Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizzard and Future D2 Patches...SPF Wishlist

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Friiser, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Not long before this thread Blizzard released 1.14 for D2. What kind of things would you like to see fixed, added, changed and/or altered?

Uber Diablo?
    Pandemonium Event (the Matron's Den, the Forgotten Sands, the Furnace of Pain and Uber Tristram)?
    Act VI?

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

The Pandemonium Event would be great . . . not crazy about Uber Diablo, unless they changed how to get him to walk. Maybe something like once every thousand monster kills in Hell, a random number generator rolls and there's a certain chance to have the clone walk. I've only found three SoJ's in my years of playing, and I can't see myself ever finding enough to trigger him the normal way. Also, with duping so easy in SP, if it was triggered by SOJ selling it would be easy for unscrupulous players to sell endless amounts.

I'd like de Seis to go back to stealing potions. That's just awesome. I'd also like OK's to cast Iron Maiden again in the Chaos Sanctuary. I always enjoyed playing a melee character there and having to finesse fighting them, getting them to cast Decrepify to override IM. I may be alone with that one, I freely recognize.

3. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

I only need the inferno bug fixed. That's it.

But yes, I would enjoy seeing the Pandemonium event as well as Uber-D (with a different spawning mechanism, as Noodle points out).

Seriously though, fix inferno.

Zenigma likes this.
  4. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

I also wouldn't mind it if they fixed mana burn
    Curious if Energy Shield would be more useful, and thus melee sorc more powerful

Zenigma and PandadudeSP like this.
  5. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Fix bugs: especially skill bugs like those mentioned above but also skills like sanctuary (who doesn't want 18x extra dmg to pindleskin?)

Add runewords to singleplayer that we otherwise use a text file or whatever to do. (also more runewords giving more fancy skills like energy shield, corpse explosion or cool auras).

Raise the exp cap from monsters (aka Diablo and baal?)

Add Tyrael's Might to the game

coju likes this.
  6. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

I find it incredibly unlikely they would do anything single player oriented since I don't see where the point is on their end to justify that amount of effort. I'm also pretty unsure of their ability to fix things without breaking other things, but I guess that goes against the spirit of a wishlist.

To my mind the best bug fix would be to have mana burn calculate correctly in NM and Hell. Not only is it incredibly annoying but it seems like it should be reasonably simple to fix (in before fixing this borks literally everything damage wise). If they were to fix the LCS to display things properly, that would be nice, I suppose (and would "solve" the Inferno "bug" though not in the way people want it solved.)

Edit:
    Patch 1.15 notes:
    Code:
    Sent Tyrael's Might to pharphis, the only remaining player without one
    ;p

pharphis, thefranklin and coju like this.
  7. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Fix all documented bugs .. by now there is plenty of good documentation about what they are, and sometimes why they happen. Don't just focus on your pet peeve, lets fix the lot.

Uber content not just in Bnet. Keep in mind the whole selling SoJ thing is ONLY a means to an end. They had a problem of duped items, and thought this would help to reduce that. If they were honest with us, and it came to SP, there wouldn't be a "sell 9000 SOJs" to spawn him once. Would they prefer that we dupe them to sell them to "trigger the way it is on Bnet?" Nope, just nope. There would have to be some other trigger.

Keep in mind that generally when most people think "Blizzard won't patch this game, its too old!" BOOM patch time! We might even get more NEW runewords perhaps. I wouldn't mind an increased rune drop rate .. It happened in 2003 with 1.10, and with the other patches after.

There could be more skill tweaks, etc one of the recent ones had immolation arrow get buffed.

Also, look how Diablo3 has evolved, especially since patch 2 the game has gotten better IMO, and there has been a power creep. Diablo2 has had that a bit, but not quite as much.

Also look at how the stash space has expanded in D3 over time .. then more if you complete a bunch of stuff. Imagine if the regular stash/inventory was increased (probably not inventory as charms would really throw things out).

Perhaps they could add a similar thing to the difficulty setting in D3 (normal up to Torment 10). Who knows! Maybe some of the BEST of D3 could come back to D2 .. eg auto gold pickup, shiny beams when a unique drops ..

An Act VI is just wishful thinking. D3 is almost 4 years old, D3 MAY get another expansion, I think D2 might get a ladder reset at this point.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I would settle for the Anya bug getting fixed.

9. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

1.14 is probably only meant to adapt the game to the lastest OSs, but anyway, here goes the wishlist.
    Many bugs are still around... what they should fix first imho: sanctuary aura, inferno, poison javelin, AR on ama skills, Anya bug, mana burn, eth cubed armors, p7 baal exp, trippy 1.14a screenshots.
    Nerf/balance some runewords (Grief, Death, Spirit...). Allow Infinity on SP.
    And most importantly, Sur in weapon should give +10%fcr. Come on Blizzard, give that rune dignity.

pharphis likes this.
  10. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Infinite stash plz ! No more annoying muling. ;)

11. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Does using Cloak of Shadows when fighting the Ancients still crash the game?

12. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Anya bug?
    Higher resolution. New color scheme.

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Add achievements to the game, it'd be awesome to just have a single player experience, but with an online achievement service.

Liek "Baron(ess)" sept, "mat/pat" sept, +2 points for every unique and +1 for every set, beat game naked, etc.... It's nice to read about other people doing that stuff, but if there was an achievement for it, I'D DO IT AND NEVER GIVE UP! Excuse the caps.

