Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blocking while in Blood Lord mode?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Rius666, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

Blocking while in Blood Lord mode?

I have full trang's set so I look like a blood lord. I noticed that while in blood lord mode my cast speed was drastically slowed to compensate for the fact that the blood lord cast speed animation tops out at a lower lvl than normal char cast rate. This got me to wondering about blocking. The blood lord doesnt really have a blocking animation and ever since i was in blood lord mode i havent heard the blocking noise when i get hit even tho i have max blocking. So i was wonderin if it were possible to block at all while wearing full trangs set in blood lord mode.

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I've heard some say yes, it considers it blocked but doesn't animate it (this would be good, very good) i've heard some say no, it doesn't do it at all.

I'll do some testing on the matter when I get home.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Two things:

1) How the hell did you become a cool Blood Lord instead of the wimpy Vampire?
    2) Testing had already been done on this and it turned out that you can't block while in Vamp mode.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Ok...listen to MM then. Saves me some trouble :p

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

That sucks... i think that if you can block as a werewolf and werebear, you should be able to block shifted to something else.

6. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

sorry about the blood lord confusion although i thought they were called blood lords (not to be confused with death lords) and yes this SUCKS if u cant block guess i wasted all those points to dex :(

7. morbidone

morbidone IncGamers Member

Testing has been done, and it showed that you CAN block while in vampire form! (yeay) Testing also showed that blocking animation is identical to FHR animation, and the animation speed for both blocking and hit recovery is affected by FHR items! So those points into strength are not exactly wasted.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

That is weird. Why would FHR affect FBR? Are you sure you didn't get things messed
    up? Because before the Forum went down, there was a guy who asked the same thing. He claimed he had 75% blocking and always took damage when he let himself get hit. Never did he get hit and didn't loose life. So this is why I am asking. Can't test it myself because I don't have Full Trang's.

9. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster IncGamers Member

Hmm I think you can, or at least im pretty sure it blocked when I tried it during 1.10 beta, using the hit recovery animation (but not affected by fhr I think) but it could have changed. It was about the only not-dissapointing thing about the vamp to me ;)