Blizzcon 2011 Diablo Merchandise

Neinball

<a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<
Blizzcon 2011 Diablo Merchandise

The pre-sale started for the Blizzcon store today and just wanted to share with you all the Diablo related merchandise.

Gallery Link

The most interesting one is this:

Key Art - $15

"Featuring the BlizzCon 2011 artwork by Glenn Rane from Diablo® III
This year's Key Art is TOP SECRET until the Opening Ceremonies at BlizzCon."

The Key Art for all the franchises are being handled in a similar matter.

Rest of the photos are in the spoilers tag to condense the post. There are no spoilers.

D3 Calender - $14

Blizzard Mug Collection - Skeleton King - $22

Diablo Poster - $15

Tyrael Poster - $15

D3 Rainbow Shirt - $22

D3 Towel - $29

Diablrgl - $16

There are other things included in the store but it's stuff we've seen before from previous years so I didn't bother including it.

Last edited:

Flux

Administrator
Re: Blizzcon 2011 Diablo Merchandise

Nice post. This bit is intriguing.

Featuring the BlizzCon 2011 artwork by Glenn Rane from Diablo® III
This year's Key Art is TOP SECRET until the Opening Ceremonies at BlizzCon.
So Glenn Rane did the official d3 box art, which they'll reveal at Blizzcon? I can't see any other likely interpretation of this.

Verity

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice post. This bit is intriguing.

So Glenn Rane did the official d3 box art, which they'll reveal at Blizzcon? I can't see any other likely interpretation of this.

Hm, yeah could be. Don't have to though
There's also a shirt

BlizzCon 2011 Key Art Shirt - Mens

The official souvenir t-shirt of BlizzCon 2011 featuring this year's exclusive art depicting images from Diablo III®, StarCraft II®, and World of Warcraft®. Artwork by Glenn Rane.
This year's Key Art is TOP SECRET until the Opening Ceremonies at BlizzCon.

Also featuring top secret "Key Art" by Glenn Rane but from all their franchises. Could just be some Blizzcon exclusive new art made for this merchandise stuff.

Or, it's a WoW shirt with some revealing art and the D3 is indeed box art. Who knows..

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Can anyone make out what the text is on the tyrael poster?

theeliminator

Diabloii.Net Member

I am going to get the raindbow shirt and the key art one. That way I have two new shirts to wear for the show.

Neinball

I updated the post with prices.

Can anyone make out what the text is on the tyrael poster?
I've been trying to make it out for the better part of the day but no luck. That's the biggest size from the store, so no better image yet sadly.

Edit: Computer at home has a little better photo viewer then the one at work. The top looks almost like "Hope Returns..." still no idea on the bottom.

Flux

Administrator

I updated the post with prices.
Thanks. Also, JFC! $22 for a coffee mug with an image on the outside? Plus S&H? Pity about the prices, since I do want that beach towel.

No idea why; I've moved from San Diego to San Francisco to Portland over the past decade, getting steadily farther and farther away from beach locations or weather.And I didn't like going to the beach even when I lived in SoCal.

Update: Actually, $29 for a towel isn't that grotesquely overpriced. Just looking at the most popular on Amazon and they're generally around $20, but some do go up to and over $30. I'd never pay it, but then again... I'm poor.

The coffee mug though, is crazy expensive. I don't see a single other object for drinking coffee out of that's over $15 on Amazon, including ones with far more complicated designs. You could actually make your own diablo 3 mugs via cafepress.com for less than $22, and you're not getting anything like the quantity discount Bliz is.

Neinball

Well the coffee mug is $22 for the full set of 4, you can't buy them individually.

Flux

Administrator

Well the coffee mug is $22 for the full set of 4, you can't buy them individually.
Ahh, well that's not so bad, then. An odd item set, though. 4 items for the same equipment slot?

Neinball

Yeah, I don't really why you'd need 4 mugs. And even if you were buying them for the family everyone would want the Skeleton King and no would want Jerky McJerkface (that Alliance guy whatever his name is.)

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

It says what the previous calender said, "Hope remains (top) within the hearts of men (bottom)."
Ah, I see. I didn't really go reading any of the calendars.
Shame they had to smear their logo feces all over the poster, though.

Pandaoverlord

Diabloii.Net Member

I am so excite! I have always wanted one of those shirts and now I can have my very special "My Little Diablo" T-Shirt! :D

Scorch Hellfire

Diabloii.Net Member

Interesting... I would've thought the key art poster was just the art that they are already using at the top of the blizzcon page with thrall, diablo, and zerglocks kerrigan... that is what they have done in past years anyway...

TheMythe

Diablo: IncGamers Member

Yeah, I don't really why you'd need 4 mugs. And even if you were buying them for the family everyone would want the Skeleton King and no would want Jerky McJerkface (that Alliance guy whatever his name is.)
Maybe another way of subtly enforcing co-op play ;)

ShadoutMapes

Diabloii.Net Member

Screw you Blizzard :(
Why are they only selling these things from their US shop. That is pretty ridiculous. $33 shipping for even a $22 order.

I'm trying to give you my money Blizzard. Why don't you want them! :/