Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzcon 2010 Panels & Schedule

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by popez, Oct 5, 2010.

1. popez

popez Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzcon 2010 Panels & Schedule

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzcon-2010-schedule/

Diablo III Gameplay
    Friday 12pm, Main Stage
    What’s in store next for the heroes of Sanctuary? Learn about the latest game developments in this don’t-miss panel for Diablo players.

Diablo III: Crafting Sanctuary
    Saturday 10:30am, Developer Panel Stage
    The designers, artists, programmers, and writers share new information on the characters, creatures, game systems, and story of Diablo III.

Diablo III Open Q&A
    Saturday 3pm, Main Stage
    Got a burning question about the Burning Hells? The development team dedicates an hour to audience questions about the story, design, art, sound, and gameplay of Diablo III.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  2. Ninyu

Ninyu Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Blizzcon 2010 Panels & Schedule

So the Diablo III related panels are:

Oct 22 12pm-1pm: Diablo III Gameplay
    Oct 23 10:30am-11:30am: Crafting Sanctuary
    Oct 23 3pm-4pm: Open Q&A

Only 17 days until the onslaught of new info!! Woohoo!

3. sicilian

sicilian Diabloii.Net Member

Is it just me of does the breakdown of:

WoW = 7 panels
    SC2 = 7 panels
    D3 = 3 panels

Not sound like "The most D3 info given out at an event" like Jay Wilson said. I'm sure they'll pack a bunch of info into the Gameplay panel, but that's an hour to show it all off. They had 30 minutes dedicated to releasing the Artison's info, and if we only get twice that amount of info I'll be disappointed.

I'm probably just in a foul mood today, so if I'm missing something please slap me :)

4. Mackan

Mackan Diabloii.Net Member

Let me slumber, and when I wake up, BlizzCon is here.

5. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

There part where players and journalists have access to 2 days worth of latest build of Diablo 3 and will happily share all the new info and impressions, opening up precious time for the panels to spend on a few specific things the team might want to specifically address or some new things not in the current build to preview.

6. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Won't there be live coverage or do you have to pay for that?

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

I have to say I'm fairly disappointed; only 2 diablo 3 panels!? There are 5 for SC2 and 6 for WoW, plus a cinematic panel for both of those games. And this is the best/biggest d3 Blizzcon ever? I'm sure we'll get great info from the playable demo, and interviews and stuff, but the panel coverage is teh sux.

“But there’s a D3 open Q&A,” you say? Given how those went the last 2 years, I’d recommend avoiding it unless you’re dying to know why the necromancer isn’t in Diablo 3. The quality of questions, and the pre-wwi 2008 level of knowledge of most questioners, will make you actively dumber. (Read any random selection of comments on the Diablo FB page if you want a representative sample.) I'm hoping someone else will transcribe it and just include the new info, so I can skim that. I'm no way going to actually attend it. Many better uses for my time at Blizzcon, this year.

B*tching aside, I am fairly excited about that opening diablo 3 panel. The last 2 blizzcons we got a char announcement during the opening ceremony, and then a lot more coverage of that char during the first d3 panel. I'll be shocked if that doesn't continue this year, so I fully expect to see the Rogue around 11:05am Friday.

What else might the D3 panel cover? My predictions:
    • 15 min describing the fifth character
    • 15 min on the new skill tree system and resources
    • 15 min on crafting, mostly repeated from Gamescom.
    • 10 min on misc stuff. Maybe some new monster info, or levels or something.
    (Their hour-long Blizzcon panels always run about 55 minutes.)

8. konfeta

The Rogue. I am still iffy about that. Unless Blizzard will break new ground in diversity and introduce a transgender Rogue for the male variant.

9. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

to be fair they said biggest blizzcon for d3 ever except the announcement? well thats just this year vs last year then and not hard to beat that imo

still i expected more as i think we all did. pretty sure we will still get plenty of new info though

10. Flux

Flux Administrator

You can buy the streaming feed from Direct TV for $40. Links to that on the blizzcon.com page, and they'll have multiple feeds at once, covering every panel and lots of other stuff.

If you're not buying that, you'll have to look for news updates. We'll be posting constantly, as news breaks. We will also have our live chat going all weekend, and you can be sure people who are doing the live stream will be narrating the coolness as it occurs.

11. Nekora

Nekora Diabloii.Net Member

I honestly didn't expect much more than what we're getting. Considering that the game is still in a pretty early stage, they're probably showing everything they feel good about, but don't want to show things that aren't ready to be shown yet. Unfortunately, we fans have a way of wanting all of the information about a game now, even though it's still a year from release or so. Maybe more.

There's good and bad things about the internet and the way it affects video games. I honestly actually kinda preferred the old way gaming press worked and the way games were still mostly a surprise when they came out, though we had a pretty good idea of whether they would be good or bad.

12. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

i wonder if this has changed anyone mind about ordering the live feed.

13. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Where do we go to catch the live chat?

14. ThomasJ

ThomasJ Diabloii.Net Member

Like Flux said I am sure we will get info but as you all can see it is all about Starcraft 2 and WoW. Diablo was never their game so it will never get that full attention it rightfully deserves. Unless there is something special planned for Diablo 3 we do not know about then I say it is just another day for Diablo fans.

15. konfeta

Well, to the contrary, you could make an argument that the reason we have only 3 Diablo panels is because most of the D3 development team is actually busy building the game.

16. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

I had my mind set to getting the live feed before, now I am on the fence.

I really wish they have someone in the crowed asking them what their question is before they let them talk. That why they could tell the people that ask/say "why no necro?" or "Can you change the looks?" to sit back down.

Flux, you should get a hold of Bash and send him a list of question from the community here, maybe they could answer some at the Q&A. If it is possible you should start a thread where we can leave questions, and you pick the best of them to send to Bash.

17. ThomasJ

ThomasJ Diabloii.Net Member

For the past how many years now ? I know it is alot of frustration talking from fans now because they want thier Diablo 3 to be great but jeez, only 2 panels and we already have had alot of info in the past 2 weeks. Seems to me that it is all hype and nothing more unless Blizzard has something special unnanounced planned for Diablo fans.

18. Davidus

Davidus Diabloii.Net Member

last years Blizzcon sucked for SC2 fans(VO cast nonsense and custom map making info. who cares?)... and the game was released next year:p

19. Zorrah

Zorrah Diabloii.Net Member

They can keep the panel time down to under 10 minutes, but if there's a release date or a beta announcement, then it will be bigger, regardless of actual time spent (although, I'm not exactly counting on either of these). If the fifth class is the rogue and announced, I think they realize that isn't as big as it would have been 2 classes ago. I think they have something more awesome up their sleave than that. If the fifth class isn't the rogue, then, yeah, this will be more shocking than previously anticipated as well.

20. konfeta

Well, Blizzard constantly admits to just chugging out things out of the airlock when they don't like them. It's not like they are moving from 5% done to 15% done to 25% done and so on. It's more likely they are moving to 25% done, then to 15% done, then to 40% done, then back to 20% done, and so on.

They are probably banking on the idea that "hey, an actually Diablo 3 build that's not last year Blizzcon's build!" will be more then plenty.