Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade shield with Aura?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Toraog, May 19, 2018.

1. Toraog

Toraog Diabloii.Net Member

So I have started a Blades of Ice assassin. The idea was to max Blades of Ice, Phoenix Strike, Claw Mastery, and Blade Shield. For me Blade Shield was just to be some supplemental damage, so I'm not expecting a lot from the skill. But I would like to get what I can out of it. I've been looking for information on the skill and I have a pretty good understanding of most of it's aspects.

What I am asking about is how the skill is affected by the various auras. Lets say we have a weapon that does around 100 damage on a normal hit. (100/4 BS Damage) Wearing war traveler boots (15-25 damage.) With a skill level 13 Blade shield (66-95 damage.) For roughly 106-145 Blade Shield damage... Then we add a might merc which would start with roughly a level 7 Might aura (100% Damage) Would that then only double the weapon damage for a total of 156-195 Blade shield damage? Or would the might have an effect on the boots and skill as well?

2. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

3. onderduiker

onderduiker Diabloii.Net Member

Off-weapon Enhanced Damage only applies to weapon or attack damage (which includes 15-25 added by War Traveler), not damage from the skill itself. Further, the 1/4 damage penalty applies to both 115-125 attack damage and 66-95 skill damage, so damage with +100% Damage (*2) would be as follows:

Minimum = (100+15 * 2/4) + 66/4 = 57.5 + 16.5 = 74
    Maximum = (100+25 * 2/4) + 95/4 = 62.5 + 23.75 = 86.25

So 74-86.25 (80.125 average) in total. See the Basin Wiki's Blade Shield page for more details.

Zephyrous and Fruit like this.
  4. Zephyrous

Zephyrous Diabloii.Net Member

There are only 2 builds so far i found which benefit from the Blade shield skill.

The first one is the famous rift-a-sin, where the blade shield procs frozen orbs via the 16% Chance To Cast Level 21 Frozen Orb On Attack from Rift. Its a nice addition but not a nessecery.

The second one is a selfmade build - the mighty Susano'O (at least i havent seen a build for one). Its a "bear-grief-max blade shield-max venom-max bos" build. Its doing nice physical-poison dmg with the grief and venom. The bear boosts your physical dmg, makes you attack super fast (5 fpa) and gives you enormous life. Grief is the single weapon, that provides the biggest dmg boost to the Blade shield skill. Also the -25% To Enemy Poison Resistance boosts your Venom dmg. Throw some Bramble and Trangs gloves for some more poison dmg.

One of most fun builds i have ever made. Currently at act 3 hell. Looking at the super fast-moving bear with blade shield flying arounds and smashing skulls is simply amazing! Named it after the mythical avatar technique from the Naruto manga. "Susanoo is a gigantic, humanoid avatar made of the user's chakra which surrounds them and fights on their behalf. When activated, Susanoo forms around the user and becomes an extension of their will, acting and attacking on their behalf. By default, Susanoo is anchored to its user and they to it: in its less developed forms it will move around with the user; in its more completed forms the user will be suspended within Susanoo, being brought with it as it moves around. This connection allows Susanoo to shield against physical attacks, one that becomes more difficult to penetrate as it is manifested more fully."