 33 people were suspended overall, including half of FIU's starters, for each team's next game. What the hell has happened to Miami?

8. skihard

skihard Banned

to many drugs in the water maybe?

Isn't the coaches/Harris polls over 2/3's of the weight for the BCS with the computer bringing up only a smaller percent?

Were it me I'd have Texas at 7th in front of ND and Florida both of which I think are ranking a little too high especially Flordia at #6 they are 10th or 1tth in my book.

I don't like that temas can take such a huge hit because they lose one game. Texas was #2 and lost to the #1 and for some reason that makes them crap?!? I don't think so, but #2 can lose to a #11 and only drop to 6th in the BCS how is that possible?!? Well it's not unless your state starts with an "F"

9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla IncGamers Member

Florida losing ****ing sucks. At least they're still 6th in the BCS rankings. Baylor put up 31 on UT. :grin:

10. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

GO BLUE!!!!!

What about this hypothetical:

Only two teams remain unbeaten in the nation (unlikely, but play along): Michigan and Ohio State. They play a great game, and Michigan wins by a slim margin on November 18. Do they play again for the championship? If they are the only unbeatens by November 18, I can't see how they wouldn't.

11. Gibbzilla

Either West Virginia or Louisville will go unbeaten as well, since they play absolutely NO ONE except for each other.

12. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

*Pats his Michigan/OSU ticket*

Um, anyone want to buy a ticket? :)

13. Gibbzilla

I'd prefer to see a SEC showdown.

14. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Not a chance. If Auburn is sitting at one loss still, then they will have beaten Georgia, Florida, LSU, all of their SEC games plus the SEC Championship. They would be your number 2 team in such a scenario.

15. skihard

skihard Banned

Yeah no chance or a double match up and the BCS wouldn’t want it anyhow. They will make more by having 2 teams form different conferences, even though Ohio State and even more so Michigan both have national it wouldn’t be good for the “game”. The other reason it will never happen is because whoever loses that game is sure to drop to at least 7 or 8 if not lower in the polls. With neither of them being form a that warm climate state the polls won’t be kind. No it will be either Michigan/Ohio State and probably Auburn,/USC or West Virginia if Auburn or USC loses one.

16. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

7 or 8? Maybe if it's a complete blowout, but I don't see them dropping that low. If it's a well-contested game, I don't see the losing team falling out of the top five (assuming they both remain undefeated until they play each other...).