Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade skills

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Drazhar Khan, May 25, 2005.

1. Drazhar Khan

Drazhar Khan IncGamers Member

Blade skills

I searched already, but didn't get the right answers... If it has been dealt with before, this thread is at the Mod's mercy.

I'm using a Phoenix assassin for PvM. As for traps I would like to have Blade Shield and Blade Fury, just for the look and fun of it. What I don't like is having to spend 5 Skill point just to get them.

Over to the questions:
    1. Do any items (except rare/magic +skill) grant me these skills?

2. What exactly do Blade Shield and Blade Fury transfer in terms of CB, OW, CS, ...?

[edit]I just remembered to read the FAQs. But I don't think the answer to question #1 is in there...[/edit]

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

1.) The only way to get those mods is on a claw with staffmods. That means elite or high-end exceptional claw. It can be "white," magic, or rare.

3. Leviticus Darksyde

Leviticus Darksyde IncGamers Member

What do you mean you don't want to spend the points to get them!?!?

Trust me, spend the points. You'll thank me later.

Here's the thing. In every character class, there are skills you wish you didn't have to put points in, but to get to the good stuff, you need to. It doesn't mean you have to actually use the skill you put the point in; you're just opening your skill tree for the skill you really want.

*Leviticus Darksyde*

4. phool

phool IncGamers Member

i wouldn't bother with those skills at all, without heavy crushing blow I've found BF not very useful, and u need BS a pretty good lvl for it to be worth the effort, otherwise u keep having to recast it.

5. Drazhar Khan

Drazhar Khan IncGamers Member

The problem is that those will be my only Trap skills. And it's mainly for the looks of it, not strategy. Spending up to three points for that purpose is fine, but five?

And extra points in it is a no-go. It only adds duration and I've got +all skills for that.

6. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Blade Shield is one skill I would suggest everyone try out, but not to use on every build. On a PS build, I find it useful for inturrupting the attacks of other monsters. Not for damage, but as a defensive skill.

Blade Fury becomes almost essential in areas like the World Stone Keep where Oblivion Knights turn both you and the merc into shredded cheese. If you have high enough life, low enough claw damage, and careful timing, then no, you won't need it. However, it is something I consider one of the essential 1-pt wonders that I include in every build.

Information on these skills may be found in the stickies - the short version is that almost everything transfers to BF, while BShield only gets the physical/elemental damage from your normal attack. Neither one is affected by charge-ups.