Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizz sorc + merc HELP!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by doood, Jul 20, 2010.

1. doood

doood IncGamers Member

Blizz sorc + merc HELP!

Hi I have few quick questions!
    I want to run baal, diablo and Meph + rune runs.

1) Which merc should I choose for my Blizz sorc? (single player)
    2) Whats the difference between act 2 NM mercs and Norm+Hell mercs? Which type of merc would be the best? Offensive, defensive or combat? Some ppl told me to get Act2 NM merc with Offensive aura but thats Might aura which aren't helping my blizzard! Defensive aura give Holy freeze but as im already using blizzard it aren't helping much too.. Can you please give me some advice for what merc act 2 would be best.

Thanks!

2. Abakus

Abakus IncGamers Member

Re: Blizz sorc + merc HELP!

normal defensive for the win!

3. doood

doood IncGamers Member

What if I re-make my skills to Lighting sorc instead of Blizz sorc. Would a merc act2 defensive help me there? I was thinking about the Holy Freeze bonus. Will the monsters I hit get slowed cuz of my merc then?

Thanks!

4. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

1.) Normal defense (Defiance aura), Normal Combat (Prayer aura, especially if using Insight), and Nightmare Defense (Holy Freeze aura) are all good. Go with Defiance if you have items that give a lot of defense (ie, Gladiator's Bane, Stone runeword). He makes a great tank. Holy Freeze is useful because it will slow down cold immune enemies. Prayer will help both yourself and the merc with health regen. They all have their pros/cons and it will come down to preference.

2.) For more information on hirelings, go here. They are all good except for Thorns and Blessed Aim which won't help a caster. Might isn't that bad either as it will increase your merc's damage, which will help when facing cold immune enemies.