Blizzcon 2016 Tracking and Discussion Thread

Rushster

Administrator
There have been so many different takes on what might happen. At this stage I have no idea. However, I do hope they don't announce anything for Diablo 3. For me it's a done deal.

A D2 remake would be more welcome or something completely new in the Diablo universe. Not a damn game with cards though, that would be tragic.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Yes a card game would be tragic. That's a good word for it. I am also done with D3. I can take it or leave it. World of Diablo (MMORPG) would also be tragic, especially if it is pay to play. Only D4 would satisfy me at this point, really. A D2 remake similar to the Skyrim remake would also be fun for a while but not as satisfying as D4.

Rushster

Administrator
I am just not sure about D4. After D3 when Blizzard ignored all the criticism over the game mechanics such as skills and then the RMAH, I am just not convinced they really know what would make a great Diablo any more. An MMO, well I'm not keen on that either,

In the name of Zod

Diabloii.Net Member
Pretty much my view as Rushster. Copy/Paste. Then there's the starcraft II mod of Diablo 2. I'd probably play it if I owned SC2, anyone here tried it recently. I can see them eyeing it off as a potential earner for them, that would be interesting news.

Last edited:

Dacar92

I played Starcraft for a couple hours way back in the day. Never got into it but that mod sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Mortalo

Diabloii.Net Member
Only Diablo 4. I love D2, I played it, I play it and I will play it. But I want something new. New and better. That won't backtrack from what D3 wanted to do, but will go forward and explore new territories.
I believe that they won't even think about making it a MMO.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
D4 or D2 HD remake please. Or both obviously :).

I expect a patch for D2 when the ladder resets in a few weeks time. I also still expect a content patch for D2 at some point, hopefully it will be the next patch, although I wouldn't bet my money on it. Not sure if they will actually do a HD remake.

Diablo 4 would have me really excited, and it could work. I agree with @Mortalo : they won't make the same mistakes as they have made in the past, but will move on and improve instead. That's what they did ever since the change of the guard and the expansion, and I think they did an amazing job with that, considering it's impossible to change the core of the game.

So yeah, hopeful, although I wouldn't be surprised if nothing major is announced at Blizzcon in the end ...

fsj

Diabloii.Net Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5ahk4o/necromancer_concept_art_leak/

This came up overnight on reddit. Click through to find the link to the artwork. It was taken from Blizzard's website (then swiftly taken down). Necro artwork by John Mueller, the Diablo art director.

Just a random old piece of art someone found while digging through Blizzard's site, or dare we suggest we may be getting a necromancer in a new expansion?

I would suggest, due to the female and male variants of the necromancer in the piece, that there is a strong chance this was at least originally considered for a D3 expansion.

Only a few more days until we find out I guess!

Dacar92

Yes interesting. LooKing forward to Blizzcon to find out more.

In the name of Zod

Diabloii.Net Member
The news made me smile for various reasons Dacar92. On TDoT, atm it seems laughable but then it all comes down to implementation but still seriously underwhelmed by that news. Zones don't care about, its always just a retexturing of existing map designs and models. Then there's the Necro, good for people still playing basically. Can't see myself re-installing D3 on my PC to play it, happy still playing L4D2 actually. Anyhow, you guys have fun. I'll just watch and see what comes of it.

What's your view?

HFDOH

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been in the Diablo world for 20 years and would also desire a new exp package, a new diablo 4 and more stashes, AH back with diablo gold, other desirable PvP if Bliz should meet everyone's wishes they should hire tons of staff.
In addition, they must also satisfy all the players in other games they've made. Its so easy to complain,they cant satisfied everyone, if dudes really hate this game so much, stop playing. I know a lot will disagree with me but I dont care.