Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bliz sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by datrupimp, Feb 24, 2004.

1. datrupimp

datrupimp IncGamers Member

bliz sorc

whats best shield for bliz sorc? im thinking either ss or lidless cold faceted but some people tell me whistans guard with 2 cold facet in it, which is best?

2. toader

toader Banned

It all depends on your other gear.

Personally I think Lidless with a 5/5 cold faucet. By doing this it will give the extra fast cast needed to reach the last break point of 110%.

Magefists (20%)
    Deaths Fathom with cold faucet (20%)
    Lidless with cold faucet (20%)
    Perfect Viper with cold faucet (30%)
    Arachnids (20%)

Might as well finish the gear out....

SOJ
    Ravens
    Shako with cold faucet
    Boots are variable....depending on what you need. FHR (have 10% FHR somewhere) /Resists/Max Fire Resists (for fire sorcs) / Vit

CTA with +1 sheild on weapon switch

Obviouisly this would be a VIT sorc and not a blocking sorc, but with the super fast cast you will have, alond with some FHR, blocking shouldnt be an issue.

Minimal STR/DEX to wear gear
    50 Base energy
    Rest into VIT

Ill assume you know the skills needed for a blizzard sorc...

3. Xerxxes

Xerxxes Banned

Nightwind Veil (15% cold damage and +2 skills with a facet) > shako.

4. toader

toader Banned

Eh, personal preference. Shako adds a TON of life and mana and 10% DR which I like alot.

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Whitstans can only have 1 socket. I think you'r refering to Mosers Blessed Circle, but that one has crappy block%, same as Lidless.

6. warding

warding Banned

Let's not argue with the SS :) Good block, DR, Hugh defense, native resists.

Only costs a few str points.

7. gideon2086

gideon2086 IncGamers Member

i use both a 5/5 lidless and a -15/15res ss depending on who im dueling.

8. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Been pondering the same question myself...to SS or not to SS? I have lidless, I have 2 perf diamond Moser's and I have Whitsans. I don't have SS, but I'm wondering if I should bother pumping Str in anticipation of eventually getting a SS. Is it worth the bother, or should i be dumping those stat points into dex and Vit?

if so, then what shield?

-X

9. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

In most sorc duels ive been in, if you get hit.. you lose. I guess you can use that logic both ways, but i'd rather have the vit to take that hit, rather then a slighty better chance to block.. which just stuns you long enough to get hit again :uhhuh:. No point in SS if your not going block, Lidless all the way IMO

10. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

I am pretty happy with my UM'd SS. The STR price is hefty but it deserves it. I tried Lidless but was pretty fast dissapointed. The one extra skill is not enough to justify it and the only reason to use one would be fcr. If you desperately need +1 skill from shield I guess upgraded Visceratuant would be much better than Lidless.

11. gideon2086

i already stated up top, use a -15/15res ss for melee, and use a 5/5 cold facet lidless for everything else, dont bother maxing block on ss its a waste of way too many vit points.

12. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Each vit points will only by you two life. Life is very easily obtained elsewhere (one perfect small charm of vita = two levels of vitpoints, shako at level 80 = 24 levels of vit), so putting points in vita is not that great an investment for the sorc. Dex on the other hand is impossible to gain from items. Having max block will not only nullify 3/4 of all melee attacks, but also 3/4 of arrows, cold balls, bolts and many other directional attacks, effectively quadrupling your life. Max block is absolutely worth it, unless you like to play very defensively. This is from a pvm point of view.

13. gideon2086

sigh, my final answer is: personal opinion. Do what you want, try both see which you play better with.

14. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

I usually go nonblock lidless wall. But that's my opinion :) I can tell you that i lost a lot more to casters with stormshield than with lidless while i can teleport so melee doesn't touch me anyway unless i'm having terrible fps drop or lag.

15. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

The pure superiority of SS over Lidless is not the chance to block but the 35% DR. SS + Shako + CoH/Enigma = 50% DR and assuming 75% CtB I assure you, you will rarely die. On the other had max vita would offer about twice life, though with no CtB and no DR ( Shako + CoH/Enigma = 18% = not enough to survive heavy melee..) meaning a fast death if swarmed/surrounded.

Life is unfair, why necros and palas have such great class-specific shields ? I mean come on , HoZ is totally broken (mtg term) and obviously Boneflame/Darkforge/Homo are way too good for a necro. I wish sorcs had a better shield than Visceratuant (which isnt even class specific :scratch: ) :grrr: