Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Shield

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by UltraNull, Apr 19, 2005.

1. UltraNull

UltraNull IncGamers Member

Blade Shield

Bladeshield seems like a very cool tool. I'm not sure how effective it is, and I would like to know some things before I ruin my build.

- Is it worth the skillpoint(s)?
    - How do you use it to it's full effect?
    - 1 point or more?
    - Does it hit a lot? It is AR dependant? What's the speed?
    - What does excatly transfer from your weapon to the bshield?
    Critcal strike? OpenWounds? +damage form gear? chance to cast X?
    - Does it transfer from non-claw weapons?
    - Does claw mastery add to it (indirectly though you weapon)?
    - Does it interact with martial arts charges in any way?

I know is it transfers poison from venom, but that's all I know realy.
    All the topics here seem more bfury orientated, and don't mention bshield a lot.

Thank you in advance!!!!

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

- Is it worth the skillpoint(s)? - depends on the build
    - How do you use it to it's full effect? - In situations where you wish to attack everything around you, it works well for interrupting monster attacks
    - 1 point or more? - usually 1, but more if you want the duration
    - Does it hit a lot? It is AR dependant? What's the speed? - it attacks everything once per second
    - What does excatly transfer from your weapon to the bshield?
    Critcal strike? OpenWounds? +damage form gear? chance to cast X? - No, no, yes (1/4), no
    - Does it transfer from non-claw weapons? - no
    - Does claw mastery add to it (indirectly though you weapon)? - If your weapon is a claw
    - Does it interact with martial arts charges in any way? - no

Basically, it has none of the useful properties it had in .09, even though it has the added 1/4 damage. That damage applies to your normal attack damage, including AR, +min/max, elemental, venom. No crushing blow, open wounds, or chance to cast works with the skill.

3. UltraNull

UltraNull IncGamers Member

Shame. Chance to cast X would have been a real kicker with SoulDrainers.
    Still, it seems quite usefull when surrounded though...

4. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

I usually toss a point of it onto most of my melee builds (since I always get Blade Fury for them anyway). I'll only turn it on in dangerous areas where the attack inturruption is very handy. The damage is next to nothing, though. Slow attack and damage reductions make it rather weak.

5. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

this is an attack which is nice to hav as a +skill on one of ur claws, if this is for a wwsin

6. snrub

snrub IncGamers Member

I agree here with the point made about attack interuption. Just like druids use raven, we assassins use blade shield. Now blade shield is awesome in that it has a range of 6, so if, for example, you DFlight next to a bowazon, and you're using hit and run (DF in and run away), and u miss your DF, but blade shield manages to cast venom and open wounds... it could be a determining factor in the duel. Secondly, if you're against, say, a zealot, (not using conc!) with your kicksin, you need every oppurtunity for his super fast attack to be interupted, giving you the chance to land a few in his windpipe, right? now of course, kickers dont just have a stand off against most zealots, but this is just a general example. Therefore, I always put in a point for this skill.

7. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

I may be wrong but i was pretty sure that open wounds did transfer with blade shield. I thought it was crushing blow and deadly strike that did not. If Open wounds does indeed transfer, its not a bad skill to have, especially when you consider that when you dragon flight to someone it gives you one more shot at hitting them with venom/open wounds as snrub says above.

8. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

I am rarely using Blade Shield by itself, but I do not remember seeing it transfer OW.

According to Phoenix-Hawk's Assassin FAQ (which has a few errors due to relatively recent discoveries) Deadly/Critical do work, but OW does not. (link clikcy)

9. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

I stand corrected :D
    I must have been mixing up my blade skills. I just noticed that when im chasing a caster with dragon flight I hit them with blade shield far more often than with dragon flight itself, and after they tele around a bit their life always seems very low. I attributed this to open wounds (since typically a sorcy teles around for 5-10 second after i land one hit, i only see their life before dragon flight, and as I am catching them again) But, after thinking about it more its totally possible this is just venom.