Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzcon info

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by darkrealm, Nov 7, 2014.

1. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

Off-Stage info:
    • New Armor Sets: (from playable demo)
      • Barbarian: Whirwind and Rend - Triple Rend damage and duration, Whirlwind deals triple damage to targets affected by Rend.
      • Demon Hunter: Multishot - 6 Piece Set: Gain 2 Discipline from Generators, Fires 2 Rockets each Multishot.
      • Wizard: Slow Time - Enemies in Slow Time take 1250% weapon damage per second. Energy Twister, Magic Missiles and Frozen Orb deal bonus damage to enemies in Slow Time. Slow Time cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds when casting spells.
    • New area: Sesheron (old Barbarian capital, now snowy ruins) along with new monster types. (from playable demo)
    • New Rift Guardian: Rat King. (from playable demo)
    • New types of Treasure Goblins, some of which drop Blood Shards, others gems and others again drop crafting materials and plans. (from playable demo)
    • Changes to Sunwuko set to be less spammy but not obviously weaker. (from playable demo)
    • Blizzard just announced a new IP called Overwatch, a team-based FPS with different characters and possible RPG elements.

Gantie likes this.
  2. darkrealm

HAHA- monks should just reroll. Seriously???

3. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Wizard set looks interesting synergized with the helm and bracers. Looks like mirrorball and gesture of Orpheus might make a comeback?

4. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

I'd agree if the set worked with anything but the three worst Wizard skills in game. Even letting it work with all signature spells (electrocute) would be a massive improvement.

5. darkrealm

I am pretty sure it is going to get used with FO.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  6. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

I didn't pay for the stream this year so I'm not sure, but I'll ask here. None of the fan sites have mentioned Blizzard saying anything about class balance / build diversity. Has that come up at all?

I mean...artifact legs are kinda interesting but not if everything (for wizards for example) is fire or GTFO... Yes a few new sets but that doesn't fully address the issue.

7. darkrealm

It seems to me they are going to try and solve some build diversity with new sets. WW/Rend for Barbs, Slow time/FO for Wiz, Multishot DH. Without seeing this first hand I can't really comment on the effectiveness. But, from everything I have heard the DH was the most interesting.

8. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

No comment on even unnerfing FO though. Because apparently decent T3 performance is not acceptable.

tougeznut likes this.
  9. Yoo

Yoo IncGamers Member

Pretty sad about Diablo 3 at Blizzcon... I was sort of breaking, mixing in some hearthstone until Blizzcon. I was hoping for some exciting news. Instead of excitement I feel disappointed and worry about the direction of the game.

Steven Hazani likes this.
  10. darkrealm

Why is that sir?

There are some things that encouraged me, like the new sets, but other things left unanswered. They added a new tile set, but one can only hope it doesn't lag like their last addition. The season only items suck balls IMO, but that WW ring..I am not sure if that is season only. If so, I might have to make a barb just for that purpose. Otherwise, I can do without seasons this go around.

11. Yoo

Yoo IncGamers Member

I was just hoping to hear of some more variety to gameplay, either more reason to do other acts/modes or new game modes. Its possible I just need to switch back to sc, I dunno, losing a unity (or templar token) could be some hundred hours lost. I don't feel I can spend that much time or I just am not motivated to do it enough.

Also I'm concerned the ancient legendaries will break the reward loop pretty badly, and just make even worse storage issues. They said they won't do anything for that and it's a strike against hc again :(

12. darkrealm

So I look at the ancient legs as circumstance of RNG. It might happen and if it does then great. If not, cool.

HC is one of those anomalies. Sadly, they (Blizzard) does nothing to cater to HC. The second life passives are as good as it gets I think. I always keep a SC toon just for the sole purpose of not caring. Sad? More of less HC loss is going to happen. So when I don't want to care I hop on my SC toon for lawls. I die purposefully and play with complete recklessness. LOL

At any rate, I do hope you come back to play. We need more good players like yourself to stick around!!