Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzballer Equipment? (Magic Find)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Krovvy, May 14, 2008.

1. Krovvy

Krovvy IncGamers Member

Blizzballer Equipment? (Magic Find)

I'm building a new Blizzballer Magic Find Sorceress, but this time around I've been able to acquire much better equipment. :tongue:

Harlequin Crest Shako (Open Socket)
    Spirit Monarch
    Spirit Crystal Sword
    Tal Rasha's Guardianship Lacquered Plate (Open Socket)
    Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth Mesh Belt
    Tal Rasha's Adjudication Amulet
    Stone of Jordan
    Stone of Jordan (?)
    Magefist Battle Gaunlets (Upgraded)
    War Travler Battle Boots
    Gemmed Monarch (+100% Magic Find)
    Gemmed Phase Blade (+180% Magic Find)

I've decided to go the maxed vitality route this time, instead of the maxed block and damaged reduction that I usually go with. So these items will allow to me have a FCR of 110, a FHR of 110 - meaning I should have hit 8 frame cast and 7 hit recovery rate. The change from from blocking also means I'll have a few extra skill points. So it's definitely worth it, right?

Anyway, if you have any suggestions of what equipment to use, feel free to state your opinion. I'm not really certain what would be the best as far as killing speed and magic find, so I'll let you decide! :wink3:

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Blizzballer Equipment? (Magic Find)

1. Full Tal's set. The -Enemy Resistance on the orb is huge for your damage... a lot better than the Spirit sword. Then when you consider the full-set bonuses, the Helm is much better than a shako too.

2. Beg, borrow, steal to get 35 FCR on your Spirit shield. That way with Magefists and the full set, you have exactly 105 FCR and can use whatever rings you please. If you can't get a 35 FCR Spirit, then devote one ring to FCR.

3. Personally, I'd rather have a CtA and Spirit on weapon switch than a boost to your MF. ~80% more life and mana will always help, but boosting your MF from ~300 to ~500 is relatively meaningless.

3. Krovvy

Krovvy IncGamers Member

I already have one, I have pretty much everything listed above somewhere. I'll look and compare the set bonuses again, I didn't think about the full set since I'm use to blocking! I'll check it out immediately!

4. sirpoopsalot

By the way, you should read this. It's based around a Meteorb, but the info will apply very much to your Blizzballer too.

5. Krovvy

Krovvy IncGamers Member

Thanks! I'm reading it now, and I think you're definitely right about the full set!

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Full Tals is outstanding for MFing with a dual-tree sorc. Even I can Baal run with them. :tongue:

7. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

a time ago I posted my BlizzMF gear in a similar thread. I searched it up for you, if you wish to read or see what eq I use for my BlizzMFSorc.

I have a very very diffrent eq than yours, non Tal's :p but your items seems to be...hm how to put this...much better :cry: gief me all those items!! :p

link

8. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Tal's is a very nice, balanced set. While it's possible to make something that kills faster than Tal's (which is basically like nightwing + fathom), you are sacrificing your survivability and MF in doing so.

9. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I kind of like the unique based builds. I don't really like Tal's in WsK because I have to give up my secksiness Thundergod's lazy absorb belt.

You can make it safe both ways. I'd say you only lose out on MF, and a MF switch can take care of that, mostly. It's not like Baal stuck with a kelpie/holyfreeze/reapers is going to run away from you either way.

Knowwhatimean?:undecided:

10. Krovvy

Krovvy IncGamers Member

Which mercenary to choose and what equipment? I was thinking Act II Defensive with:

Ethereal Fortitude (Archon or a high defense armor to match maximum strength?)
    Ethereal Infinity (Thresher or Colossus Voulge?)

And I have absolutely no idea on the helmet, still thinking!

11. sirpoopsalot

FYI, HolyFreeze doesn't work on Baal.

@Krovvy,

Thresher is a lot better for Infinity. The only reasons to choose a CV is laziness or cost (because CV is the only elite polearm guaranteed to get 4 sockets from Larzuk, so a good ethereal is relatively easy to find).

If you do get stuck with a CV, then you'll need some +strength on your merc's helm to equip it. Andy's Visage is probably the best choice in this case (and it's a good choice irregardless). If you don't need the +str, then I actually prefer a VampGaze on mine. You will definitely want some LifeLeech somewhere in your gear, so if your armour and weapon don't provide it, you'll NEED it from your helm.

Another weapon you might look at is Insight. Infinity's a lot better for your damage, but Insight will solve all mana issues, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

As for which merc, personally I'm using a Prayer/Insight merc at the moment. He's not a great tank, but I find it nice that my life and mana bulb refill themselves very quickly. If I didn't use Prayer, I'd probably choose a Might merc... I'm burned out on HolyFreeze (been there, done that, 1000 times...), so I tend to avoid them. With the reasonably decent defense on Tal's set, a Defiance merc isn't a bad choice either.