Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizz Sorc help plz

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ezail3, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Ezail3

Ezail3 IncGamers Member

Blizz Sorc help plz

Hi i have a couple of questions concerning a blizz mf sorc:

1) Is this a good skill point set-up for a blizz mf sorc?:

1st max blizz (20 pts)
    2nd max CM (20 pts)
    3rd max Ice Blast (20 pts) --- Synergy
    4th max Ice bolt (20 pts) --- Synergy

1-point "wonder" skills:

- 1 Tele
    - 1 ES
    - 1 Warmth
    - 1 Static
    - 1 in each cold armor

2) I also was wondering, if i leave energy at base. Where am i getting all my mana from?? ive heard ppl with like base-75 energy that have like 700 + mana. how is that??

Thanks,
    Ezail

2. Toubo(Pg)

Toubo(Pg) IncGamers Member

for ur mana, a wizzy and big charm provide everything u need. concerning Cold mastery, 20 points is a little bit useless
    17 with +skill is a good target, some more points r ok if u have those spare points, but 20 base is too much, u wont see any difference.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

1. 1 pt in es and no telekenesis is not good. you are better off not using it.

i did glacial spike first after blizz/cm because it is untimered and freezes monsters, so you can tank any non-ci's (except those cheating frenzytaurs) if you want.

i like shiver armor, as it works on attack, not on hit like the other armors.

2. you get 2 mana per level, so around level 80 that's +160. for me it's around 400 naked, base dex. i had to remove frostburns, silkweaves, and lidless, otherwise my mana>health, which is bad for mana curse. right now, it's something like 800 health to 700 mana.

not sure exactly where all my mana is coming from, but i seem to have enough. you can buy pots, so even 400 is enough nowadays.

4. Ezail3

Ezail3 IncGamers Member

So would these be good base stats?:

Strength : 100 (to use all my gear, highest req is travs, 96)
    Dex : Base
    Energy: 150 (150 x 2 = 300 mana)
    Vitality: Everything left over

300 mana + all my mana adding gear would leave me with maybe 600-700 mana

5. Superhal

i'm sure you can get by with base nrg. i would recommend instead putting those points into dex. that would give near max for maybe whistans with some +dex eq.

i'm rather tired of seeing sorcs that keel over vs 3 mobs, so i'm gonna say get max block.

my sorc has around 100 str, but uses a 25 str ammy to use war travs/titans, which gives me enough strength for stormshield.

if i can get a good sorc ammy, i could probably drop the ammy and just use it when i need to equip.

6. D34D

D34D IncGamers Member

I think you'll find that if you use a strength amy to equip gear then switch to a skill amy your gear will turn red and you wont be able to use it. I read in Halciets Barb guide that he'd tried this type of thing to equip and it didnt work.

7. Superhal

yes, my trick (i didn't discover it though, i'm just referring to my post) only works if you have 3 or more items that give strength, and after equipping them, you can remove one and still have enough.

war travs: 10
    tgods: 20
    stormshield: 30

100 + 25 ammy = 125
    125 + war travs + tgods (125 str will allow both) = 155, which is enough for the stormshield.

155 - the ammy + storm = 160, still enough for everything.

[edit] after more thought, this shouldn't work.

i'll check it tomorrow, but the basic idea is:

if you use 1 item to equip others, and the other items have enough added str to support each other, you can remove the original item.

without the ammy, i still need 154 str outside of the storm to use it.

8. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

I disagree with not maxing Cold Mastery first. The 5% to cold resist will do more than the 5% added by the synergies since the synergy is added to the base Blizzard damage and the 5% mastery is added to the damage after synergies, the exceptions are enemies whose resistance is less than your negation -100. For a pure MF Blizzard Sorceress, Andarial and Mephisto should be your goal, Mephisto is the quickest and drops better so I do Meph-only runs, and he has 75 resist... with his 75 resist, it's not wasted until slvl 33.

I also strongly recommend not using Energy Shield, but instead Shiver Armor, just a point. Energy Shield kills you more than it saves you, in my experience... it's a rare ocassion, but what happens when you're teleporting around and get stuck in the middle of mob, slight lag makes you get hit, and BOOM, all your mana is gone... how do you teleport away with no mana? Also, elemental damage is dealt to your mana before applying resistances with energy shield, would you rather lose 400 mana, or 100 life after your 75 resist? It's just not worth it from any angle.

My energy is base, and I have 592 mana after gear. My current set-up (at level 83 on a 2 week old Sorc, only my second character and untwinked, she found her own gear on NM Meph until strong enough to take Hell Meph, which was around level 75)...

P-Topazed Shako Hat
    Oculus Weapon
    P-Topazed Skin of the Vipermagi Armor
    P-Diamonded Lidless Wall Shield
    Mara's Kaleidoscope Amulet
    Arachnid's Mesh Belt (Ethereal, will go back to Goldwrap if it breaks before I find a non-eth Arachnid's)
    Raven Frost Ring
    Rare Ring with 10% FCR (to hit breakpoint), 19% Cold Resist, and 6% MF
    Frostburn Gloves
    Silkweave Boots

With this setup I get...
    +10 all skills
    110% Faster Cast Rate (I'm completely spoiled now, I don't know what I'm going to do when my Arachnid's breaks)
    +7 Strength
    +27 Dexterity
    +27 Vitality
    +37 Energy
    +124 to life
    +164 to mana
    +65% to maximum mana
    +101 to Fire resist
    +120 to Cold Resist
    +101 to Lightning resist
    +102 to Poison resist
    154% Magic Find

I can do Meph -extremely- quickly, and that was my goal. I didn't bother with max block because I don't take the hits - my leeching damage reduction merc with high resists does that for me. I just tele over to Mephisto, slap him in the face with some Blizzards while spamming Ice Blasts in between, and usually by the time the cooldown of the second Blizz is over he's dead. No need to hide behind a moat (which is sometimes bothersome with the council and Bloord Lords) or to waste all your stats and a valuable item position by going for blocking or high defense.

9. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Mf running as in running which places? Coz thats most important.

If mephisto, then 20 cm is very usefull conisdering he has 75% res, and block will not be useful at all.

How to get lots of mana with base energy? Shako, soj, etc... (Drink pots) :drink:

10. Superhal

yes it works. removing the ammy gives me 162 str, shield not red. removing war travs turns the shield red, and i need to put the ammy back on to un-red the ss.