Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard is classist.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by IN_FLAMES, May 25, 2005.

1. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

Blizzard is classist.

Okay, I'm about 99% sure that my problem with realm downs every 10 minutes (I spend more time being RD than I do playing) is because I'm on 56k.

I used to play FINE on my 56k. I never had ANY problems with realm downs, infact, I never even got a realm down before up untill a few months ago.

WHY IS THIS? My computer is MORE than qualified to play Diablo 2, and it used to run FINE on 56k. Me being on dial-up does not lag other players in the game, nor does it limit anyone elses playing in any way, so WHY does Blizzard not let me play this game?

I used to play Starcraft, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 3 without ANY problems. Up untill a few months ago. Now I can't even join one game on StarCraft without being banned for having 3 yellow bars of lag, I can't play 2 games in a row in Diablo 2 (It doesn't matter how long I'm in the game, I still get a realm down after every 2 games.), and the only game that seems to be working fine for me is Warcraft 3, which is the most advanced (graphic-wise) and it runs better than Diablo 2 and Starcraft.

I'm not poor, but I live with my parents, and I'm the only one who knows what a computer is, so my parents refuse to pay for high-speed internet because I will be the only one benefitting from it.

**** you.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Whatever the four * word means, I guess you forgot a * and it means "Bless you.". Else... well, I won't say the word.

There might be several reasons for your problem. Just because bnet is the one who tells you this, it doesn't mean it's their fault. Don't shoot the messenger.

You cannot compare a standing TCP/IP connection (like being connected to bnet) with a one-shot connection where a command is sent, a reply is received and the connection is closed (e.g. web browser). If your one-shot connection fails to terminate correctly, you press the reaload button and everything is fine. However, if there are too many problems e.g. when bnet tries to send data to you, they might close the connection and a "connerction interrupted" message appears.

Reasons might as well be a faulty analog modem or too much signal noise on the telephone line (faulty or overcrowded telephone line or telephone hardware along the line from you to your ISP) or your ISP not paying the bills for enough bandwidth and reply time.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

IN_FLAMES, If you wish to keep posting here, the language has to stop.

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

why is he 70634 instead of a "member"?

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

No idea.....

6. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

Please tell me why that matters when it's filtered?

OH NOEZ FOUR ASTERISKS!

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Because we ask you that's why.

It doesn't matter if it is filtered.

8. Ash Housewares

if this were true then why have the filter?

9. krischan

Now I know who you are ! You are the great boss behind the scenes, the Master Of The Puppets ! Aragorn, be careful what you say now, Ash might kill you with a mere thought if you give the wrong answer :lol:

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

To filter stuff that the higher ups want filtered.

11. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Inappropriate language in any venue will make a appropriate response less likely.

Back to the topic, do you have any 3rd party software/add-ins running along side d2? (you would know this)
    Is it possible you have some kind of spyware running in the background you are unaware of? (you might not know this)

I don't know for sure but either of these things might have a major effect on a 56K connection.

Good luck!

12. Ash Housewares

so it doesn't matter if it's filtered, but it has to be filtered, this is where I get confused, I thought the point of having the filter is to... filter out the unwanted, so they become... filtered but now you threaten to ban people for getting filtered? I'm confused, does this not defeat the purpose of having a filter? Why threaten when the filter is doing it's job?

13. Gibby

Gibby Banned

Dude, you wouldn't have to worry about it if you didn't use trailer trash language. Anyways the filter is a good idea, but I agree with Aragorn in that even if it does get filtered you should be banned, because even when the asterisks come into play, they are still implying the word you have said. Kudos to Aragorn.

14. krischan

Discussing rules in public makes no sense because forums aren't run by people who have been elected by their members, but by people trusted by those who own them. In such a system, listening to advice which haven't been asked for might encourage others to question any rule, so discussing a change in public normally has the opposite effect.

This is not meant as a criticism about how these forums are run. It's perfectly OK that way and I do it more or less the same way at home when I have guests.

For the rules lawyers, the anti-swearing rules could be changed like this: Instead of replacing obscenities by asterisks, postings containing them could generally be rejected, so if somebody replaces offending words or parts parts of it with other characters, it could be considered bypassing the word filter.

15. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Not necessarily. Inappropriate language overall is not acceptable. The filter just tries to block the words should anyone try to use them. It's sort of a failsafe method. Ideally, people should try to avoid them as a whole. Besides, alot of people still know what word was filtered anyway in most cases, which (to me) makes it seems more like the filter is just the backup method to catch those posts that need it.

16. Seaskye

Seaskye IncGamers Member

Well back to the topic D2 is once again getting LAGGGYYYYY and I have high speed internet and I have been getting fail to join games ( ones I make myself). Times when you are moving but nothing else is happening , spells not appearing, monsters practically walking through you, not dying etc ...
    WOW taking even more of our space ?!?!
    I ask in a channel and the responce was a resounding YES!!

Seaskye.

17. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I would imagine that would be pretty difficult, considering that WoW is on completely separate servers than that of D2.