Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard vs. Stealthbot

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Hp_Sauce, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Blizzard vs. Stealthbot

Apparently Blizzard changed something on B.net regarding MPQ files and how they are read, so you've only got about 1/8 chance to connect with Stealthbot now. I figured 1 out of 8 was pretty good odds and decided to try my luck, around the 35-40th try it appears that I have been IP banned as I get a different error message from Stealthbot and I can no longer connect to East at all on my own playing accounts. It says to check and make sure my modem is dial-up (gimmie a ****in' break.)

Anyway, the xbananax bot will most likely be absent for a few days and I am sorry for this.

On a more usefull note, 40 tries to not get something that I should have gotten in 8 tries certainly explains why my greatest MF finds lately have been a Cathans Rule and a Raven Claw!

-hps

2. Attract

Attract Banned

Joo gieb ravenclaw?!?

Sorry to hear about the stealthbots. Didn't something similiar happen during 1.10 to all channel bots?

3. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I don't think so. I thought blizzard supported, well "allowed" us b.net users to use channel bots.

4. Hp_Sauce

Back off man! Its mine and I'm not afraid to use it!
    Actually I've been without a Raven Claw for a month or so. Ever since I lent mine to someone *cough... jaffy... cough* and he died with it! So I was sort of happy about this find. A Wind Force would have been more exciting.

I think allowed is the correct word to use. But they don't help.

So if Blizzard changes something that effects them its up to the channel bot creaters to scramble, figure it out, and fix it. Rather then Blizzard explaining what they have done etc. These are all just assumptions though.

Anyway, I was on the phone an hour or so later talking to someone and rather bored so I opened Stealthbot and tried hitting the connect button one more time for good measure and... bam! it connected! So I donno whats going on.

Anyway, now you all know whats going on!

-hps

5. GodObelisk

GodObelisk IncGamers Member

What is this "stealthbot"? I see a "bot" so i assume its a bot. But how come its associated to the channel bot thing?

Someone care to explain. Thanks

6. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Stealthbot is a channel bot that runs your channel like a prison warden. You set the rules; kick on yell, channel lockdown, and many more functions. It allows you to see what people are saying in your channel, or someone elses channel. It's a moderator is what it is.

7. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

I heard about a public 3rd party program changing the base fhr/ias/fcr breakpoints and killing the PvP gaming.Blizzard's changing of MPQ files is the answer to that.(the answer was pretty fast!).Channelbots can hardly connect now,but that is the price you have to pay for having fewer Hax on Bnet.

8. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

That particular hack was very, very, very evil. As in f*cking nasty evil. Would have made duelling impossible. Not that I care though, I bailed on playing after a one week spree.

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

That sounds fun and has prompted me to go ***** on their forums about how they refuse to throw us a bone and get rid of TPPK... it's only been common since what, 1.09?

I also *****ed at a WoW GM over it. He seemed confused.

10. Hp_Sauce

"Diablo 2" and the word "fix" generally don't go in the same sentence together. Confusion is a common side effect of this situation.

-hps