Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

blood and iron

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by PuppMaster, Sep 20, 2006.

1. PuppMaster

PuppMaster IncGamers Member

blood and iron

is the blood golem better than the iron golem? when i actually play and i use a blood golem he is substantially weaker than my iron golem. When my IG dies i usually summon a BG until i find something to make an IG with. I watch the damage the BG does and t isnt very much at all, but when i make an IG out of even a crappy weapon he does a lot more damage.
    But i am looking at the pet calculator ( http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~gottwald/necro_pet_calculator.html )
    it is tellin me that the BG is much better and that the clay golem towers above the two. now i know the calculator does not take into account the weapon from which you spawn the IG, but does it change the stats that much? but my ultimate question is blood or iron?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Blood is a really crappy Golem. Low life, poor damage and a health link make BG more of a death trap than a help. The damage on IG jumps a lot when made from a decent weapon. Take a look at the Golem FAQ for some info on Golems.

3. Growlor

Growlor IncGamers Member

Actually none of the golems are really powerful

Blood Golem was always my "just cause the idea of it is cool" favorite golem (my flagship necro has a lvl 40 BG after all the + skills items), but he really took a lot of effort to make him useful in modern d2, so I rarely cast him anymore. Mostly I just use clay for the slow effect on bosses and because he is great to "throw" him (ie recast him) close to anything that is shooting at you. This takes the heat off of you until you/your minions/party can close and dsipatch them.

Growlor