Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Shield...worth it for anti-caster kicker?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Speederländer, May 17, 2005.

1. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Blade Shield...worth it for anti-caster kicker?

Ok, I admit that blade shield has never excited me. Mostly because it had a really short duration, cost a lot of mana to keep recasting, and was AR dependent. Furthermore, it made it easier to find me when my shadow was nearby, thus reducing opponent confusion. BUT, I have some points to burn. Is a point in BS worth it? (I can't get it on a claw unfortunately since my claw is fixed now) It would actually be 3 points since I need the pre-reqs. Do you people who duel and use it regularly find you love it? Hate it? Ambivalent?

Does it help? I am NOT a WW-sin. So my claw AR is low. My claw mastery ends up being in the 20+ range from plus skills, but it's still low. But this is an anti-caster kicker so maybe it's good enough?

Has anyone done some PvP testing to check out overall effectiveness? My venom will be level 44 and OW set to 66%, so the potential damage is nice enough. Is it effective though? If I only hit once with it like every 2 or 3 duels, then it is not worth it to me. I would rather dump points in SM or get CB up to 61%. If it hits every duel, then that's a different story...

2. MoreGameThanPS2

MoreGameThanPS2 IncGamers Member

def worth a point, might be the only thing that can hit high def chars

3. Speederländer

Err...how do you figure? It's AR dependent. If your normal attack can't hit 'em blade shield won't. Unless you mean as a result of a zero defense running situation with DF?

4. MoreGameThanPS2

didn't know it was ar dependant, been awhile since i dueled with my kicker, still got atleast a minute duration from your gear, might as well anyways, got spare skill points

5. MoreGameThanPS2

i was just looking at the assasin faq in the compendium, blade shield adds venom at 1/4 its damage, and doesn't xfer over open wounds, it looks like its detrimental to your damage to use shield,as your initial kick wouldn't deliver a venom 4 times as powerful

6. Speederländer

Shows about how much time I've ever spent looking at blade shield. :rolleyes:

The weird part is that I remember people talking about venom going through at full value and OW transfering. Since the AR is so low and the attack is so slow, it's odd that the stuff transmitted is so limited. Oh well.

In any event, I'll just drop the extra points in my master after level 92. Blade Shield remains on my B.S. list. :p

7. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

The kick's higher poison rate would override that of BShield's, so no issue there.

8. Speederländer

Yeah, I've decided that my previously uninformed opinion was the correct one. Its downside is more than its upside. I'll drop the points in flight.

9. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Assuming you're using the SM, I can only see using BShield as confusing the opponent more, as IME SMs love BShield. Or mine does anyway. :lol:

If you're using SWarrior, ignore this post.