Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard Sorc Opinion

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by isan, May 26, 2008.

1. isan

isan IncGamers Member

Blizzard Sorc Opinion

I am building a Blizzard Sorc, she is level 83 now, and currently levelling in AT. She has already maxed Blizzard, Glacial Spike, Ice Blast, and Ice Bolt while her Cold Mastery is Level 22 (with items) now.

I would like to ask for your opinion about the Cold Mastery. AFAIK, Meph has the highest Cold Resistant (75%) and Level 32 Cold Mastery will bring his resistant to the minimum (-100%).
    Should that be the limit of the Cold Mastery or is it better to max the Cold Mastery in order to break Cold Immunes as mentioned in several guides?
    How much is your final Cold Mastery (including items) of your Blizzard Sorc?
    Please give your opinion based on your experience, thanks.

2. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Re: Blizzard Sorc Opinion

Hey Isan, pure Blizzy huh? Nice. I guess you are planning to run Hell Mephy and Pindle. Your skill placement looks OK. I had a Blizzsorc with +12 to CM (and all your other skill placements) and she pwned Baal pretty well. CM at l22 is all you need. In fact a lot of people aim for CM at level 17 (-100 Cold Resistance for most monsters). Just make sure the merc has a Kelpie (for the 75% slows target) and you are good to go. (Life leech doesn't work with Mephy so don't worry about it.) Hope this helps. Take care.

3. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

I don't know what guides you have read, but cold mastery definitely doesn't break immunities. At least in 1.10+ versions. I know it does in 1.07.

The optimal level of your CM depends on your run targets. If you are running Meph, you should get as close to that level 32 as possible, but at AT going past 17 isn't much help. Pindle has 50 cold res, which would require level 27 CM. If you like to run all of these, choose between level 27 and 32.

On the other hand, there aren't much other options of where to spend your points, so you might actually be best off if you dump them all into CM anyways.

4. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

I maxed CM, so I can sacrifice +skills to have more MF. However, you won't max it until level 93 I believe.

Another approach would be to invest in Static Field; this could help if you intend to run the Ancient Tunnels for drops.

My sorc is level 94, with two points in SF. I intend to rebuild her someday in 1.09, so I can make her level 99, max CM and put any remaining points in SF.

5. Elfie

Elfie IncGamers Member

CM definitely does not break immunes in 1.10 and 1.11. I prefer not to max it, but to drop 5-6 points. It is quite enough for making fast Meph runs. Static Field - yep, that is the skill, which along with teleport is a must have for every sorc.

6. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

Static field. If you are very mana-light with your setup, don't like blue pots, and don't want Insight on your merc, teleport could be a good second option.

(Static)

7. isan

isan IncGamers Member

@ DaveW:
    Yup, you're right, she is going to be a routine visitor for Meph and Pindle. Since I have luckily found a SoJ and BKWB from Meph when I MF with my Blizzballer two weeks ago :grin:, I want to feel the power of pure Blizz to Meph, I am still hoping for Mara's to drop from him.

@ Jaago:
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, the guides only say to max Cold Mastery, I am the one who assume that it was for breaking immunes, my mistake :embarassed:

@ All:
    I think I am set to have Level 32 CM (with + skills) for her, which may be filled some time later (only have 2 cold skillers now). Can someone advise what level of Static Field will have a range of the full screen? I have ever read about it, but I forget it , as usual :laugh:. How much Static Field level do you usually target for your sorc?

She is Level 87 now, still levelling at AT, and luckily found my 3rd Harlequin Crest and ethBerserker Axe yesterday. I plan to level her to level 90s, hopefully 94 or 95 (so I can make good crafts). I guess it means that she has to visit Baal for levelling later, right? Do you have any tips to my Blizz sorc? Please share with me, thanks in advance.

8. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

You can level to 96 in AT without too much trouble, although it is slow going. Even at p1 I have hacked out a good chunk during the pentathlon. Blizzers are fine at Baal, but it takes some finesse to deal with the skeleton mages...a good merc and maybe dropping to p1 if you are having trouble.

9. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

My blizzy just hit lvl 87 I think which is a record for me. I have not tried Baal but she does well in the AT, as well as Mephisto and Pindle. Right now I alternate running pindle and Mephisto till my stash is full before switching again. She has found some decent items this last week running with 300mf and CM at 17 with +skills.