Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bobert, Jan 31, 2004.

1. bobert

bobert IncGamers Member

Blizzard build

ive search the forums for about 30 mins and i couldnt find a build on a pure cold blizzard sorc. could someone direct me to one, or post on here.

i want to make a pure cold sorc to get maximum dmg for blizzard. equipment suggestions would also be appreciated. thx :)

2. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

It's a pretty easy build, just max blizz, cold mastery and the blizz synergies of you choosing (glacial spike, ice blast, ice bolt), 1 in telekenisis, 1 in teleport, 1 in warmth, 1 in static (optional). you can get shiver armor on a switch orb.

I enjoy the max block route for sorcs so I go high dex, base energy, str for gear, rest vit.

Gear would be things like deaths fathom, orums with +3 blizz etc, stormshield, shako, +2 sorc ammy or +3 cold ammy, arachnid mesh, sojs, boots and gloves for whatever you're lacking (or magic find).

Easiest build ever..... or is that a hammerdin ... hmmmmmmmm

3. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

does that build need to be twinked? and whats the ammount of time between blizzards? and what is the best order of maxing out skills?

4. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

Does it need to be twinked? No. That being said, twinked is better for it IMHO.

Blizzard cool down is like any other cool down, I believe that is 2 seconds but I am not positive on that time, I hardly notice cool downs anymore.

Maxing out skills is personal preference, but always blizzard first, then cold mastery. There is debate about the synergies, I am going glacial spike, ice blast, ice bolt. I don't think you can really go wrong either way to be honest. Just a matter of preference.

EDIT: 1 thing I left out. Some ppl prefer maxing blizzard, then bringing cold mastery to 10, then going synergies and bring cold mastery to max later on.
    Once again, up to personal preference. Getting a higher glacial earlier would give you a spam spell to use during blizz cool down.

5. bobert

bobert IncGamers Member

thank you, but how item dependent is this type of a sorc? are they still good w/o the good equip and just get better with better equip? or do u need the best stuff to kill things?

6. Liverfever

Liverfever IncGamers Member

Totally not item dependent. Dmg is quite high without +skills items, so it is for the starting out MF character. But in hell you will want some resists and the items to add resists are quite cheap. If you are starting out I recommend wizspike (reasonable) and mosser's shield with 2 p diamonds. Both are easily acquired.

Liver

7. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

So what merc would be good?

Holy freeze?... for making it easy to hit guys with blizzard?
    Would he further down chilled enemies?

Might?.. for damaging CI's?

Defiance?... for tanking?

8. bobert

bobert IncGamers Member

not sure about merc

which would be better to use for armor?
    ormus' robe or viper

9. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

oh, yeah, and out of interest, for mephing purposes, which is better, tals set (I've somehow managed to get the complete set even though I'm dirt poor) or okayish uniques (occy, ormus's robes, etc)?

10. krakdaddie

krakdaddie IncGamers Member

i would max blizz then blast...being that blast is usually your second form of attack in pure blizz build

krakdaddie

11. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

ok theres 40 threads about blizz sorc ... skills only , what i need to know are stat points ! ;p

12. HazardFC

HazardFC IncGamers Member

Here is what I recommend... others will differ.

I could not care less about blocking and regret every point I put into dex. But that is me.

So, I would suggest:

Str: Whatever you need for your equipment. I took mine to about 70.
    Dex: 0 for me but if you are into blocking.. take it as high as your sheild needs
    Vit: I put a lot here. With Items my life is over 1000. And I wasted some points in dex and energy
    Energy: Leave at base or add some.. but do not need much. (I do not use energy shield).

But this is just me

13. krakdaddie

krakdaddie IncGamers Member

jpm...what eqip will u be wearing...or what is your ideal equip?....i do the min on str and dex that my eqip requires...none in energy....evrything else in life...but it helps to know what your equip will be so u know what bonus they give to attributes...that will leave u with extra points for life

krakdaddie

14. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

i dont know yet really , and i put 50 in energy so i scrapped my sorc already :/ lol not good

sorc is dedicated to mf so kinda crappy stuff but i dont know exactly