Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard / TS build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bwirum, Feb 19, 2004.

1. bwirum

bwirum IncGamers Member

Blizzard / TS build

I have this orb here:

http://www.wirum.net/Diablo2/images/blizzorb-l.jpg

I was trying to trade it away, but it seems it's fairly unwanted, so I was thinking, I got a sorc on the way, was going to be Blizzard/Meteor, but I haven't put the skills in fire yet, so I was thinking further, how about this:

Cold Mast - 5
    Blizzard - 20 + prereqs
    Blizzard syns - 18 additional points
    Frozen armor - 1
    TS - 20 + prereqs
    Lightning Mast - 20
    Telekinesis - 1
    Teleport - 1

That adds up to 100 points which would be lvl 89. I see lvl 89 as the ultimate level since I can then use the really good crafted amus so that's always my goal.

What do you think? Viable? Throw in some lightning facets here and there maybe. Maybe even get one of those griffons on her in due time along with tals armor, belt, amu.. rhyme shield, sojs (when I can get hold of some, this is ladder after all) and.. silks or waterwalks maybe..

2. bwirum

bwirum IncGamers Member

After some calculations, if I count in 7 lightning skill charms and 5 all skills in addition to the orb, I'd hit lvl 37 TS maxing that and lvl 15 ES without ever putting a single skillpoint into it :) TS damage would be 2085-2626 before calcing in the added damage and lowered res from Griffons and any lightning facets. Cool, eh...? I think so :)

Additionally, of course, I'll have my blizzard at lvl 29 dealing cold damage of 2110-2226 + my cold mastery will be at lvl 12 giving a 75% pierce to cold res. This will be the spot to put extra skillpoints tho, at least 5 more so I could get this to lvl 17 and 100% pierce :)

I think this build is gonna be sooooo cool. Of course you won't have any of those superoverpowered fireskills, but still, it'll be fun.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

All calculations all and well, it's still a very mediocre damage for a skill that has over 40 skill points invested in it. TS might seem to do good damage, but it's quite the opposite. The inability to aim and the low damage make this skill obsolete in patch 1.10. Griffons Eye and Lightning facets won't do you much more good, so IMO they would be a waste on this build.

Check the CL/FO guide for some more data, I'll give you they main point I want to make.

What this means is it does an average damage of 2k per enemy, with a max of 11 enemies and around 4 casts per second (which is as I recollect the timer for TS) So almost 88k average damage versus 2.4k max damage is quite a difference.

So considering this alternative those Lightning Facets and the Griffons Eye are much better invested in Chain Lightning.

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Wouldn't build a sorceress around an orb unless it was REALLY good. And yea thunderstorm is pitiful damage. What you're saying in comparison to CL isn't completely fair though, since you'll often have only 1 target where thunderstorm is better.

I think you can beat hell with this build but it's more effective to use orb/tstorm or orb/chain lightning. Blizzard shines when synergized (2-3 synergies and maxed CM) but isn't as good with just 40 points.

5. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

I think TS is an excellant skill, and it particularly shines when MF'ing against bosses. What people don't seem to realize is that you hit the waypoint, cast TS and forget about it.

You TP to the boss, hit your main killing spell (meteor or Blizz usually) and spam your secondary (like fireball, Glacials, etc). The whole time, TS is slapping them upside their head and don't have to aim, maintain it or do anything else to it. you just concentrate on your skills.

People seem to forget the game is now about balance-

'shed

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

TS=auto-aiming which means that you've just attracted that big champion boss pack that you desperately needed to avoid but didn't know you needed to until a second ago.

7. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

the point is not that we're worrying about aiming or casting TS. The point is spending a full 40 skill points on something that is only going to do 2k resistable damage, slowly, to one target at a time is just plain not smart. if you invested those 40 skill points in the synergies for your main/secondary attacks, that you will be actively casting at said act boss, you will do more damage over time guaranteed.

--fatty

8. bwirum

bwirum IncGamers Member

Well, I can always make another sorc, I think I'm still gonna try it out. You need to try the non-cookiecutter builds every once in a while to keep the game alive imo :) Thanks for the pointers tho. And for the resistable damage. Yes, it's resistable, but that's what I'll be having blizz for.