Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizz Sorc guide or tips?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by thewoodshed, Feb 6, 2004.

1. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

Blizz Sorc guide or tips?

Playing in a twinked theme game of all sorcs that max 1 skill and their synergies. While some were nuts and picked stuff like enchant, I went with blizzard. I figure this was my chance to try one, so what the heck.

Is it just:

20 blizzard
    20 ice bolt
    20 glacial spike
    20 ice blast
    15 mastery

and then maybe....

1 warmth
    1 teleport
    1 in an armor

Never made a blizz sorc before so tip. are appreciated. (Equipment, etc). Take for granted I can get my hands on any item in the game when making recomendations (legit only, of course)

I like doing max block- is this a pretty common approach for this build?

Thanks,

'shed

2. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

put no points into ice bolt at first. Go pure melee until you get to lvl req for g.spike. Put points into that unitil you hit blizzard. Then max blizzard and c.master when you get it (you should have enough pts to put into both for awhile. Then max g.spike, ice blast and finally ice bolt.

At lvl 90 My sorc is like this:
    20blizz
    20g.spike
    20ice blast
    20cold mastery
    18ice bolt - I think thats the lvl on this 1.

1warmth,static,telek,Teleport

Her mf equipment is:
    tal ammy,armor,belt 4xist Monarch, 2xist baba, 2x30nagels,45ish travs,40chancies,

Her PvM equipment goes:
    Full Tal's with 2/2/1 4/5'd orb, 2xSoj, silkweaves, SS w/ poison res rune in it( makes up for tal armor's lack of pois resist), frostburns. on switch she has +6BO CTA/ wizspike and lidless (for TP'in)

A huge help to this build is a very well equiped a2 might merc. I hate running from things. And in hell baal runs, those damn succubi thingies are all cold immune. He kills em for me 1 hit, just tp up to em and let em wack em.

He wears:
    BOTD warpike / Doom cryptic axe (depends on run), up'd um'd shaft, shako / tal mask (depends on run)

A more affordable setup for him that will still work well is:
    ethereal reapers toll or eth bonehew shael/amn or hel/amn, gaze, shaft

A more affordable setup for your sorc would be:
    shako, occy,skulders, rhyme(or 2xPdiamond upgraded(increases block) moser if u lack huge resist),+3cold skill ammy w/ helpful 2nd mod, resist/FCR rings.

Full bliz can work well without any +skills really, so you can replace the occy with a wiz spike if you REALLY lack the resists.

3. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

the only thing i dont get is why warmth isnt used more than that by ppl ?
    i used to max to 20 warmth , and without it mana is short , ( mf gear ) or you puts more points into energy or lots of potions ?? what about the stats needed ( for a blizz mf .. ) as for the skills you got it pretty right , my build as of now is 1warmth ( i need more info if i max or put more ;o? ) 1 telekinesis as prereq 1 teleport , also why noone talks about energey shield ???! 1 point in here and its a wonder ... then 20 on blizz , 15 mastery and synergies as you want but ill put 20 on ice bolt and ice blast and the other will depend if i max warmth or not.

4. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

The main reason why warmth is recommended to have only 1 point is that it should be easy to boost it with items with +skill. Therefore this should help with mana regeneration. As for your concern with the lack of mana early on, eventually at higher levels and again with some good items your mana shouldn't be that much of an issue with mana from items and plain stats gained purely from your levels. (heard a lot of folk regret it later on)

Therefore unless your going pvp where mana regeneration is important, it recommended that 1 is enough.

ES is optional topic as the arguement goes that ES isn't worth it as SP is scarce with a blizzard build and even with ES mana can be drained too quickly to be affective, hehe or something on these lines.

5. Dark Tyrant

Dark Tyrant IncGamers Member

I don't get why no one make a pure Lightning sorc or Fire?

6. thewoodshed

This is for an all sorc team. Usually I don't make mono-sorc's becasue the are too weak.

'shed

7. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

thx for the answers Kyo

8. krakdaddie

krakdaddie IncGamers Member

my sorc does a 9.4k blizz...to do this i did the max synergies, 1 to tele, warmth, and static...the rest went to cold mastery...her equip is 15% cold +3blizz ormus w/ 5% faucet, lidless w/ 5% faucet, 14% nightwing, occy, soj, +3 cold skills ammy, 2 cold charms, 19/20/9 anni, snowclash belt...the gloves and bo0ts are up to u...i have trang gloves and dont rember her bo0ts...thats about it...kept my str and dex what i needed for eqip...nothing in mana...fill up vitality......the only other gear i could see to make her blizz stronger is another soj, another 5% faucet for the nightwing, and a death fathom(5% faucet for that to0)...

krakdaddie

9. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

I could be wrong but if memory serves me right you should max blizz, CM and then your main syngery (mines Gspike) and then the rest on synergies in that order for PvM.

Aparantly this should give max affect for Blizzard. :scratch:

10. Dark Tyrant

Dark Tyrant IncGamers Member

I don't think they are weak, they are more powerful in their element of choice. All you gotta do is party up. I don't like to play by myself, I feel it defeats the purpose of having b.net.

11. thewoodshed

Well, I usually play alone- I prefer it. I only play with a team of trusted friends twice a week for two hours each day. As a result, most monchrome builds have trouble so I avoid them.

'shed

12. necro1975

necro1975 IncGamers Member

to krackdadie:I would prefer having frozen orb too instead of all that cold dmg

20 blizzard
    20 glacial spike
    20 ice bolt
    20 ice blast
    1-20 frozen orb

13. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Your sacrificing your damage if you do that, blizzard can only really shine with maxed synergies.

14. DS-SoulThief

DS-SoulThief IncGamers Member

If you want max blizzard damage this is what you want:

15% nightwing's with 5/5 facet
    30% death's fathom with 5/5 facet
    4 socket monarch with 4 5/5 facets
    15% ormus (blizz) with 5/5 facet
    Snowclash
    2x SoJ
    +3 cold skills ammy
    Annihilus
    10 cold GCs

That gives you a lvl 46 blizzard and then adds 95% damage to that from gear. Owch....