Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard cracks down....kinda

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Stimm, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Blizzard cracks down....kinda

The following is from the Battle.net site:

StarCraft and Warcraft III Accounts Closed
    Tuesday, March 9, 2004
    A number of additional accounts and CD keys have been tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing StarCraft or Warcraft III on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against cheating, we have permanently closed 263,000 StarCraft accounts and 19,000 Warcraft III accounts. 8,000 of the Warcraft III CD keys used with the now-closed accounts have been banned from ladder play for one month, and 1,100 more have been banned from ladder play permanently. Repeat offenders risk having their CD keys disabled, which will result in the permanent removal of their copies of StarCraft or Warcraft III from Battle.net.
    We will continue to monitor Battle.net for cheating and take action as needed. A false report filed by one player against another will not result in the actions described above.

As always, thank you for your continued support; with your help we have been able to keep Battle.net a fun and safe place to play Blizzard games

Once again shows that Blizzard couldnt give a rats *** about Diablo 2. They scan StarCraft for hacks which at best has 30k users but ignore Diablo 2 which on average has well over 100k

2. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Meh, same old thang. Never before has it been so apparent that we are all playing a dead game. LOL

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm..would have loved to see millions of accounts closed because they used MH or Chicken on LOD...and if/how that would affect the ladder

Eh..Conner..OT here..but that line in your signature is said by The Kurgan, not by Connor McLeod...as you prolly know all along :lol:

4. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

ooh ooh, and hey hey. rock and roll is hear to stay!

(i woke up to this song on the radio this morning... coincidence? i think not!)

5. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Usually these bans follow one another. I would venture a guess that the D2 banning will be within the next few days if history tells us anything.

6. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Hope you're right, corn... if so, as someone said, it would be really fun to see how it affects the ladder... who wants to bet the bottom rung for each class drops a good 2 levels or so?

7. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Actually Neal Young was the first person to say (sing) that... from the song Rust Never Sleeps

8. det

det IncGamers Member

Hehe..its just that Conner quoted it with the name tag from Highlander as well.

9. ConnerMacleod

Yes, said by the Kurgan. But that's one of my favorite lines from the movie. Christopher Lambert is kind of unintelligible throughout the entire movie. I believe he had just learned English the year prior to the movie (because of his role in Greystoke, he had to learn English for the part).

But the Kurgan (Clancy Brown), which hails from a race/tribe of Russian nomads IRL, is the most clear speaking of them all, including Ramirez (Sean Connery). Surprisingly they didn't make Clancy speak with accent in the role. And given that Conner is about 470 years old when the forward to modern day, he had all that time to correct his accent and come up with better quips. Kurgan owned him there. Conner's lines are kind of funny, but nothing to remember. I mean, look at the Kurgan's lines:

"I'm Candy"
    "Of course you are"

"Tonight you sleep in Hell Ramirez"

"Nuns, no sense of humor"

"Father forgive me, I am a worm"

Conner?
    "Ha ha ha"

"I apologize for calling your wife a bloated wart-hog, and I bid you good day" (The only humorous line)

"Fazeel was so upset about the lousy wrestling tonight that he went down to the garage, and in a fit of depression, cut off his own head." (and slurred the entire line)

"You wanna dine in the hall, or should we step inside?"

Not memorable. My handle only indicates my interest in the movie, not that I think Conner was the best and most deserving of the Immortals.

My favorite line was the Hot Dog Guy (Tony) - "What does 'incompetent' mean? What does 'baffled' mean?" (in a Jamaican accent)

And Zappa nailed that right on to who sang it first. Given that he's probably into classic rock (70s) given his handle, that's a big surprise he knew that right away.

Anyhow.

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

30k at best on SC/BW?
    I dunno, I haven't been on for about 6 months, but they were getting 70-80k easily when I did...

Edit, and just for good measure I went and installed BW (been meaning to do it anyways, recently formatted) and looked. 67k out of 161k users on BW, and another 6k on vanilla...seems to me that more than 1/3 of the users of b.net is pretty decent for the oldest of the 3 major games... BW keys are probably the most popular for op bots, but if you count all the keys D2 uses for the spam bots D2 probably loses on that front as well.

11. Rava

Rava IncGamers Member

C'mon ZF ..

It's from My my, hey hey .. which is on the album Rust Never Sleeps.

my my,hey hey
    Rock n' Roll is here to stay
    it's better to burn out
    than to fade away
    my my, hey hey

Now you must wear the Camarillo Brillo of Shame for your error
    :scared:

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh man...you really love that film that you can quote so many lines (as I loved it when it came out)..and wasn't Highlander 2 the sadest piece of crap.

Hm..I should have remembered that the line was from Neil Young...I think Zappa is only a few years older than me :scratch:

13. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Ah, I thought the title of the song, as well as the album, was Rust Never Sleeps.

14. ConnerMacleod

Well, the movie came out when I was like 15, so I've had plenty of time to watch it - over and over and over.

And yes, Highlander 2 was a POS. As was 3, and 4. For me, the Gathering occured in Part 1, and it ended there. Everything beyond that made no sense. The storyline in part 1 was very well researched, and the others did nothing but conflict with the premise of the first part. Sean Connery was a fool to lend his name to the second one, tho he probably was just looking for a quick buck after raking in a million for his cameo in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

I didn't get into the TV series either, because it conflicted with the story of the movie. If Duncan existed, then there would be no prize. Hence, Conner would have to have killed him (or someone else) for any of the TV series or sequels to make any sense at all. Everything beyond Highlander is dead to me. Jeez, talk about hijacking threads.

lol

15. det

det IncGamers Member

Exactly my thoughts - couldn't have summed it up better :lol:

16. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Leave it to a long hair to school you in the ways of Neil Young. OK, so I don't have long hair (unless you compare it ZF's 'do!)

Rust Never Sleeps was released in 1979 and contains the tracks:

Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)
    My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)
    Pocahontas
    Powderfinger
    Ride my Llama
    Sail Away
    Sedan Delivery
    Thrasher
    Welfare Mothers

No, that's not a typo, there are two versions of Hey Hey, My My with slightly different lyrics. This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by the letters Q, L, and the number pi. :D

17. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Welfare mothers make better lovers

Neil, the grandfather of grundge, roxxors!

Plus, he rides... a Harley Davidson :yep:

18. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Check out "Live Rust". Great album. Another one of his best is "Everybody knows this is nowhere".

TM

19. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I am continuously amazed that a guy who posts in lime green can ride such a manly machine. Baalos, you are an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a goatee :thumbsup: