Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzballer at **. Cm or synergy?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Bushka, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Bushka

Bushka IncGamers Member

Blizzballer at **. Cm or synergy?

Just wondering i have been maxing cm etc and its now at 19 this is after obviously filling out build and pumping glaical spike/blizz/fb/ etc.

If i put points into cold mastery its 5% per level and if i start pumping ice blast its also a 5% synergy for my blizz..which is going to be more beneficial?

2. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

The 5% in CM will hit a cap when you lower monster's resist to -100, while the 5% cold dmg from ice blast has no cap, so your call:smiley:.

3. Bushka

Bushka IncGamers Member

really? mmsss k that makes sense then cos i already use conviction on merc and cm is at -110% as it is.

Good to know.

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

conviction and CM don't go well together. Sell that inifnity for some +cold damage gear.

If monsters are already at -100% then more CM will do nothing for you. What slvl is your CM at? (slvl = hard points invested + any skills from gear; i.e. what does your skill tree tab say the level of CM is?) I wouldn't worry about taking CM slvl past about 27 - even for a straight cold sorc.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

He said it's at -110%, so his CM must be slvl 19.

I would probably stay with the Infinity since it will greatly increase your fire damage output. If you decide to rebuild, however, you'll definitely want to put only one point into CM.

6. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

For a pure cold sorc or someone planning on running ubers CM is nice. If you're a pure cold sorc doing meph runs then you have the spare points and you can let your merc use a different (cheaper!) weapon like Insight, reapers, etc.

If you want to run uber trist as a cold build (partied or Dreamwinters build) then you lose the benefit of conviction when Uber Meph is around.

The other 95% of the time 1 point is all you need.

7. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I was thinking he was at 19 hard point into CM, but maybe higher with +skills. (Not sure why I was thinking he was straight cold - says blizzballer right in the title) In either case though, that's plenty for a blizzballer, pump Ice blast.

(if at some point you rebuild, I wouldn't max glacial spike - add some more points into ice blast. So long as you keep them frozen from 1 blizzard to the next, that's long enough isn't it?)