Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzcon Virtual Ticket

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by palwe, Sep 5, 2010.

1. palwe

palwe Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzcon Virtual Ticket

Hi,

I am considering paying for the Virtual Ticket to Blizzcon and wondered if it was a worthwhile investment or if I am potentially wasting my money.

I am only interested in all things Diablo 3 at the event, and wondered if this content alone would justify paying £25. Additionally, I wonder will this content be available free elsewhere (to an extent), or alternatively will regular updates be provided on the news here, including readily accessible video footage of the game and interviews with management and developers that can similarly be found on youtube at the moment (of previous Blizzcon events).

If i do decide to purchase a ticket, would there be a schedule of events and what time/channel they will be available on so that I dont have to sit through all 50 hours to ensure I dont miss diablo 3 related content?

Any advice is welcome, Thanks

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Blizzcon Virtual Ticket

wow you have great timing. i was thinking about making this topic as i was also thinking of getting the virtual ticket. i was also wondering about the schedule of events. the event is on a friday and saturday and i work fridays so i was wondering what time the feed would be active so i didnt miss anything. also a schedule of events would be nice so you could tune in for the stuff you wanted to see.

as for its worth? really up to the individual. everything that happens there will be available online shortly after so really it is a matter of how fast you want the info or maybe if you want it first hand. some of the show will be online for free and maybe thats all you care to see. personally i will order it just cause i wanna see it knowing full well that i could just wait a day and get all the info then. if you play wow at all the ingame pet alone is probably worth the price, assuming you are a pet collector

3. palwe

palwe Diabloii.Net Member

well i live in the UK so would also be very keen to know when its scheduled to start. I assume that they are behind the UK by a number of hours so that would probably mean if the event started at 1pm i would be able to view it all if i wished, regardless of work commitments.

the schedule (like a tv program listing) would be very useful (available in local time) too.

4. Apocalypse

yeah i am east coast so i know i have 3 extra hours to work with. if i had a schedule i could work around it so i leave early friday and catch it all. no point in getting it unless you plan to view it all

5. Risingred

Risingred Diabloii.Net Member

You can record it via the DVR function. I got it but yeah there will be quickly-updated info from blizzcon on this site and others.

6. Apocalypse

oh it has a dvr with it? you happen to know how long it lasts for or does it save to your pc for viewing anytime?

7. Risingred

I asked but haven't gotten a reply yet. : /
    I have no idea how it works but I'm depending on it working.

8. Apocalypse

thanks, i have not ordered it yet but am planning on it, this just helps

9. Risingred

Well, all the site says is "Enhanced video on demand and DVR functionality". I have tried to contact Blizzard but haven't gotten a response yet. It's been a while. : /

10. Larik

Larik Diabloii.Net Member

hi palwe. if i recall the timing of events from last year most of them took place between about 10am-3pm pacific time. the UK i believe is 8 hours ahead of us west coasters here so you're looking at about 6pm-9pm your time. hope that helps.

11. themeros

themeros Diabloii.Net Member

I'm also still waiting for a confirmation on this info so I can purchase my ticket... or not :x

I tried on the forums and twitter but got no reply either.

12. adivirgi

adivirgi Diabloii.Net Member

Someone on the blizzard forums told me that you have 1 week to view the content. this was not said by a blizzard employee so i don't know if that is true 100% but i wanted to let you guys know what i heard anyways

13. Wolfpaq777

Wolfpaq777 Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet that any information you can glean with the live feed will be almost immediately posted on fan sites such as this one, diablo source & diablo fans. I'd recommend saving your money. With smart phones, 3g, & wifi I'm sure all the most important information will be online within literally seconds of the announcement.

The only way I'd pay for the stream is if it came with a copy of the playable demo that everyone at Blizzcon is going to be playing, which is actually a brilliant idea :: pats self on back ::