Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzie vs Dclone?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Xiamet, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Blizzie vs Dclone?

I know by now this question has probably already been asked...but a search on this forum hasn't turned up an answer, hence this new thread:

Is a Blizzardess a viable char vs the Dclone?

If so, I'd like to hear some folk's experiences vs the Dclone with their Blizzie...such as the speed of the kill, whether or not you tanked him or evaded him while dropping blizzards on him etc etc. Details are appreciated here.

I ask this mainly because I have a Blizzie, and if she can serve as a good Clone killer, than I won't bother making that Conc barb, who's sole purpose would be to kill the clone, and to bore me to death with 3 difficulties of killing one monster at a time. Oy!

Thanks,

-X

2. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

A necro is probably the best vs dclone.
    A hammerdin is just as good.
    A blizzard sorc might be good. But no idea its like taking down baal and its kinda hard to take down baal ^_^

3. graycloud

graycloud IncGamers Member

viable yes, but she can't solo. you need a tank to keep him still, otherwise he regens life too fast because he's not getting hit enough.

i'd say use a hammerdin or whatever char can kill fast. much more effective.

4. xib

xib IncGamers Member

ive used my blizzard twice in a row to successfully solo d-clone.

the trick is to have your act2 defiance merc you leveled from normal to hell so he is as uber as possible use blackhorns or another item with 'prevent monster heal'

once they hit him with that 'prevent monster heal' mod on, he cannot regenerate past that point anymore.

so if you get him down to half life and your merc hits him one time, he cannot regen past half life anymore.

'prevent monster heal' is d-clones daddy

the second time i fought him, i straight up wtfpwned him solo.

sure my merc died 4 times and i had to rez him, so what.

a piddly 200k gold for an easy anni, ill pay that any time.

just to clarify the 'a blizzard sorc cant solo d-clone' is totally wrong.

5. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Talon-sin is much better....7/2/2/2/... attack rate with 75-100% CB and 50+% OW will take him down quickly while OW blocks his regen. Use Dracul's to get Life Tap on him and it'll be really hard to die to him.

6. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I would say blizzard is the best sorceress spell vs the clone.
    I faced DC twice using Frozen Orb. Even without Prevent Monster Heal (which I had not known about), I was able to whittle down his hit points, but I was unable to take his damage for long enough so I had to get a tank.

Now with Blizzard and its much longer range and full synergies you should be able to keep far enough away not to take much damage. Spawning location is important. You want somewhere his fatass cannot move easily, like Bloody Foothills.

Cold Mastery is important, and why cold works well. Since he has 95% resistance level 17 (-100) will drop that to -5%. Probably faster to start with some static with minus enemy lightning resistance first, then switch to Blizzard.

Sad: I got DC twice in one week and when I had just got my weak sorceress to Hell which was months ago. Since then I have built zon, necro, and baba all of which would cream DC and I get no clone :(. Thanks Blizzard.
    Oh, and the second time I tried the Blood Raven trick, but they had fixed it the day before :(. Then I got some public help, but the bastard stole the charm.

7. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

This thread made me wonder about three things.

1) A mercenary from Normal leveled to, say, 70, would be stronger than a mercenary bought in Hell that was already level 70?

2) Is Defiance the best mercenary for a Sorceress? I'm using a Holy Freeze mercenary for both of my sorceresses (one Meteorb the other pure Blizzard) and he seems to be doing quite a good job for both builds, but if Defiance works better I wouldn't mind getting one and leveling him before my Holy Freeze mercs get a higher level than I wish to lose.

3) I know this is the sorc forum, but... how does a Necro take D-Clone easily? My Necromancer is a level 73 with summons and Corpse Explosion, I've never fought him but I don't know if I could win. What skills does a typical D-Clone killing Necro use? I've been wondering whether or not Decrepify amplifies damage (as it says it does in the spell description)... if it does, it seems that would render Amplify Damage completely useless, yet I see most Necros using Amplify Damage as their main curse.

8. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Yes

For Boss yes because most boss cannot be frozen (or is already chilled by blizzard). For general monsters I found holy freeze is better because you can't chill every single monster on the screen with blizzard, plus some are cold immune so you cannot freeze them.

Amp damage -100 physical resist, while decrep only do -50 physical resist. Vs boss decrp is better though because along with clay golem, boss hardly ever attack or even move.

9. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

While my Nec has yet to encounter the Dclone, I would imagine the scenario being something like this:

Get your summons together and go after the clone.

Cast your Clay Golem right next to him.

Cast decrepify on the Dclone. Can we say uber slow motion?

Spam Bone Spirits while your skeles whittle away at him.

Might be a long battle this way, but it should do it, with the constant damage from the skeles keeping the regen factor to a minimum.

For a Blizzie...I guess a merc with PMH is going to be neccesary...which is a shame because I haven't used my merc in ages...lol. They tend to slow down MF runs...for me anyways.

