Blind Guardian

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Blind Guardian

Kinda late, but I saw this band live last Wednesday in Seattle. I've been listening to this band for the last 2 years, and seeing them live was freaking amazing! This one of the few bands that I can pretty much listen to any song and enjoy it.

Their opening band was pretty damn good too, called Leave's Eyes. If you like power/epic/balladic metal, I'd definitely recommend both the bands to you. Infact, if you just like metal in general, check em out.

My brother got 3 guitar picks from the show itself. Lucky slut.

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
I've listened to Blind Guardian a number of times at my buddy's place and thought they were pretty good. Been listening to more classical than anything else right now, though.

And the slut thing is funny because we used to call each other that back in the day. Kind of random but it got funny sometimes.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
They're one of my favourite bands, if not my favourite at the moment!

I saw them last September and they are really good! I'm not too familiar with anything before Tales from the Twilight World. After that, every album is just great : Imaginations from the other side (best metal album ever, esp with Thomen!), Somewhere Far Beyond, Forgotten Tales (acoustic versions!), Nightfall in Middle Earth.....brilliant.

A Night At The Opera was a bit of a dissappointment to say the least. Not recommandable at all, to be honest. And a poor way to tribute Queen (I know it's a Marx brothers movie and that Queen named their album after that, but BG did it in tribute to Queen).

But the new album is just great, and I've only just taken it out of my discman (why buy a MP3 player when my old discman still works?) - can't stop playing it. (nor stop singing along with it. Sorry fellow people who ride their bikes to work too)

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
What kinda music? What other bands do they sound like?
Power metal - a mixture of Queen, Iron Maiden, and I may have heard Kiss influences on the last album but I've never been into Kiss so I'm not too sure about that one so forget about it - think German metal without the usual sound of the vocalist actually having weasels down his trousers biting him in his family jewels.

Velimor

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually enjoyed Night at the Opera. Some of the songs in the middle were so-so, but the last couple songs were great, especially the last part of the last song.

la la la la lala la la la la
blah blah its over now blah blah blah blahdidy blah

Nightfall....is there any better song to sing along to while drunk?

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually enjoyed Night at the Opera. Some of the songs in the middle were so-so, but the last couple songs were great, especially the last part of the last song.

la la la la lala la la la la
blah blah its over now blah blah blah blahdidy blah

Nightfall....is there any better song to sing along to while drunk?
It's a matter of taste but if to recommand BG, you'd not recommand ANATO as first choice.

Unless maybe when you're drunk. I've never been drunk. I don't need alcohol to sing along completely offkey with Nightfall.

Velimor

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a matter of taste but if to recommand BG, you'd not recommand ANATO as first choice.

Unless maybe when you're drunk. I've never been drunk. I don't need alcohol to sing along completely offkey with Nightfall.
You are now my guests........forever!

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAROFL

Velimor

Diabloii.Net Member
It's cool, I brought my own :grin:

Seriously though, I wonder where that cd is; I haven't listened to it in a while.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't mind Night at the Opera much at all. Some of the stuff was somewhat overproduced, yes, but I still liked it. Punishment Divine remains one of my favourite rock out songs.

But yeah, Twist in the Myth is better. Listening to Imaginations from the Other side right now =D

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, nice.

I also find Demons and Wizards, their side project with Iced Earth, to be another amazing band. It's more on the faster metal side, but they have some amazing songs, such as Fiddler on the Green, and their entire Crimson King album.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, nice.

I also find Demons and Wizards, their side project with Iced Earth, to be another amazing band. It's more on the faster metal side, but they have some amazing songs, such as Fiddler on the Green, and their entire Crimson King album.
I liked the D&W debut, but I listened too much to it I suppose. I couldn't be bothered to buy the second album, don't like it as much as Blind Guardian.
I do miss Thomen Stauch though, he drums like mad. But Hansi is still there and he's handsome. :girly:

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
I've gotten myself into penty of western European music as of late. Blind Guardian, DragonForce, Nightwish, and Within Temptation to name a few.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I finally got a moment to listen to a couple of their songs on Youtube, they're pretty good.