Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard Peeps Haxor Grift Records

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

[​IMG]

[caption id="attachment_380382" align="alignright" width="206"][​IMG] The Bliz class, obviously.[/caption]Some Blizzard test accounts on the PTR were erroneously not removed from the Leaderboards, and players who spotted their impossible times reacted with dismay. Blizzard Peeps Haxor Grift Records:

you might wanna look into how ppl were getting to lvl 70 last night in seasons with only 49 seconds played on there profiles blizz before this goes live.
    Nevalistis: This was actually a direct result of some internal testing that required the use of the PTR servers. The method used requires a specially flagged account and cheat codes that don't function at all in the live environment and was not a result of a bug or exploit.

It wasn't, however, intended for this progress to get entered on the leaderboards; we've since fixed this and removed the test account entries. Sorry if this caused some confusion!

is that enSG005 account, with the GR66 in 2m40s clear time, one of these test accounts? Only like 4 hours of play time?
    That's correct; looks like these accounts are still getting purged from the leaderboards, so you might still see them up a bit longer.[source]http://www.diabloii.net/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/18301004957[/source]

Blizzard doesn't have accounts that can hack or cheat on the live realms, where they've got to play under all the same rules as players. This is on the PTR though, where the testing goes for players and Blizzard as well. That would be an interesting community buff though, eh? Superpowered everything so you could clear GR60+ in 3 minutes.
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

2. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

I am still trying to figure out how a higher number in the top right corner of your screen makes a person feel better about themselves, and why that should matter is a supposedly loot based game.

Patch 2.0 was the most fun I had in Diablo 3 when it was about clearing areas and you saw specialized builds for clearing certain acts and monsters. I prefered Act 3 Keep, levels one, two, and three with a final Ghom kill for good measure.

That felt far more true to how Josh Mosqiera described Diablo, as a game where at any moment in some dark corner of sanctuary your next epic item could drop. That's exactly how the game played then without Rifts and Greater Rifts in the game.

Its exactly the opposite under the Greater Rift regime, the pinata effect is delayed until the very end when the rift guardian is killed, and you are also playing Diablo 3 under a timer, something I never imagined would become this dominant in a Diablo game.

Finally, tying specific items like Legendary Gems to the Greater Rifts only forces players even more to run them. I would have liked to see legendary gems drop like runes did in Diablo 2.

It all feels very linear, top heavy, and forced.

I am not sure how anyone can even stand it.

The game just feels unbalanced with so much emphasis and time being placed in rifts, while the rest of sanctuary looks like winter with all the dust its gathering in its unexplored dark, places.

You know the areas that actually offered something in a little game called Diablo 2.

3. PrvtPiLe

PrvtPiLe IncGamers Member

"That would be an interesting community buff though, eh? Superpowered everything so you could clear GR60+ in 3 minutes."

They were probably just testing one of the new sets due in season 5. 6-piece Bonus: Clicking on monsters does 50,000% Weapon Damage.