Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizz vs Fo

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by §Hex Vex§, Sep 17, 2006.

1. §Hex Vex§

§Hex Vex§ IncGamers Member

Blizz vs Fo

I'm going to build a new sorc for mfing, and I was wondering which one would be best to use? Blizz has massive damage without that great of gear, while FO requires less skill points but needs a bit better equipment. It also has all the alternatives to use with the other skill points which I'm thinking of putting into ES.

Also, with a Blizzard Sorc, what should I put my stat points into? Str and dex I know already, but what about vitality and mana? Same with frozen orb except if I did use ES, then I'd have to put all my points into energy right? Any points into vitality at all for that? :embarassed:

Thanks

2. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

The thing with Frozen Orb is that it allows you to have an attack of a differing element, such as fire, or lightning.

Check out the guides, they contain some useful builds (tested by our own forum members).

For almost all PvM characters:

-Strength: Enough to hold gear
    -Dex: Decide if you want max block or not. Otherwise, in a PvM situation, enough dex to hold gear is enough
    -Put as much into Vita as you can
    -Leave energy alone. Drink pots, or use an Insight Polearm on the merc

ES is usually left alone when you're just using the sorc to MF.

3. §Hex Vex§

All right thanks, I'm just thinking of doing a blizzard sorc I guess since I'm somewhat leaning towards the damage and the running speed at the moment.

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Straight blizzard is doable. Straight FO is not viable.

Like stated the whole point of FO is to use it with fireball/meteor or lightning/chainlightning.

FO + ES build - sorry, just not seeing it. It will probably work, but it will be a very slow killer in hell.

5. §Hex Vex§

Blizzard it is then. Thanks

6. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

actually my mf sorc is pure orber/es and she solos all bosses in hell. I do baal runs in less then ~3minutes, and diablo runs around 4minutes if lord de seis has annoying mods. Takes about 8 seconds to kill diablo hell. although she has difficulty in games with more then 3 players just because orb doesnt cut it. I aslo use her to do all key runs and pits.

so it is viable even though she doesnt have a second element.

oh and if i switch her gear she makes a nice dueler as well.

7. Munchie

Munchie IncGamers Member

What skills/gear do you have? I want to make an orb/es MF sorc and I'm not sure what to do because all anyone seems to talk about are blizzballers and meteorbs.