Blizz sorc: C.Mast. or 2nd Tree?

Crimson_Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizz sorc: C.Mast. or 2nd Tree?

I have a blizz sorc at ~78, I've maxed blizz and all its synergies. My question is, should I now max cold mastery which adds 5%/level (i did the synergies first since they add 8% in addition to beefing each other up) or just go for a backup attack like firewall (which has no synergies). Or is fw just pure crap w/out f.mast.?
 

diabloredrum

Diabloii.Net Member
Crimson_Knight said:
I have a blizz sorc at ~78, I've maxed blizz and all its synergies. My question is, should I now max cold mastery which adds 5%/level (i did the synergies first since they add 8% in addition to beefing each other up) or just go for a backup attack like firewall (which has no synergies). Or is fw just pure crap w/out f.mast.?
cold mastery increases the damage with more than just 5% since it lowers the resistance and that affects more than 5% + damage
 

Crimson_Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
diabloredrum said:
cold mastery increases the damage with more than just 5% since it lowers the resistance and that affects more than 5% + damage

Where does it say this in-game, i don't remember seeing it anywhere.
 

diabloredrum

Diabloii.Net Member
Crimson_Knight said:
Where does it say this in-game, i don't remember seeing it anywhere.
you cant find it but its just to count

lets say that an enemy has 40% resist
and your skill damage is 100. If you increase the damage by 20% you get 120 in damage and with the resist the damage on the monster is 72 (120*0.6) but if you have - resist 20% you get 80 (100*0.8)
 

Black_Rose

Diabloii.Net Member
If you had 21pts to spare, I'd say go for firewall for fun. My 20pt firewall and 1pt fire mastery did well about 5k damage - enough for a backup. Otherwise - cold mastery all the way.
 
Top