Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzcon 2015 Media Invites... Diablo III!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

[​IMG]

Blizzard just sent out a wave of Blizzcon 2015 media invites, and I was happy to see one pop up in my inbox. And happier to see some mention of Diablo III on the show features. Nothing in the email said it was to be kept private and there aren't any secrets revealed, so I guess it's cool to share some excerpts with you guys. (If I'm wrong and a Blue objects, I'll have to take the post down, so read fast.)

Here's the title image for the mail, with a selection of characters from various Blizzard titles. It seems skewed towards Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone, but still...

[​IMG]

I hesitate to make any predictions after our completely misguided attempts to divine significance from the lack of Diablo content in the Gamescom 2015 promo images, but you'll note a lack of Diablo figures from the actual game of Diablo. (Commenters argue the female Crusader is from D3, not the HotS version. Could be, though the D3 female Crusader has much shorter hair and not the emo makeup.)

Of course if they're going to reveal D3X2 at the show, they obviously wouldn't give it away here. There wasn't any sign of Malthael in Gamescom 2013 promotional pics, after all.

Click through for another portion of the email, listing what media attendees might see at this year's show...

[​IMG]

Look, Diablo 3 got a mention! Admittedly, it's not exactly top-billing (literally or figuratively) but again, if they want to keep a Diablo announcement a surprise, they'd do it just like this.

What do you guys think? That they're inviting Diabloii.net as media is a good sign for there being some Diablo content, but then again, we said that last year before Blizzcon. Does the list of games at the show and lack of Diablo in the banner image make you expect, or doubt, we'll see D3X2, or other new/cool stuff?

Blizzcon 2015 Media Invites... Diablo III!
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Elly

Elly Administrator

Where's Nobbie?

3. Elly

Elly Administrator

Where's Nobbie?

4. Tigerpaw

Tigerpaw IncGamers Member

That's definitely the female Crusader from D3, not Johanna (from HotS), so chalk that one up as a prominent Diablo reference. Other than the WoW description, all of the games listed got rather nondescript mentions with no specific content. Assuming there will be a second expansion, it wouldn't make any sense to not announce it at Blizzcon. I think we'll get more Diablo info than expected...the devs have not been shy about introducing major game changing elements through the latest string of patches, so I'd expect some real interesting stuff coming in D3X2.

5. DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave IncGamers Member

Congrats on getting the invite Flux :)

6. DaveTheBrave

You gotta admire Blizzard - they can hold plans close to their chest even better than Apple can. (Not a total fair analogy since they don't have a supply chain like Apple, but still.)

7. DaveTheBrave

You gotta admire Blizzard - they can hold plans close to their chest even better than Apple can. (Not a total fair analogy since they don't have a supply chain like Apple, but still.)

8. DaveTheBrave

9. Cipherthros

Cipherthros IncGamers Member

I. WANT. TO. BELIEVE.

10. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Well, I think the Incgamers invite speaks for itself? ^^ -- Regarding the BlizzCon banner & wording: I think they've just been careful here NOT to say something like "Discover the future of Diablo III" because everyone would know that a big announcement is coming for Diablo 3. Also, note that the "demonic" (corrupted?) looking crusader is the only hero on that banner image who is in the front and not half-hidden by anything else in the picture. Illidan is far in the back (WOWX6 has just been annnounced), and every other hero except the crusader is half-hidden by either another hero or the BlizzCon banner. I don't know if that hero placement deliberate, but it could be. ^^

11. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

I want to add that Wyatt Cheng was in a very good mood during the latest D3 live stream, just as he's looking forward to BlizzCon and reveal all the new stuff. ^^

12. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

I've already said my piece on d3x2 so I'll just say grats on the invite and I hope there's some nice info for the future of D3.

13. Flux

Flux Administrator

The red and black one seems to be a Protoss, from SC2. They've got those wrist gauntlet light saber weapons, anyway.

14. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Diabloii.net is to Diablo what the Mamytwink fansite is to WoW, so be prepared for big Diablo news! ^^

15. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

great now i have to search the site just to read what you think about d3x2

16. Mackan

Mackan IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 expansion + letting everyone know that the work on Diablo 4 has started? A Diablo 4 where they return to the roots?

After all, starting over with Diablo 4 is the only chance to correct and change so many of Diablo 3's failed game mechanics. I assume that is what caused Wyatt's good mood?

Or maybe I am totally wrong? Oh man.

17. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Well, imo the future of Diablo lies in a redesign as Action MMO along the lines of the upcoming Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance. I think it's not a matter if but when that happens. Given Blizzard's game history so far, this may well take 3-4 years to develop, and in the meantime they release more expansions for Diablo 3. It's not unusual for Blizzard to announce major franchise developments years in advance, so yeah, maybe we get D3X2 and Diablo 4 news at BlizzCon this year. ^^

18. Velatak

Velatak IncGamers Member

I agree with nobbie...It s corrupt female cruseder on the BlizzCon banner. Look at this video https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeahuctihxI&list=PLs-S5B51VwwUoVCz06_NC47oBkXD02Idn&index=4

19. Velatak

Velatak IncGamers Member

https://youtu.be/MeahuctihxI?t=1m6s

20. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

Woo D3 stuff. :D

Think D3X2 is certain to be announced now...however the hopes that D4 is being worked on I think are a bit...pipe dream-y.

They wouldn't overshadow D3X2 with news of D4 and immediately deflate the hype over the xpac.

I do think we will see a D4 in the future though, just not this soon.

21. T2000

T2000 IncGamers Member

I didn't expect Diablo IV announcement 2-3 years from now.