Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blood Raven's Charge

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thirty-Thirty, May 30, 2005.

1. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

Blood Raven's Charge

Ahoy,

Mephisto, in his recent spat of generosity, has dropped Blood Raven's Charge. Now, this baby has a huge bonus to attack rating, the explosive bolts, and +skills. But above all, it has revive charges. Is there any build that can make this weapon worthwhile? I guess a Sniper, but you'll need a lot of dex to get any damage out of this bow, and the Revive charges probably cost an arm and a leg? But it'd be so stylish...

30-30

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Honestly the revive charges aren't going to do much good since Revive is usually only good with points into Skeleton Mastery.

3. #endgame

#endgame IncGamers Member

bowmancer?

4. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

lol. you could revive a bunch of Dark Archers and be a bow brigade...

i'm reluctant to use any bow without built in ias - even if Mat Bows are quite quick anyway

<_< matt

5. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Yeah, of course you can make it work, you can make pretty much everything work. In contrast to what dashy says, revives are probably useful even without points in SM. Not for killing, they never really shine at that, but for tanking. If you're using this bow you can probably forego points in valkyrie if you want to. Though I'm not sure you can repair the revive charges with the cube... I wouldn't really worry too much about built in IAS, one frame give or take won't matter much.

The most useful aspect of revives is getting a bunch of urdar type monsters to help you fight hell ancients.

If the bow has relatively low physical damage trying to boost that with dex is pointless. Better rely on open wounds, crushing blow or perhaps elemental skills.

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I have always wanted to use that bow somehow. One idea of mine was to use it on switch to get few revives in hardest fights (hell ancients...)

Recharging the bow will be quite costly I think

7. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

I used BR Charge on switch for my bowazon's Pit MF/XP runs. I normally used Eaglehorn but in cases where there were a lot of fallen and fallen shaman or at times when I was overwhelmed, the revive charges came in handy. The damage pales in comparison to eaglehorn though.

PS: if you happen to run out of revive charges, all your revives will disappear. :mad:

8. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Main thing is damage is low on that bow for physical damage build, and no ias for casting build. It's just like most other 1.10 new uniques, okay to use if you have nothing else, but there are always cheaper/easier to find solutions that's better for the situation.