Blizzard Sorc Or Orb Sorc

Nitro

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizzard Sorc Or Orb Sorc

Hello every one , this is my first time posting , but i have been visiting this site since years... every where i go , what ever info i need i get from this site. Thanks to all of you!

I have just moved from Expansion to Classic , and I'm really enjoying it.

I have a question.. Blizzard Sorc OR Frozen Orb Sorc?

What is more fun to play with ? what is more effective? I will NOT be dueling.

Please advise..

Thanks!

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
What is most fun to play with differs per individual. You could hold a poll and end up with 50-50
Both are effective builds in classic.
A Blizzard sorc allows you to get very high damage, while Orb allows you to cover hit and cold slow a wider area more densely(lots of little shards) and Blizz allows you to fill up another skill, for instance, teleport, making your teleporting cheap. My Orber gains mana while teleporting at 80fcr.
So she can be manadrained on the way, it's not a problem, by the time I get to my destination(which allways takes me a while cause I suck at finding things) my sorc is usually already full of mana again.
As for the joys of Blizz, you will have to wait for one of the other, more avid Blizz players.

Zodijackyl

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizz is much more effective if you plan on going to a higher level, and also much easier to play from level 1 to 30
Orb is better if you're going to SvS a lot or if you plan on having a larger secondary build like energy shield, thunder storm, or pumping warmth/static.

Nitro

Diabloii.Net Member
The problem with Blizzard can be

20 ice bolt
20 ice blast
20 glacial spike
20 blizzard
17 cold mastery

thats 97 skill points to max out the blizzard skill

which leaves no place for warmth , teleport , Energy shield or telekenisis

how should i distribute my blizzard sorc's skill points to make an effective blizz sorc at Char level 80?

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
The problem with Blizzard can be

20 ice bolt
20 ice blast
20 glacial spike
20 blizzard
17 cold mastery

thats 97 skill points to max out the blizzard skill

which leaves no place for warmth , teleport , Energy shield or telekenisis

how should i distribute my blizzard sorc's skill points to make an effective blizz sorc at Char level 80?
warmth is useless, unless maxed, and it doesn't help your blizzard dmg, so avoid it. ES can be shopped on a staff so don't invest there either. for a blizzer one in teleport, and one in telekinesis is enough.

it's all preference for your cold attack. ice blast hits harder than glacial spike at high levels, but is single hit. glacial spike is effective for more crowd control, freezing multiple targets in place to ran blizzard down on, then switch to ice blast for spamming until blizzard timer resets.

why stop at lvl 80? my lvl 84 blizzer does pretty well at "mini raids - teleporting in, and soloing vizier/infector. just have to dance a bit to avoid the cold immune mages.

Nitro

Diabloii.Net Member
warmth is useless, unless maxed, and it doesn't help your blizzard dmg, so avoid it. ES can be shopped on a staff so don't invest there either. for a blizzer one in teleport, and one in telekinesis is enough.

it's all preference for your cold attack. ice blast hits harder than glacial spike at high levels, but is single hit. glacial spike is effective for more crowd control, freezing multiple targets in place to ran blizzard down on, then switch to ice blast for spamming until blizzard timer resets.

why stop at lvl 80? my lvl 84 blizzer does pretty well at "mini raids - teleporting in, and soloing vizier/infector. just have to dance a bit to avoid the cold immune mages.

I'f im gonna be 84 , how should i assign my skills so i get the most out of blizzard? im confused , what gives more dmg , maxing blizzard first? or its synergies?

CdMagicFind

Diabloii.Net Member
Maxing the skill itself first is usually the best way to get the most damage and it works like that here. Not sure about when to max CM and all that though.

Nitro

Diabloii.Net Member
when im 80
i will have 92 skills remaining (12 from skill quests)

Where shud i use them in order to get max dmg?

brucmack

Diabloii.Net Member
when im 80
i will have 92 skills remaining (12 from skill quests)

Where shud i use them in order to get max dmg?
Just a nitpick, but you'll actually only have 91 skills remaining... lvl 1 to lvl 80 = 79 levelups, not 80.