Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

blizzard MF sorc gogo> > ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Raith, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

blizzard MF sorc gogo> > ?

im going to blizzard only, and yes, get teleport. and this is all for mf, im contemplating now guys, so i need your help.

str: enough for gear. (would 60 str be enough?)
    dex: im having a hard time here guys, please help. ><!!
    vita: left over points here.
    enrgy: BASE

now, for blizzard.

20ice bolt
    20 ice blast
    20 glacier spike
    20blizzard
    1teleport
    <ANY MANA SHIELD? SHOULD I PUT PT. IN IT? IS IT WORTH IT?>
    rest into cold mastery.

items im thinking:
    helm: shako with ptopaZ.
    amulet: tal's amulet.
    belt: tal's belt.
    hand: occy.
    hand: ryhme shield.
    boots: war travs.... (hard to get, cruddy)
    gloves: I DONT KNOW, ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    armor: *dont know a relatively cheap one :|*

thanks for looking~ :thumbsup:

2. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

general consensus is that 1pt energy shield is not worth it. in fact many many people consider it suicide. your mana gets drained almost instantly from various sources and youre left in a heap of trouble.

if youre using tals ammy and belt, you might as well go with tals armor to get the partial set bonuses, which are really good. if you cant afford that (worth about um on uswest ladder), then there are cheaper alternatives: skullders ire, wealth runeword, 4topaz armor.

unless you need extra mana, use chance guards for the magic find. frostburn if you really need mana. you shouldnt need mana though. just buy blue potions.

as for strength, tals armor requires 84 str, and war travelers require 95 str. so depending on what you use youll need at least that much str.

as for rhyme, you have two general options. rhyme gives you +20% chance to block, so you can either put rhyme in a good blocking shield, or in the lightest shield (to minimize strength). if you use either war travelers or tals armor, you will have 80-90ish strength, so youll have enough str for tower shield (which is the lightest shield with 44% blocking: 75str). i think you should go for maximum block; its very useful to have and although it seems like you give up a lot of life, in the end i think the difference b/n 900 and 1100 life is not that important (just my opinion). youll have 20dex from tals belt, and could even use ravenfrost for another 20 (i use it b/c i hate being frozen :lol: ).

one last thing: i despise the in game graphic of the tower shield. i think the way the sorceress looks carrying that thing around looks retarded. if you are like me, then consdier putting rhyme in a heater. it requires 77str (two more than tower shield) and has 42% block (which will be 62% after rhyme). itll cost you a few life points, but it makes my gaming experience much more enjoyable :lol: .

3. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

thanks dude! i like how you addressed the str. used, now i think i know how to use str wisely. probably get items to boost the attributes as well. :p chance guards, ah hah! almost forgot about them. skullders is a good choice infact, but i cant afford tal's armor since i just started so... ill get my hands on skullders or wealth armor. whatever the case may be. :)

any comments on BASE energy?

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

dex is entirely up to you, where you are mf'ing, and what type of build you are using. if you go with max block, a 75% ctb shield needs over 200 dex. a whistans needs around 120-150. a rhyme hyperion gives the most block in a non-heavy shield, around 44 for sorcs, but don't expect to max it even with +ctb from a runeword like rhyme.

regarding str, i always go with 110 minimum, tgods for +20, a 26+ str ammy, equip stormshield, and remove ammy. if you go with rhyme hyperion, you can skip the ammy step.

base nrg is fine. by the time you start serious mfing, say lvl 80 or so, you'll have a hard time keeping mana below hps.

5. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

This is the build i have used and it is perfect for MF (~450% MF)

Stats
    Strength 95
    Dexterity Enough for max block with Whitstans (w/ Eld Rune)
    Vitality All the rest
    Energy None

Skills
    In this order
    Blizzard (20)
    Ice Blast (20)
    Glacial Spike (20)
    Cold Mastery (20)
    Teleport (1)
    Warmth (1)
    Rest into Ice Bolt

Gear
    Shako (w/ PTopaz)
    Skullders (w/ PTopaz)
    Occulus
    Whitstans (w/ Eld)
    War Travs (48% MF)
    Goldwrap
    2x Nagelrings
    Tals Ammy
    Chance Gaurds

Great and cheap MF build :). I have found loads of good stuff so far. Good Luck!

-Gix

6. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

thanks, you guys are so much help. :clap:
    Gix, this one is for you.
    how are the resistances? how do they hold up, in hell with mephisto?
    2 nagels, are they perfect or close to? and what charms are you using?

7. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

I don't know and don't care about my resists. Use the moat trick and meph can't hit you (see the sticky). I only use this sorc for running meph and andy, so resists don't matter to me. I only have 1 7%smfc, and 2 life charms. My life is around 800-850. Use a merc with insight so you don't run out of mana, or just drink potions.

-Gix

P.S. You could also have Gull + Rhyme Shield on switch before meph dies.
    Also, if you are on USEast Ladder, I have an extra Whitstans I could give you.

8. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

hehe, thanks for the offer for whistans, but im NL. :) aah, now i see the whole thing, neat... blizzard really does the job. :D

and can you explain why as the skills goes, blizzard first then ice blast etc?

9. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Well thats the order I did it in. I didn't play thru the game, I got rushed, baal runs, etc. I just want you to max the most important skills first.

-Gix

P.S. A good strategy is to use Blizzard on meph, shoot about four Ice Blasts at him, blizzard again, shoot ice blasts again, etc.

10. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

single tree sorcs are imho, the best to self-rush. all you need to do is raise the synergy at low levels. this will give you lots of killing power until you get to the spell you want. usually, i end up with:
    12 ice bolt
    6 ice blast
    6 glacial spike
    before i even put my first point into blizzard.

once you get to the spell you want, it's always better to go in this order:
    max main attack
    max mastery
    max synergies.

11. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

thanks guys i got a better feeling now. lol. rushing is so hard now and harder to get people to do it. :D