Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

blizz sorc guide?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xineiz, Jan 29, 2004.

1. xineiz

xineiz IncGamers Member

blizz sorc guide?

lots of ppl talk about this blizzard sorc and that is good for meph runs, so i decided to make one, but i dont know how... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

is there any guide for a blizz sorc? can she do pindle/pit runs well too?

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

the sorc doesn't really need a guide. there are a few guidelines that apply to all sorcs and using those, the build writes itself.

blizzard sorcs can run any boss not immune very fast. she can't do pit runs. that is an area and it has a lot of cold immunes. i can't remember what pindle is immune to, but if its not cold, he is possible. mausoleum runs can be down with a blizzard sorc, but i prefer to use other spells for area killing. other spells are faster.

the build: max blizzard, then mastery, then all of the synergies you can. the synergies that you would use more get maxed first. you will end up with one not maxed.

enuf str/dex for gear. base energy. rest in vit.
    the rules about stat points:
    -if you don't use spammable spells, get base energy. if its spammable, 50-100 points (depends on spell and gear).
    -if you want block, pump dex til its maxed
    -minimal str/dex.
    -rest in vit.

those rules cover all sorc builds.

EDIT: you max mastery before synergies because it is more useful. it doesn't need to be maxed. you can stop it at 17 hard points or so. it needs to be at a bare minimum of 17 points after +skills. after that, the point help more than points into synergies if the monster isn't already at -100res. that is the minimum they can go. a lvl 17 cm is -100 res. it is better to have a final lvl of cm be around 25-27. that will take 95% or all monsters down to -100res.

3. xineiz

xineiz IncGamers Member

k thx :)
    does blizz sorc require kinda uber gear or something? coz i dont have all uber stuff but some medium good stuff... shako, sojs, vipermagi, eschuta's orb, tals belt/ammy, cant remember others

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

that gear is good enuf. i consider that to be great gear.

as far as mods goes. you don't need fcr because blizzard is timered. but, for spells like static and teleport wich are spammable and which u will use, u will want fcr. the main breakpoints are 63 and 105. 105 is really only for ppl with spammable killing spells, but with eschuta's and vipermagi, that is 70 fcr. that is plenty.

other important mods don't really have break points. get as much +mana, +skills, +life.. as possible.

for mf, get above 300 mf and good killing speed. after you kill fast, then add more mf if it doesn't sacrifice too much killing speed.

EDIT: small note about gear: occy is better than eschuta's for mf unless u use an alibaba on switch. occy has 50 mf.

5. krakdaddie

krakdaddie IncGamers Member

i would lo0k for a 15% ormus...and if u can find one w/ +skills to a synergy or blizz that would be best...

krakdaddie