Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzy's remaining skill points - now what?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sirpoopsalot, Oct 8, 2006.

1. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Blizzy's remaining skill points - now what?

My pure Blizz sorc just hit level89 in the Pindlethon. She's already max'ed Blizzard and all its synergies, has enough +skills with gear for lvl27 CM, 1 in Warmth, SF, and Teleport. I plan on using her for Pindle and Ancient Tunnels runs, with maybe a little Meph thrown in.

At most, I expect she'll make level 95, so that gives me 7 total skillpoints in the future (including the 1 that's currently unallocated). So, where do I put the remaining skill points?

FYI, she has a Zephyr bow on switch for the boost to FR/W while running around town, so I don't have a Bonehew for the CI's. It's merc or nothing for those. She has +10 all skills, and +13 Cold skills (total).

- CM, with skills I already have -150 Cold Resist, which I think will drop almost every non-CI I'm likely to encounter to -100 resist. Aren't more points here a waste?
    - Shiver Armor, a little more defense never hurt, but she seldom gets hit
    - Static Field, expanding the radius isn't bad, but it's hardly necessary
    - Warmth/Teleport, having more mana available never hurts, but I don't really run out
    - Fireball, something to do if I actually decide to fight a CI instead of park it. Is a point in FM worth it if I take this route?

- Any better ideas?

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

My pure Blizzie has CM maxed and 1 point unspent (@ lvl 95). Whatever you do, don't put point(s) in FB. Dump them in Static if don't want to max CM.

3. San

San IncGamers Member

Cold Mastery definitely. This way you can do more damage to one of the Blizzys favourite targets, Meph, who has 75% Cold resist.

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

With so few skill points, Firewall seems to be a better investment than Fire Ball, albeit not as easy to use. Whether it'll be a useful attack skill to start with is a different question though (of which I don't know the answer).

5. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

The Answer: It's not.

6. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I thought he was 50% - I guess that answers my question then: CM it is.

thanks everyone

7. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Firewall is a great secondary skill. I wouldn't suggest attempting a fully synergized Blizz with Firewall because you won't finish the build till the late 90s, but I fought long and hard with myself on whether I'd go with Blizz/Fireball or Blizz/Firewall. I ended up going with the FB because I had the gear to make it work. I do have a Blizz/FW sorc though, and FW, but a pure Blizzy won't have the skill points to make it work.

Conclusion: Go with Cold Mastery.