Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzcon better be worth it for Diablo fans

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by ThomasJ, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

Blizzcon better be worth it for Diablo fans

Since the announcement of the Monk class there are litereally been next to nothing to be excited about Diablo 3. I just can't believe that Blizzard would make us wait all this time just for the announcement for the 5th class. There has to be more to it than just that. Possibly some improved art direction or perhaps some new game play ? I don't know but it will be disappointing if Blizzcon is only all about the 5th class.

2. Leugi

Leugi IncGamers Member

Re: Blizzcon better be worth it for Diablo fans

Indeed... I do hope there are more things at this Blizzcon... Mainly since the 5th is probably going to be a ranger kind of class which is almost never the class I like...

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

Bashiok keeps saying we'll get cool d3 info. So it must be true!

On a more general heading, we've been talking amongst ourselves about what big announcements the show might bring. Obviously D3 should have some stuffs; 5th char, new area, new skilltrees and 30ish monk skills, etc. But what about the other games?

WoW has an expansion coming, and it should be into beta testing by then, but haven't they pretty much told everything cool about that expansion already? And if they haven't, won't people have seen it in the beta?

As for SC2, the game's coming out July 27th, and Blizzcon's Oct 22-23. That's less than 3 months later; will they really be announcing a bunch of new SC2 expansion stuff so soon after the launch? I guess so, since what else have they got? They announced that there would be 2 SC2 expansions years ago, with the SP missions spread across all 3 of them, so just the existence of the expansion(s) won't be news. What can they announce, then? Tease new units or something?

I'm sure WoW and SC2 fans will be pleased with whatever they learn, but speaking as an impartial observer who plays neither game, the timing of Blizzcon seems wrong for any big news or announcements. Which is probably a good thing, since it means more of the show's attention will be on D3?

4. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

my opinion is this years Blizzcon will be D3 heavy. the 5th class of course being the major news i expect much more info than just that.

5. Exile

Exile IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think it's time that Blizz made "the sale" on Diablo 3. Short of some cool characters and a new 3d update, there really isn't anything that truly sets it apart from D2 in my mind (and 10 years later to boot!).

I love diablo, but I think it's time we start hearing about the features... namely the multiplayer features beyond just playing with 8 (now 4) people, that are going to keep us coming back.

We can almost guarantee the official announcement of the Zerg campaign. Also there is an unannounced MMO... and there is also some job openings on the site for an unannounced project (both the MMO and project are separate categories)

I feel like WoW has been played out in terms of announcements. Cata will be on its way, so if they announced another WoW expansion, it would probably be "WoW: The quest for more Investors." :scratchchin:

More importantly for me, I want to see features that make d3 a esport.

6. Apocalypse

one thing i am missing this time around is the character planning. far too early to be able to do it but it seems like we will never have enough info to preplan like we could for D2. was always interesting to me to see how my different planned characters turned out

7. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

8. Flux

Flux Administrator

This comes up in the news all the time, and Bashiok always says there are a lot of cool new features that it's not yet time to show us. and ooh look, skill runes!

I am encouraged by how they're covering SC2 now, and how past WoW expansions have been covered. I didn't follow those games closely enough to see how the info was revealed over time, but as the games drew near release, the info releases increased constantly, they had regular developer Q&As, they give more interviews, they have more website features, etc. There's no reason to think we won't get that with D3... it'll just be unknown months yet until it begins. :(

9. Rawrior

Rawrior IncGamers Member

I'd just like to point out WoW cata beta has already started, it's in closed beta and I'm playing in it.

It will most likely be out BEFORE blizzcon.

10. elganame

elganame IncGamers Member

Blizzcon will have a lot of info so we can jerk off two more years, but the truth is...we wanna fu*k it right nowww!!!!! :crazyeyes:

Sorry im being rude!

Im just a little tired of having info and watching over and over again the same gameplay videos like i would play it...there is not even one good game out there and the onlyone good loking is taking a lifetime to get done.
    I know i know, they are taking time so its awesome and hyper playable and stufff....hope the fun playing it will balance my grade of boreness.

11. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Well those who are fed up of waiting, go find other games then.

Wait, I forgot D3 is the one and only ARPG that's making everyone excited AND probably the only one waiting to be released in the market now :rolleyes:

I'm expecting this section to be flooded with opinions and new topics when the next Blizzcon comes, can't wait!

Patience is virtue my friend.

Besides, it's is the only thing you've got :jig:

12. Apocalypse

i think if someone wants to play only ARPG games then the problem lies with them. i have not played a ARPG for awhile but many other great games are out there to play and have fun with

13. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

Finding other games to play isn't the answer and yet it is not a problem either. I'll be getting my CE copy of SC2 Thursday or Friday. Some of us are just disappointed with lack of info on the game. We waited this long with really no info and I am positive others can wait another 3 more months til Blizzcon. It is just disappointing at the moment.

14. Vodnik

Vodnik Banned

Meh. I haven't been excited for Diablo 3 news since the first gameplay video of the Barbarian/Witch Doctor. Since then, it has all went down hill.

I mean, really, our wait for Diablo 3 has lasted longer than both World Wars combined, and it still isn't out yet.

We'll probably just get more rainbows and a Rogue who shoots flaming arrows out of her snatch.

15. Apocalypse

i agree the lack of info really sucks but is honestly to be expected right now. the focus is and should be on SC2 so it would make no sense for them to hype one game while another is just going on sale. however like i said i also hate it and the 3 month wait does not help the situation

16. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

I think the the unnanounced MMO will be announced, and I think itll be exciting. I expect D3 to be the main event, WOW and SC2 exp getting 2nd acts and the unannounced MMO being the surprise of the show...or MAYBE a D3 release date...

17. Vodnik

Vodnik Banned

There is absolutely no way Blizzard would announce a release date before Beta even begins.

Their new age MMO will more than likely not be announced until the next Blizzcon, assuming the main focus this year in on Diablo 3.

18. Flux

Flux Administrator

from what Bashiok said today, it seems like they might be sending a playable build to Gamescom in late August. There's no way they'd just send last year's build again; it's totally obsolete. And it seems lame to send a build of an area we've seen before.So at the very least we should get new screenshots, concept art, and player reports/ninja videos of a new area and new monsters and hopefully a bunch of new Monk skills... fairly soon?

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-demo-gamescom/

19. Doppel

Doppel Banned

I'm expecting to see the same old topics and opinions because that's what we're getting for years now, the same old bull****. Announcing the Ranger in a lulzy or epic way or whatever won't make up for it, "only ARPG" or not. And man, where the **** are those "excited" people you are talking about? Seriously, people were more excited about D3 WAY BEFORE IT WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED! Its kind of embarrassing to be honest.

20. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Please keep the swearing off the boards.