Blizz sorc vs Hammerdin

ebyworx

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizz sorc vs Hammerdin

I built a brand new shiney blizz sorc with nightwing, facets, high fcr and I seem to be having problems with my kill speed. I seem to run into a lot of cold immunes doing solo mf runs and I am not seeing why people recomend this build over hammerdins. I have put a lot of time and items into this build and am wondering if I missed something or if this is just something I will have to deal with due to having a one tree sorc build

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
ebyworx said:
I built a brand new shiney blizz sorc with nightwing, facets, high fcr and I seem to be having problems with my kill speed. I seem to run into a lot of cold immunes doing solo mf runs and I am not seeing why people recomend this build over hammerdins. I have put a lot of time and items into this build and am wondering if I missed something or if this is just something I will have to deal with due to having a one tree sorc build
If you're a pure Blizz MFer, then you're not meant to go monster massacre rampages. You're only objective is to take down Andy / Meph as fast as you can, and then repeat the same thing over again. Unless accompanied by a good merc, (even with so you'll be slow) you will be ineffective when trying to clear an area in hell.

- Dennis

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
Where do you mf run? Like the guys said, blizz mfers are only for meph/andy.
If you wanna go pit or baal you need a dual tree sorc or hammerdin (unless your merc is godly o_O)

yuqing

Diabloii.Net Member
YOU GO AND MELEE THEM WITH UR LIL ORB!!!!!!!

nah im joking, for your question i would say this

this has been disccused b4 and it has come to this, hammerdin is more versatile able to run just about anywhere except act 3 temple with the magic immune monkeys. Sorcs are able to run meph andy and pindle better then hammerdin since with sorcs you can have much better mf then a hammerdin.

so if you dont plan on running baal, stick with sorc

Raistlin_Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
There ARE other options than andy/meph:

Ancient tunnels (Act 2, lost city) - no cold immunes (except bosses) and as high an area level as the pit.

Mauseleum/crypt (Act 1, next to Blood Raven). 2 high lvl areas where almost all monsters are light immune.

Pindleskin (occasionally hes cold immune - but anyway)

Cows - blizz sorc does decent here though there are better chars for this

Raistlin