Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard or frozen orb?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Demppa, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

Blizzard or frozen orb?

Hi all!

I am making a mf sorc to run hell meph.I thought to use points as following:
    20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Meteor
    15 Fire Mastery
    10 Fire Ball
    3 Warmth
    1 Teleport
    1 Static Field
    so I'm going to use meteor and FO. But is FO really better than blizzard? Blizzard seems to do more damage while FO does only about 300 and that's very little bit

2. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

nothing kills meph like blizzard in a matter of seconds for mf purposes.

3. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

The build you have listed is very similar to one posted in the guide library. If you have a lot of points to invest a pure cold blizzardess is the way to go for meph runs. If you want to be able to do more than just non-cold immune monsters you will need 2 trees and the build you have listed will work just fine, though I would not put more than 1 point into warmth.

4. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

Yeah I thought this sorc to be able to play in areas with Cold immunes. (so she's not so pure mf char)

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i had a pure blizz sorc in the previous ladder up to around lvl **. she had a few non-cold tree points here and there (warmth, tp, etc.), and a couple of wasted points here and there (shiver armor.) in full mf gear, it took her 6-8 blizzes to kill meph in solo hell game. once, i tried it with a death's fathom and nightwing, and iirc, it only took 3-4.

currently, i have an mf blizz sorc. it takes 6-8 without any damage equipment whatsoever, except a +1 skills from shield and +2 skills from shako.

my mf blizz sorc build is a no brainer:
    3 pts in lightning tree for tp and static
    1 pt in fire tree for warmth
    20 cm
    20 blizz
    20 glacial spike
    rest in the remaining 2 synergies for blizz.

6. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

FO does 300 per 'lil shard, does good with clearing room of non cold resis's, then meteor will be good for moating mephy, and if ur skilled; killing andarial, while FO'ing the hell out of the fallen guyz... maybe reconsider those +2 points in warmth, won't make much of a difference, will do better in fire ball. nice build over all tho :clap: good luck on it :) (i would put those 2 points from warmth (1 in warmth, not 3) into Fire Mastery,) Good luck again :)

-HaLoPhReAk

7. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

ok, I re-thought this thing. Now the plan of skills is based a bit on Blizz/fireball Guide in the library. I changed some points from fire tree to cold tree. And I came to decision that blizz is better for me. My current plan looks like this:

20 Blizzard
    15+ Glacial spike
    ~5 Cold mastery

20 Meteor
    20 Fire ball
    1 Fire mastery
    1 Warmth

1 Teleport
    1 Static field

This way I'll have the stats used at level 82. please comments for the following: I'll put 15 pts to Glacial spike. then at last about 5 pts to CM and then max glacial spike.
    Also:is tal's set best option for me?

Thanks for any replies!