Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Spoiler] Blizzcon 2013, What I saw and my experiences....Moo

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Pheniex, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Pheniex

Pheniex IncGamers Member

I wanted to say thank you again diablo.incgamers for the tickets. I had a a blast at my first Blizzcon. I just wanted to share my experiences I had with RoS demo at Blizzcon. I will try not to mention what has already been said and forgive me if it has been before.

First off I have played D1 and D2. The Diablo franchise have always been my favorite Blizzard games. So my whole time at Blizzcon I knew 99% would be on the D3 RoS side. I played a lot of the RoS demo. In fact its the only game I played at Blizzcon. Blizzards new games Heroes of the Storm and HearthStone were very popular at Blizzcon but those games do no interest me.

I was surpised that I did not have to wait more then 1 min or even no wait to play the pc demos. In fact I noticed that the PS4 was more popular and had longer wait times then the pc side. That might have been because you could play co-op on the PS4 and there were not as many PS4's then pc's? Did anyone else notice that who was there?

So on the PC side there were 2 modes. Story/Campaign mode and Adventure Mode. I want to talk about adventure mode and what I saw. All of you know what Adventure is mode but I want to know if anyone else experienced what I saw who played it. This might be a Spoiler for some so do not read this if you do not want to know. So as I was doing a Nephalem Rift I ran into some familiar "monsters" Those who played it know that every Nephalem Rift has random monster from any act in them. So you can get some crazy combinations. I'm not trolling and if someone else posted about this im sorry and I did not see it, but in one of my Nepalem Rifts I was in Act 4 and was fighting Cows.... A Cow elite pack and then eventually killed a purple named cow called the "Cow Princess".

They were called different names in the game but they were cows just like from D2. Why would Blizzard put them in the demo if its sup post to be a secret? Did anyone who played it experiences this? I probably played a dozen Nephalem Rifts and they only spawned once for me. I know from data minding that we knew cows were in the game but I did not think they would put them in the demo so we could see them in the actually game play. Pretty cool I got to play and see that.

One another thing experienced was in bounties. My goal was to do all the bounties before the demo time ran out. I think it was only 20 mins or something? Anyway I used the Crusader and used the flame horse and healing passive skill to move fast through the game to complete the 5 bounties before the time ran out. I thought if I complete them I would get one of those sweet legendary's they had as rewards. Which had amazing stats on them btw. So I skipped a bunch of mobs and rushed to just kill the one monster it wanted you to kill. I got all 5 with plenty of time left and was excited to get a reward. So I clicked on bag with the question mark thinking I was going to get one of the legendary's and nothing happened. So I asked one of the guys in the blue shirts working there, how come I don't get a reward for completing the bounties, and this is what he told me....

I do not know if this is true but this is what he said. He said that its disabled in the demo but what is sup post to happen is you get a bag of loot after you complete the bounties. It just sits in your stash. You open it and loot falls on the ground for you. That loot bag has a chance to drop one of those legendary's that were pictured as possible rewards. He also said you can keep doing bounties and fill your inventory with these loot bags.

Like I said I do not know how true that is? That is what he told me. From my understanding they are still deciding on rewards for bounties so I do not know where he came up with that but maybe thats what they are testing at the moment? Who knows but I just wanted to pass that along.

Those are just a few things that happened to my me while playing the demo that I wanted to share.

2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Thanks for the write up.

3. Nykalia

Nykalia IncGamers Member

Nice to read all these reports popping up here and there! Thanks for the read

4. priest

priest IncGamers Member

some new info, thanks a lot!

5. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I
    AM
    EXCITE

God damnit

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

Hey, good report.

On bounties: If you did all five in an act you returned to town to talk to Tyrael and got a special reward. It seemed to be buggy since as you said, it didn't always work. I did all five in an act twice, and one time it did work for me. The reward was 3 "items": a Nephalem Rift Key (took my Inv stack up to 11), 15 of a crafting mat, and a random rare item. I heard other players say they'd gotten legendaries for the reward, and others say it was bugged and they'd gotten nothing.

I did a lot of play as Pheniex describes; using the Tempest Horse and the Law of Hope that gave a speed buff to rush through the levels just hunting the bounty monster. It was hugely profitable.

I did 3 or 4 bounties per act, all the quick ones (mostly random purples in small areas for fast searching), and I was easily able to finish 12-15 bounties per 20m game. The level up rate from that was crazy from the exp awards. They were around 20k gold and 50k exp per bounty at level 33, and in my fastest game I leveled from 33 to 36. That's in under 20m, on a char with zero +exp gear, poor all around gear, no faster run equipment, in a single player game, on the equivalent of MP0. Probably 90% of the exp came from the Bounty rewards, and I found 4 legendaries and almost filled my INV with legs and rares in that time.

I talked to several of the d3 devs about the insane profits of AM and they just grinned and shrugged. Seems working as intended.

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

BTW, I also saw the cows and the cow princess. Not in my own game, but Neinball got them Sat night while playing on the machine beside me, after I sneaked him in the rear of the play area claiming he was press also. They were udderly amazing.

8. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Obvious conclusion is that you probably just have a small chance of getting that legendary is all. Would be crazy to be farming those things in 20 minute time frame. But still, that sounds like a fun thing to do, having goals and all that.

9. Pheniex

Pheniex IncGamers Member

Thanks Flux,
    Thats cool it worked for you. I did talk to Tyrael but got nothing. I found 2 legendary's in that game as well. A Cinder Coat and a ring with decent stats on it. I hope it is working as intended. Not sure where that guy was going when telling me about the loot bags but it seemed like a cool idea. Being a Hardcore player I worry about some of those random monster that spawn in the rifts. Going to make things very intense in some games when you get fallen maniacs a elite pack and a boss attacking you with no life steal....

10. Pheniex

Pheniex IncGamers Member

I'm glad you got to see the cows. I wish they would have mooed all the time like D2. I agree it was udderly amazing.

11. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Wait, the cows didn't go "Moo...MOO MOO, moo"?

DROPPED

j/k but I hope they implement that sound for the final game.