Bliz synergies or CM (1.14)

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
I've maxed Blizzard and Glacial Spike in my sparkling bliz'er and I have about a dozen or so more points available before the build is complete, is it better to pump up the Bliz/GS synergies or Cold Mastery? Is CM still a one point wonder in 1.14?

necrolemming

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a second element to deal with cold immunes, I don't think you need more than one point with +skills in Cold Mastery.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a second element to deal with cold immunes, I don't think you need more than one point with +skills in Cold Mastery.
I've got a reasonably well synergised Charged Bolt, but as she is my 1.14 starter character not too many +skills, so I just want to beef up the Bliz/GS.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC: Cold Mastery is generally recommended at a couple of levels. 1 point if you don't have the skill points spare. (CM is affected by +skills, while synergies are not.)
Or, if you can get it to either level 17 (after skills,) or 32 if you want to go after ... Mephisto? (one of the bosses for MF.)

At level 17, it reduces enemy cold resist by -100, so will affect everything non-immune, without any waste.
95% resist is reduced to -5%, while 0%resist will be brought down to -100% (lower % cap.)

In terms of damage output, Cold Mastery is generally better than boosting synergies, until you reach the -% target you're aiming for.