Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blizz Sorc Advice

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Alien, May 2, 2005.

1. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Blizz Sorc Advice

I've recently become fed up with my Meteorb and her very constant dying and not doing enough dmg and I've decided to try a Blizzard sorceress. I have a few questions. First of all, I'd like to ask about gear options, specifically what shield to go and whether or not I should worry about max block. Secondly, I'd like to ask about a backup skill for CIs. I'm thinking fire, but not sure if I should go firewall or fireball or something else? Also, is there a guide to a Blizz sorc anywhere, I tried looking and I couldn't find one.

Thanks for the help,
    -AlieN

2. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

I went pure blizz and used max block with a stormshield with a nice -15req/14 fire resist in it. I had a good might merc to deal with immunes and although it was tuff at times I matted her. She does almost all my runs. You could also use an upped visc. Good luck

Cheers K

3. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=263549

Shield: I still use my Rhyme tower shield. I have been really lax getting her best gear accumulated.... so she is struggling on her Ancient Tunnerl runs. 'Course, I do need to level her merc, that will help a LOT. Also, I went for max block... its not like there's much better to do with your points. 2 life a point... ugh!

4. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Sanctuary troll nest and 50% blocking, works very well for me.

5. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Alright, so I've decided on using either upped Visceraunt or an Upped 2xPDiamonded Mosers based on my resistance needs, we'll see. I'll be able to reach 75% block with about 200 dex, and I'll have lots of points left over for vit.

Now, I'm planning on grabbing a HF merc for safety and I wanna know if Blizz and a merc is enough to go through Hell, how often does one meet CIPI enemies? Should I even bother with another skill or just go pure and skip anything that me and my merc can't kill?

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Boy those tricky buggers at the sorceress forum hiding their guides in the sorceress guide library. Right there stickied at the top of the page too - just to be extra difficult to find.

And look at that only 6 different blizzard guides. Man, they sure make it hard for you to track down a Blizzard guide over there.

You must have looked so hard for them.

Guess what I'll bet some of them even care to list equipment choices if you can spare the time too look. One may even mention shields.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

If you want just go through the game then Firewall can give you the best damage for 20-30 points spent in secondary tree. Some people say that Fireball is better if you have some FCR gear.
    If you want this sorc to be a Meph/Pindlerunner like I have build mine, then go pure blizzard and just teleport along CI. Mine sorc has around 50% block with Rhyme Luna and I find this to be useless most of the time. My sorc kills the monsters from distance and hides behind her merc, thus she is not hitted so often. (Only some magic projectiles - not blockable, and ranged attacks hit her) She doesn't need the block at all doing Mephisto/Pindleskin/Ancient Tunnels. But again - during questing the block is nice thing to have.

8. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

Seriously, what guide would make mention of equipment recomendations? I've read all those guides, and none of them talk about using another skill to kill CIs, or mention an optimal gear/merc setup. Most of them just talk about gardening and puppies.

mv

9. Nibiru-

Nibiru- IncGamers Member

Never played a sorc past normal, lol

they've never interested me because ive never had enough wealth to have a decent magic-find character. I prefer the unconvential, I used to Mf with a 73 assasin, which is currently my best, except for level 90 1.09 bnet cow characters, which took all of 6 hours to get.

10. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

This guide (also posted by Doug) has quite a comprehensive section on different shields blocking capabilities in it's stats section under dexterity. It also has another section called Equipment which surprisingly covers the sorceress's EQUIPMENT. (Including 'cheap' options)
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=263549

It does not cover a secondary skill since it's for a pure blizzardress.

This guide also features an equipment section:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=180024

As does this one:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=261493

And this one too: (Though it is PvP)
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=240171

This guide doesn't have a gear section but does list the gear his character is wearing:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=214093

As for secondary skills:

Here's a Blizzard/FW guide:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=217480

And a Blizzard/FB guide:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=214093

FFS people. Does anybody want me to hold their hand while they pee now. Or can we manage that ourselves? :(

11. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

mv <----- was being sarcastic

mv

12. DougTheHead2

Hey, lets ease the veracity of that sarcasm, dave. Take off his last line of "i couldn't find anything", and there is a perfectly acceptable thread about Blizzard help from experienced SPF players. Alien is not the enemy. Be kind.

13. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Um. Not to nitpick, but "veracity" means truthfulness. Perhaps you meant "vehemence" or "virulence" instead?

- Noodle

14. DougTheHead2

That's what I do, its my thing. I use words I can't remember their definition, and hope no one calls me on it. On this particular case, I will have to call it a confabulation. ;)

Maybe I was going for "ferocity"; that sounds close. ORRR, i could have meant your sarcasm is too close to actual flaming, hence his sarcasm is too truthful. Need more humor/wit/tongue-in-cheek to properly flame sarcastically. In either event, when I used that word, I was worried I didn't do it correctly. :lol:

15. gravitysrainbow

gravitysrainbow IncGamers Member

I think he meant voracity. though still not quite the right choice, i can see the association...tenacity perhaps? or i could not interject..

you be the judge:

Voracity

16. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

OR maybe you valued the advice of the coolest, smartest bunch of forumites on the net? If so, you've come to the right place!

I matted my blizz sorc with a 2D Moser's and max block. I highly recommend going the dex route. SC's of Vita solve the HP problem.

If you don't have uber expensive gears, try the Iratha's Set. It gives huge +max resists, Iratha's and Moser's basically makes you invincible in Hell.

As for secondary attack, I used 10 points in Static Field and an HF Merc with a big pole and plenty of CB to bring down CI's. SF with a huge radius also has the added benefit of turning /players 8 into /players 4.

I guess you could use a wand with Amp Damage or Lower Resist charges, though I never used one. Merc seemed to plow through most everything, and Blizz is absolutely devastating combined with Static Field. Plus, there's always Teleport.

If I remade my blizz sorc, I'd do the exact same point spread again. I like her.

[EDIT] DEFENSE DOES NOT MATTER. Only block % matters with this build. Seriously.

-GG

17. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Sorry to be a nuisance, I checked the Strategy Compedium and the SPF Guide List, and completely forgot about the Sorc forum...I'll think next time.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll be going pure Blizzard considering this will be a MF character mostly, hopefully my merc and static field can handle immunities.

Thanks again and sorry for my ignorance,
    AlieN

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I prefere the Blizz/FB combo. max blizz and 1 synergy, make sure CM is at least 17 with +skills, then max fireball, 1 in FM and then pick a synergy (meteor is a good one)
    A pure blizz sorc for me is just too much of a pain. I dont like parking montsers. If they attack me, they will eventually die, so i dont like the idea of TP'ing past 1/2 of act 5 hell or waiting a month or 2 for my merc to kill them all.

19. tulips

tulips IncGamers Member

Has anyone had experience with Blizz/Fireball with tal's set?

Wanting to make one, but not sure if it could work without all the +skills

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Mine doesnt use it, but i beleive reborn's one does. If I'm right, i remember him thinking it was really good.