Timinator likes this.
  14. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

HOW DID I FORGET ACHIEVEMENTS!! If D2 had decent achievements I might never play another game .. especially if they were STEAM achievements .. however Blizzard (sorry Activision-Blizzard) is in bunker mode and won't play well with others.

Imagine getting recognised "kill ancient kaa with only a weapon, no other items as a melee class" for arguements sake .. I wonder if they will bother to add D2 into the blizzard launcher .. or just for the new stuff, while these patches are more about keep it going, but as is.

15. coju

coju IncGamers Member

I'm curious how hard it would be to setup a 3rd party program that monitored this.

16. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

All good ideas. Do any of you think that people connected to Blizzard look at these forums? (I suppose so...just don't know and was curious).

If I had to sell even 1 of my SOJs, I'd probably at least think it over, especially if I wasn't confident I'd beat the ubers. I definitely would like to see the pandemonium event and uber D come to SP, but a different mechanism to trigger. My idea was x-number of unique monsters killed in a game, next one spawns uber Diablo.

For pandemonium keys would drops just as they are today (they still do drop in 1.14...right?), then craft the three portals, although I'd rather not have to get 3 of each and then do uber Tristram.

17. mir

mir IncGamers Member

I would like to see:

1. Ladder runewords for SP

2. New items (weapons) as crafting bases: swords, bows etc

3. Improve the mercs. Not the AI but items they can use (axes for barbs, orbs for a3 mercs....)

18. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Interesting topic.

As I said in the patch 1.14a thread, I fully expect we'll actually get one or more patches after 1.14a, which will include bug fixes and stuff like that. Here's my wish list for such a patch:

• all content available on ladder should be available in SP as well (and I think off-ladder too, but I don't play off-ladder that much, so I'm not the best person to judge that)
    • being able to do the Cow level, even after the Cow King has been killed
    • no IM back in the CS please; I hated it
    • cube recipe to upgrade normal weapons
    • cube recipe to upgrade set items; many of the sets would suddenly become endgame viable !!
    • remove arrows and bolts from the game; they take up unnecessary space; add durabitlity instead, just as with non-ranged weapons
    • in the same vein, remove stack size of thrown weapons, or at least increase stack size a lot or add replenish as an auto-mod; I love Double Throw Barbs, but they are unplayable atm due to town trips every few minutes
    • remove silly bugs like NM Smith and Griswold (at least I think it's him) being able to do their Hell drop instead of the NM one, just because of a typo
    • fix well known bugs, like AR bonus not working properly on some Bow skills, Inferno and Arctic Blast not working properly or the infamous Fend bug
    • have the ability to assign a 'move' button; now if I'm in a dangerous position and want to get away in a hurry, but accidentally click on a monster, I'm in for some trouble
    • fix the LCS so it's actually more or less accurate, and add some useful statistics like amount of GF, MF and CB to it
    • make Ubers and DClone available on SP; DClone would have a different spawn mechanic obviously
    • buff the Act 3 mercs, so they see more use
    • buff underused skills like Skeleton Mages and Thunderstorm
    • prevent minions to get lost and go poof, especially Iron Golems
    • increase Act 4 to the size of the other acts (I know, highly unlikely, but this is a wishlist, right? [​IMG])
    • Druid shapeshifts no longer have a duration, but work on a turn-on, turn-off base
    • Blaze also has skill based frw
    • Druid Grizzly, Dire Wolves and Spirit Wolves can now be active at the same time
    • be able to put Paladin Auras on left click, so we can finally auto-attack with that class
    • extended durartion on Frenzy, so you don't have to stress out to lose the Frenzy stacks all the time, or at least not so fast; similar skills like Maul, Feral Rage and the PS MA skills already have this extended duration
    • make gems appear in a different colour as well, so they are easier to spot (either orange I guess, or a colour not currently in the game)
    • fix the bugged damage of Tomb Vipers
    • new runewords; a lot of them are already in the game txt file, but just not enabled yet
    • achievements would indeed be great as well

That's all I can think of for now. There's probably more though.

@Noodle I think not. At least not all the time. I recall having read recently, in one of the threads here, that someone used CoS against the Ancients, and the game didn't crash. I can't find the thread anymore though. I thought it was @Grape in his most recent Mat thread, but rereading the thread, I can't find any such info.

Timinator likes this.
  19. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

@Noodle @T72on1 Yea, I tried out CoS with Hell Ancients recently (it was one of the pictures in spoilers). No crash, but I cast it only once. I didn't try it again, nor did I even tried to look in depth about the bug. No idea is it still there and how it even occurs, just something that I remembered that I had read about :p

@ topic.

- fixing all the well known bugs would cool
    - ubers and other Bnet only content to SP. I'm fine without, but when asked "yes" or "no", I'd say "yes".
    - As a SP player I don't need any nerfs to the existing items, I can adjust this myself by restricting myself from not using something if I need more challenge for some char
    -
    -
    Zillion little things could be probably done, but the first point would be the priority. Hard to say are they interested enough in this game to do those. Some of them have probably been well-known for over a decade and weren't fixed before either.

20. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

When you die and re-enter the game without S&E you lose the resistance scroll reward from rescuing Anya, although the LCS doesn't show it of course.

Basically means you need to find an extra 30% resist all in PvP. Also in SC if you did to Gloams, it is even more dangerous next time, for example. Of course in HC it doesn't matter...