Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard/Thunderstorm

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Julien, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Julien

Julien IncGamers Member

Blizzard/Thunderstorm

I'm planning my sorc to be a blizzard/TS type. Is this build viable ? Let me know ok ? Thanks.

2. tl998

tl998 Banned

You didn't present a 'build'. You presented us with two skills which you plan to use. Can't really comment on that, except to say that I have never seen one sorc use TS in 1.10.

3. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

For PvP it will probably be decent. For PvM, it will not.

4. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

I agree, its an interesting variation from the blizzard sorceress, which I believe you are trying to get a spell which can hit other chars as bliz does its work=extra damage. But the amount of damage bliz can reach simply offsets the extra damage from TS, and TS is very weak now in 1.10. I had a TS/Orb sorc in 1.10, she did fine in pvp, but in pvm, the TS wasn't dealing out much damage to monsters, and with cold immunes and the way it randomly targets, the monsters regenerated their health faster than my TS could take them down. The build would be viable with good item (merc, and yourself), but that requires relative twinking. I still stand that with heavy twinking, any kind of build can be "viable", but to be actually good I still believe it would do OK, since you still have enough points for bliz, cold mastery and 1 synergy which should raise the damage to around 2k with good gear (and put in cold mastery it would be 4k).

5. Julien

Julien IncGamers Member

What would be the best lightning spell to use with Blizzard then ? Thanks for your answers.

6. se7ensparks

se7ensparks IncGamers Member

Depends on how many skill points you can devote to the lightning tree. In my opinion you need at least 60 points, not counting prereqs -- 20 main skill (i use chain lightning) 20 Lightning Mastery and 20 synergy. That will do about 7 - 2000 damage. With +4 to all skills, you can up it to 7-2600. With full tal's set or good gear, you can be a killing machine. Without a maxed synergy, all the lightning spells are pretty paltry.

If you are using the lightning tree, you basically have to think of yourself as a lightning sorc, and then figure out what fire/cold spell you want to use as a back up.