-X

10. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

A blizzard sorceress can easily solo him without a mercenary. Of course one with prevent monster heal (Mal weapon or bonehew) makes it go way faster. My mercenary died quickly against the clone but i could take him down with 4500 blizzard damage at -174 resist. That was in a 2player game with a little help from a skelliemancer :) but i'm sure that you can do it without any tanks since diablo doesn't move a lot either when you just run around him dodging his lightning inferno.

Lower resist is key on the clone, and blizzard has a lot of that through cold mastery.

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

wrong. it takes more then 1 hit. poison is the way to go, unless your merc is alive the entire time u fight d clone. running to town (or tp'ing) will allow him time to regenerate life.

but you are right on this:
    PREVENT MONSTER HEAL is d-clone's daddy.

Close. Poison Nova is the way to go. Poison is 100% prevent monster heal while it is active (monster = green). For a summoner to be good against baal, we're talking like slvl35+ warrior / mastery. Which means for 15+ to summon skills, you got a slvl16 golem / gol mastery / summon res. They will rock. Add your poison nova...godly.

But that ain't it. Your might merc is going to need some sick gear. High Def, Perfect resistances (absorb to fire a bonus) / dr / HUGE DMG + HUGE LEECH.

Then your done. My necro is THE clone killer. Hello 10+ anni's...all solo!

g

12. wind

wind IncGamers Member

At slvl35+ any number of other builds will become THE clone killer. Melee characters seem to do better with much lower +skills. Example .. I know a barb with slvl21 has soloed him three times only using an upgraded Butcher's Pupil, the rest of the equipment was fairly mediocre as well.

I think if one is going to use Blizzard to kill the DC then having the most +skills you can slap on her will make it much more doable.

If you're gonna make a barb then party up with others, it's much more fun.

13. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Poison does not negate heal rate from monsters. If your poison damage per frame isn't high enough, a monster can still regenerate (plenty of people have reported DClone healing while he was poisoned). Prevent Monster Heal and Open Wounds do stop monster regeneration completely though. Note that poison effectiveness thus goes up while a monster is under PMH or OW.

14. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

You probably mean the clone, I assume...since my Bonemancer/Summons Hybrid owns Baal quite easily with 10/10 RS/SM...roughly 19/21 with +skills.

Poison would be the other way to keep the Clone's points down, but given the synergy investments needed to make PN effective, and the +skills you need to get your summons up to par to be able to stand against the Dclone...

I'm thinking I'm gonna make the Conc barb...as from what i'm hearing on the Barb forums...they can go toe to toe with the Dclone and take it down in a few short minutes. No mercs...no minions required.

Next time Dclone manifests, I'll give Blizzie a shot...if it's a no go, I'll at least have a char I know for sure can take him down.

Question though...since we've mentioned PMH already...just how long does the duration of PMH last? Is it shorter vs Boss type monsters? Anyone know?

-X

15. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Solo genarally means alone and no merc. It can be done with Blizz but takes a bit of run and gun and is not too efficient. The reason why most Necs and Hammer Pali's take the clone down is he has no resistance to pure magic, but 95 to all including phys. Bone necro just prison, decripify, clay golem, spear or spirit etc etc. Hammer Pali just stand in front and hammer away.., takes my Pali about 1 minute if I get proper hammer positioning(about 2 o'clock) Good luck :)

16. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

uh poison stop monster regen entirely during the poison duration. Doesn't matter if it's 1 poison dmg or 100000 dmg.

17. billyphil

billyphil IncGamers Member

What is/where do you find dclone?

18. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Hmmm? :scratch: Interesting, has anyone tried DC with a 25 poison over 5 sec charm as the only option to prevent his healing and see how it does?

I would speculate, with that charm and DC regeneration, let's guess 100 points within 5 secs, that he will still gain in health.

19. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I've read somewhere on these forums that PMH doesn't work when its equipped on your mercenary and it doesn't work by you hitting him, it works by you remaining within a certain radius from the monster. Once you go back to town it resets and he can heal away.

20. xib

xib IncGamers Member

lol i use blackhorns on my merc, and i can tell you from experience, after my merc hits him, he cannot regenerate past that point anymore.

i dont know if its blackhorns or what, i use it for the lightning absorb on my merc and shaft and ariocs needle.

the first time i fought him i didnt know what i was doing, i died alot.

i ran out of money, switched characters, dropped a mil on the ground, switched back, picked it up, bought potions and my merc and went back.

you know what.

d-clone was still at half life.

thats when it hit me, 'this is the trick'

believe what you want, next time he spawns ill do it the same way and own him again.

im just trying to clarify how to do it effectivly and how it works.

if you think im lying to waste my time and your time well then go on with your bad self, you obviously dont even need to be reading this at all, period. :grrr:

for the rest of you people with an open mind, this works, im telling you how ive done it twice in a row succesfully.

it may be blackhorns 'prevent monster heal' is bugged or its effect is different somehow, im not sure, but when my merc hits him, he cannot regenerate past that point again, ever.

yes my merc does die sometimes, but the second time i never died, and the fight did not take long at all in comparion to my first go round.