Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blaze Werewolf (PvM)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Dimmu Borgir, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Dimmu Borgir

Dimmu Borgir IncGamers Member

Blaze Werewolf (PvM)

So yeah. I realize its impossible to make a new build that competes with existing godly ones. So I'm just making this one for style.

I basically just wanted to give a Werewolf the Vigor aura.

The only weapon that does, however, is a Harmony bow. So I figure, why not?

This build uses fire Claws, because you're not using that bow for its damage. I'm thinking make Harmony in one of the repeating crossbow types to get "Very Fast Attack Speed" on it.

So, skills:

20 Werewolf
    20 Lycanthropy
    20 Fire Claws
    20 Firestorm
    20 Molten Boulder
    1 Volcano
    1 Fissure

Make sure those single points in the last two are added, because plus to skills will boost them and give you free Fire Claw synergies.

And if you want, you can give yourself a bunch of Dex, since that increases your damage when using bows (And of course you're using it as a melee attack instead, so if you want to invest in Dex you'll be hitting very often).

Other than that, pump that Vit.

So there you have it. A Werewolf that looks badass with an aura on him, runs rediculously fast, and pumps out lots of fire damage.

Alternatively you could just use a Passion polearm and let that Conviction make your Fire Claws super deadly.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

You might not want to do that. Xbows are much much slower than bows.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

The polearm you're thinking of is the Infinity runeword. Sadly, it has no IAS on it, so your attacks will be slow with it, even in a Thresher or Giant Thresher.

If you want Conviction, throw it on a merc.

For a speedy option to make your fire claws deadly, try a 6 socket Phase Blade socketed with a number of Shaels, and the rest Eth runes. I'm not sure the exact amount of Shaels needed to reach the fastest breakpoint, but the Eth runes will lower enemy defense, effectively increasing your chance to hit (like having a super high Attack Rating).

4. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

6 Shaels... So no eth runes... However you only need 110 IAS, so you can use 4 shaels and 2 modded jewels.

5. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Hmm, for Werewolf FC would you invest points into Feral? That seems to be the only thing that would make WW better than WB. However, I'm assuming this wouldn't work due to FC being pre elemental, correct?

6. Dimmu Borgir

Infinity, my bad, not Passion.

Anyway the point of putting this on a Werewolf, in my guide anyway, was to get an asbolutely rediculous attack rating. Werewolf boosts attack rating and attack speed, while Werebear does not. Plus Fire Claws has an additional attack rating boost on top of its fire damage, and on top of that, if you want to get some physical damage out of your bow, pumping Dex will also give you AR. Wear Angelic ring and amulet on top of that, plus other AR boosts from items, and you've got yourself a Werewolf that can chase monsters down and pretty much NEVER miss. It was for this reason I considered calling this build the "Predator".

As for Feral Rage, I don't see the point because leech will not work with elemental damage, plus you won't need the increased walk/run on this build because you have Vigor.

7. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Not a bad idea. I think blade bow is the fast atk a wolf can get iirc with a bow. Don't bet me on it tho, check out a speed calculator.

8. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

+Skills will not boost synergies. With very, very, very few exceptions (Skeleton Mastery, the Druid Summons, etc), synergies only count hard points. You could have +50 skills, but two points in Volcano/Fissure will only add two points of synergy to Fire Claws.

Not in wereform. Cho-Ku-Nos and Demon Crossbows will have a base speed of 9 fpa with Fireclaws while in Werewolf form. Harmony in the fastest possible bow (-10 base speed) will have a 15 frame base attack.

9. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

i thought for a second you might have a source of the actual skill blaze. that would have been cool

10. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Wait Ssog,

Did you say that +skillers WILL affect a few skills for synergy? I had always thought that only hard points will count toward synergies? You listed Skeleton Mastery and the Druid Summons tree as exceptions, are there others?

many, many thanks!
    Kirah

11. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Everything you said about this build sucks. Not that it's not a good idea, but its like all the wrong advice thrown into one bundle.
    ie.
    1) You want to give wolf vigor, I'm assuming for speed, but no feral rage investments.... so its like a serious but not serious build?
    2) 1 point into volcano/fissure for synergies? First off, only raw points synergize. Secondly, if you're gonna' blow 60 points u might as well have a secondary skill that's useful, like fissure.
    3) why not use vigor with harmony on switch, then use 4 frame weap? If your gonna use a bow, use a demon crossbow... its only 10 frames fireclaw but fast as you'll get. But if your gonna use fireclaw with no feral, u might as well go Werebear since you'll swing one frame faster... and you'll look a hella lot cuter doing it :thumbsup:

12. Dimmu Borgir

Any my responses.

Vigor because it looks cooler than Feral. And yeah, its not that serious of a build.

At the time this was posted I was unaware only hard points synergize. This build was not made to be useful. Like I stated in the first post, its made out of style. Seriously how many wolves have you seen with Vigor?

I think Werewolves look cooler, for one. Werebears look absolutely retarded to me. Second, yeah Harmony on switch would work better, but its not like you have to follow this EXACT build. I could easily say equip a phase blade, Shael the crap out of it, put Infinity on your merc, and wear Dragon armor on top, but that would become a different build.

I know this build sucks, I make ones that are fun, not ones that are useful. If anyone wants to try my builds out though, go ahead and have fun. If not, slap a cookie-cutter on your characters like everyone else, completely up to you.

13. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Infernostride Demonhide Boots ------ 5% CtC lvl8 Blaze when struck
    Enlightenment Body Armor ------ 5% CtC lvl15 Blaze when struck
    Rainbow Facet Jewel ------ 100% CtC lvl29 Blaze when you level-up
    Hand Of Justice Weapon ------ 100% CtC lvl36 Blaze when you level-up
    Phoenix Weapon/Shield ------ 100% CtC lvl40 Blaze when you level-up

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:

• Soft points in Skeleton Mastery, Golem Mastery, and Summon Resist will still synergize Necro summons.
    • Soft points in Spirit Wolf/Dire Wolf/Grizzly will increase the passive bonus to Druid Summons (i.e. if you add +10 skills and have a hard point in Grizzly, you will actually get a damage output bonus on your Dire Wolves.
    • Soft points in Prayer will increase the healing boost when you activate Cleansing/Meditation
    • Soft points in Fire/Lightning/Cold Mastery will boost Sorc Spells (this isn't a true synergy, it's like D/A/E, Increased Speed, etc where it passively boosts an attribute on your character- in this case, Fire Mastery, Lightning Mastery, and Cold Pierce attributes).

Those are the only ones I can think of offhand (the keyword here being "offhand"), but it's worth mentioning that Assassin Shadows can synergize their skills through a complex system of skill use, and hard points/soft points are meaningless to a Shadow. Theoretically, it'd be possible to create a Shadow Warrior who cast a slvl 40 Lightning Sentry that was synergized by a slvl 40 Death Sentry, a slvl 40 Shock Web, and a slvl 40 Charged Bolt Sentry. Possible, but not really practical.

You should see the damage ranges that a Shadow Warrior could reach on a Fire Blast, though. We're talking 30k+ average damage per shot with achievable gear. If only she could learn to aim them...:jig: