Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzballer question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Road Ratt, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Blizzballer question

I'm building a variation of the Blizzballer:

Firebolt: 20
    Fireball: 20
    Fire Mastery: 1+
    Iceblast: 20
    Blizzard: 20
    Cold Mastery: 1+

After I have Fireball damage to a level I feel will work well in hell what would be best, putting more points into CM or a cold synergy IB/GS? (I have +17 to skills)

Thanks, RR

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I see that you plan not to use Meteor.

From your suggested options, it appears that you plan to be more cold based.

Personally, I would max GS first, then IB. I prefer the group freeze (hence, better crowd control) over the higher damage of IB.

If you plan to run Meph a lot, then aim to increase CM. But if you plan to run Meph a lot and nothing else, then a pure Blizz sorc is better.

If you're going to do Hell Baal runs and level 85 area runs, then a CM of 17-21 will work, but beware the cap of -100% to enemy cold resistance if you plan to go higher than CM of 21.

CM of 27 will bring Baal down to -100%, but it will be wasted on virtually all the other Hell monsters, other than Mephisto. In which case, better to pump a Blizzard synergy.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hmm, even if you do not plan to use Meteor, i would suggest that you invest the 3 extra points and simply get it. Firebolt is so totally useless, though you use it as a synergy the points appear rather wasted to me. Firebolt you will never use. Meteor you might start using to speed up your killing! Those 3 points are certainly not wasted.

If you are more focused on the cold tree i would simply add more damage to Blizzard by adding points to Iceblast. Also agree that Glacial Spike should be maxed first after Blizz and the few points in CM, for the nice group freeze effect.

4. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

The reason for more emphasis on cold is that with +skills my fireball does over 4k damage which seems to work just fine in hell.

I'm not mf'ing anyone with this sorc right now it is just for fun. I'm experimenting on a build to be my first mf'er next season, my blizz sorc was great this season for mf'ing mephy early but limited me greatly in where I could mf. I'm really liking this sorc and I am going to try some different variations of it, I'll give GS and Meteor a try on my next build of this sorc and see how I like it, thanks. :prop:

5. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

You might find 4K fireball a little weak in 8-player games. I think you'll want a few points in meteor as Meli suggested - it really does incredible damage with not-too-many points in it. If you're just solo mf'ing, 4K does sound fine.

You're right about blizz sorcs being limited, and these other builds done right aren't all that much slower. (Plus with BNet doing temp bans if you make too many games too fast, the minute or two you save with a blizz sorc actually comes back to bite you.)

6. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Well, in 8-player games he's going to use Blizzard mainly. Fireball is just a backup. I like the idea of having one attack stronger than the other. If you intend to runs bosses go for a bit more CM: 15 will take to to 32 with +17 skills. Otherwise, just add to Glacial Spike.